Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL Seahawks-Rams Divisional Playoff Game Thread

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I can't recall as stark of an in-season regression as we're seeing from Russ. He's lost it.

Great podcast though
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I feel like I'm watching a preseason game
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

DK Metcalf won’t be a Seahawks in 2 years

Why would he not be?
    They could still win this game (probably not) but how did anyone think this team had a chance in the playoffs after watching the 2nd half of the season?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

They could still win this game (probably not) but how did anyone think this team had a chance in the playoffs after watching the 2nd half of the season?

The only chance they have is if the Aints or Packers get upset
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Mostly just hope. It wasn't inconceivable that the offense would pull their heads out of their asses and return to form. But turns out they just stuffed them up there further.
    Founders Club
    Nobody that plays that sloppy deserves to win.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Trying hard to remember watching a more miserable performance in the playoffs by any team. Rams-Pats Super Bowl, maybe, but at least they were playing for a championship.
    Founders Club

Pete Carroll is the new Mike McCarthy. One super bowl, both underachieved in the playoffs for years after said super bowl, coaching records are near identical between Carroll's Seattle stint and McCarthy's time in Green Bay.

Another early exit. 12's will disagree, and Carroll is still the best coach in franchise history. That's fine. The two resumes are very similar.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Ol Gainsey playing with feces in his throat trying to help fill in for Donald

Mostly just hope. It wasn't inconceivable that the offense would pull their heads out of their asses and return to form. But turns out they just stuffed them up there further.
    It’s been like this for 6 weeks with zero signs of life
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No question, but it's still an absolute head scratcher. That same unit was the best offense in football for six weeks. Taking that big of a nose dive mid-season, and still sustaining it after players return from injury, is fucking wild.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    So they beat the 49ers (twice), Cards, Lambs, 3/4 of the NFC Least, Jets, Patsies, Dolphins, Vikings, and Falcons.

The Redskins aren't a real playoff team, so they only beat one decent playoff team all year. They definitely shriveled up versus the top 10 teams. The 12-4 was a mirage. I'm pretty fucking pissed.
    Russell Wilson fucking sucks until he doesn't anymore. He has played so poorly over the past 9 weeks he hasn't earned the title of a bad QB.
    Founders Club

Pete Carroll is the new Mike McCarthy. One super bowl, both underachieved in the playoffs for years after said super bowl, coaching records are near identical between Carroll's Seattle stint and McCarthy's time in Green Bay.

Another early exit. 12's will disagree, and Carroll is still the best coach in franchise history. That's fine. The two resumes are very similar.
    Downplaying a coach that has won a Super Bowl and gets into the playoffs every single year is FS.

There isn’t any active NFL coach with more than one Super Bowl other than Belichick. The pass on the goal line fucked Pete’s legacy.
    So I should be happy about McCarthy in Dallas?
    Swaye's Wigwam

Downplaying a coach that has won a Super Bowl and gets into the playoffs every single year is FS.

There isn’t any active NFL coach with more than one Super Bowl other than Belichick. The pass on the goal line fucked Pete’s legacy.
    So I should be happy about McCarthy in Dallas?
    No, but Dallas sucks. The Seahawks do not.
    Founders Club

No question, but it's still an absolute head scratcher. That same unit was the best offense in football for six weeks. Taking that big of a nose dive mid-season, and still sustaining it after players return from injury, is fucking wild.
    Once upon a time I speculated that Peterman had burned out from coaching and that a deal was being made behind the scenes for Lake to take over for him. There was short-term ridicule but then later it all proved true.

I'm getting that same feeling about Russ. When I look at Russ over the past month, I see someone going through some sort of deep personal strife. Marriage trouble, family trouble, something.
    Founders Club

You mean except for the 20 fourth quarter points just last week to beat SF?

Don't say zero signs of life. Say he has largely struggled.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Once upon a time I speculated that Peterman had burned out from coaching and that a deal was being made behind the scenes for Lake to take over for him. There was short-term ridicule but then later it all proved true.

I'm getting that same feeling about Russ. When I look at Russ over the past month, I see someone going through some sort of deep personal strife. Marriage trouble, family trouble, something.
    Something went sideways with him. He’ll bounce back, but it wasn’t the same, usual guy although you never know if that was simply because he was playing shitty.