Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Forgive me, I have sinned

Signed on for Discovery +

Leveled up on the HGTV gayness.

It’s fucking awesome, Uncle Race.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Queery, is every episode of dirty jobs in that?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Queery, is every episode of dirty jobs in that?

yes.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,721
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am getting closer to actually investigating the whole TV by app thing that the kids are talking about. Based on how annoyed I am paying for DirecTV to see every station I like trying to sell me their app, the tech must be ready even for the olds

I'm most interested in FX because I am jonesing for Justified
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The only reason I keep cable TV is for sports. Is there a good alternative for that yet? Especially college football.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

The only reason I keep cable TV is for sports. Is there a good alternative for that yet? Especially college football.

For one you need the 666 ESPN app. I think CBS and the networks stream their sport now too. And the FOX app
    edited January 2021

I am getting closer to actually investigating the whole TV by app thing that the kids are talking about. Based on how annoyed I am paying for DirecTV to see every station I like trying to sell me their app, the tech must be ready even for the olds

Dropped DirectTV about a year ago in favor of HuluPlus (for local channels). Bundled with ESPN/Disney+. Saved a shitload of $$$$ - didn't really count up the savings because that's for the poors.

DirectTV didn't have Pac12 Network (fuck Larry Scott) so no big deal, neither does HuluPlus.

HuluPlus has a specific FX channel - watched Fargo and Snowfall last night, in fact. Get my Showtime and HBO/Max via an Amazon Prime channel.

As for Discovery+, the gal in the Palm Springs HGTV show is looking tasty. Dropped her pregnancy lbs and spends half the show all sweaty working construction and half the show in tight dresses showing the property.

Swaye's Wigwam
    For some reason Christina is looking hotter than ever these days. The sexual tension between her and Tarek now that she is single again in palpable

For some reason Christina is looking hotter than ever these days. The sexual tension between her and Tarek now that she is single again in palpable

Mrs. Throbber v2.0 fucking hates Christina. Rarely get to watch that show - but fairly certain Christina and Tarek are going to do the horizontal mambo on a waterfall island in the next two seasons.

Now that I have D+ I need to go back and watch the whole Windy City Rehab lawsuit season because, well, boobs...

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Justified is one of the best series ever. Kicks ass straight out of the gates and continues kicking ass until the end.
    dflea said:

Justified is one of the best series ever. Kicks ass straight out of the gates and continues kicking ass until the end.
    #Raylen&Boyd2024
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    God damn all these HGTV remodeling shows!! What's wrong with a 16 year old kitchen that doesn't have a farmhouse sink?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I didn't look like a bag of smashed assholes, I could have my own HGTV show, what with being forced to rebuild my entire house one piece at a time. Had to replace 81% of my plumbing over Christmas and am right now taking a break from screwing up drywall in the master bedroom and bath. It's getting fucking old. Might as well make some of dat TV money in the process, right?
    Swaye's Wigwam

If I didn't look like a bag of smashed assholes, I could have my own HGTV show, what with being forced to rebuild my entire house one piece at a time. Had to replace 81% of my plumbing over Christmas and am right now taking a break from screwing up drywall in the master bedroom and bath. It's getting fucking old. Might as well make some of dat TV money in the process, right?

How hot is your husband?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam
    well does anyone have Fubu? it has the best sports, I just need good funcking internet - not this shit out in the cuntry - 11mbs is about max
    Swaye's Wigwam

God damn all these HGTV remodeling shows!! What's wrong with a 116 year old kitchen that doesn't have a farmhouse sink?

LebamDawg said:

well does anyone have Fubu? it has the best sports, I just need good funcking internet - not this shit out in the cuntry - 11mbs is about max

Go sign up for Starlink. You might get lucky.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

God damn all these HGTV remodeling shows!! What's wrong with a 116 year old kitchen that doesn't have a farmhouse sink?

My kids would love a goat or two.
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Go sign up for Starlink. You might get lucky.

Starlink looks promising - $99 month for 100mbs with a $500 set up. They are doing beta testing - only available in the northern portion of the US and southern Canada

• Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,907
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Youtube tv is pretty good. Has good sports and local channels.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I think ala carte television will be the future. It seems pointless paying for Comcast, DirectTV, or Dish more money because you have to pay for 200-300 channels you never watch.