Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Where have all the dive bars gone?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Not entirely related but it sucks balls the College Inn closed down. Most unique spot on the Ave and all I need is Mac and Jacks on tap.

You can go to a Denny's if that's all you need.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cheep brew, quality jukebox, shuffleboard, pool, popcorn, peanuts...my favorite dive bar ever is on the border of Oakland and Berkeley, the Kingfish. Used to go when I was there for work, even opened and closed it once. It was going to be torn down for condos, and I heard they moved the building (actually, more of a shack) to a new location...any NoCali dawgs familiar?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When I lived in the greater Seattle area I was up north, would go to the Madison Ave Pub in south Everett. Pool, cheap beer and burgers. Also played pool at O'Finnegan's Pub on 99 just north of the 405 access.

So many others that I know do not exist any more it is sad. Had a friend that made jewelry at a little place next to Teddy's on 65th. Many a night closing that place and Dante's. I lived just a couple blocks from Dante's across the street from the Porsche dealership. Oh yeah - the Blue Moon - sure that is there still.

Was a dive place on Lake City Way - about where the Toyota dealership is now, on our way to a game one Saturday morning stopped, drank tons of beer and ate pickled eggs. Those damn eggs you could dribble down court they were so old. About half time me and my friends could have cleared an entire section of the stadium. We played it cool and blamed the group in front of us.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some of my shitholes...

Al's Tavern in Wallingford
    Pacific Inn Fremont
    The Rez for @Swaye
    The Baranof in Greenwood
    The Green Lantern

I bought kegs from the Green Lantern (Wallingford, not Walla Walla) back in college.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is Linda's on Capitol Hill still around?

Lake City Way has grimy shitholes, but they are probably all out of business after this COVID bs.

Great spot in Purdy called Local Boys. Chinsane beer selection and 40 taps.

That weird 12 wood carving out front, is, disconcerting. Not bad burgers.