Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

light security onsite

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
You had two months to prepare for a contentious day. Security experts on ABC today said private security and city law enforcement knew what was on the horizon for today. What was Mayor Bowser thinking? I can only come to the conclusion that she wanted it to happen.

Do you know who will be popping champagne tonight? Corporate news media. They are loving this. They will squeeze weeks out of this, maybe months.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BIL works for the Justice Department. They have been preparing for today and knew violence was going to happen.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

That dude is a Qanon nut job. He’s a card carrying member of the Trump Cult.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2021
    One Q guy who liked to hang out at BLM rallies (the guy with the coon hat) and 2 ANTIFA guys...the crazy thing will be if this wackiness ends up somehow merging the two group. When you have a Banana Republic with only one effective group in charge all the opposition ends up coalescing together.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

One Q guy who liked to hang out at BLM rallies (the guy with the coon hat) and 2 ANTIFA guys...the crazy thing will be if this wackiness ends up somehow merging the two group. When you have a Banana Republic with only one effective group in charge all the opposition ends up coalescing together.

One of those two guys (on the right) is Matthew Heimbach, a somewhat infamous nazi. Linked is a great story about him assaulting his father-in-law after banging the FIL’s wife (not his mother).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5498547/amp/White-nationalist-leader-arrested-assaulting-father-law.html

This is another Trump guy.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Whether or not the DC mayor was unprepared, I'm more surprised that the security apparatus around Congress was so pathetic. That sort of duty shouldn't be outsourced to the DC police and a handful of Secret Service members. Our entire legislative body was protected by a few doors and handguns.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Stop stealing my shit. I was the first to say that antifa and the far right are morphing into one amorphous blob of losers.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I kind of get a kick out of the media still talking about the curfew and how it's being violated. The curfew will really show 'em.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. Left wingers do this kind of thing. It's getting retarded for everyone.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Left wingers do this kind of thing. It's getting retarded for everyone.

For clarification, would you say the protests and violence and riots during the Civil Rights movement is equal to what happened today?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

For clarification, would you say the protests and violence and riots during the Civil Rights movement is equal to what happened today?
    For fucks sake its 2020

The police violence was far greater in the 60s

Once we grab the guns we can get back to that
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I had an uncle fired from Seattle PD in the 60’s for being too violent.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

No, the riots and violence from the left have always been far, far worse. The "violence" I've seen from today has involved some police and protestors scuffling, some breaking and entering into the Capitol Building, and some young woman being shot and killed by what appears to be Capitol Hill security.
  • Options

For fucks sake its 2020

The police violence was far greater in the 60s

Once we grab the guns we can get back to that
    I’m genuinely curious as to how moderates draw that line. I’m not particularly curious how Trumpers do. Although the police violence line isn’t bad.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Black Panthers brought guns to Sacramento state house in '66. Made for good pictures but no actual violence that time. Left wingers stormed university campuses and occupied all kinds of offices. It's typically a left-wing move. There was extensive rioting and political violence by the left in the 60s and 70s. A lot was peaceful though.

A lot of what passed for BLM protests however was just property destruction and belligerence toward police.

Peaceful mass protest and coordination for legislative, policy, and workers-rights goals is generally more sympathetic and successful. Black panthers and weather underground was bullshit, as is this Trump proud boy stuff.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Disagree on the Black Panthers

They needed to be armed

• Options

Black Panthers brought guns to Sacramento state house in '66. Made for good pictures but no actual violence that time. Left wingers stormed university campuses and occupied all kinds of offices. It's typically a left-wing move. There was extensive rioting and political violence by the left in the 60s and 70s. A lot was peaceful though.

A lot of what passed for BLM protests however was just property destruction and belligerence toward police.

Peaceful mass protest and coordination for legislative, policy, and workers-rights goals is generally more sympathetic and successful. Black panthers and weather underground was bullshit, as is this Trump proud boy stuff.

Whitewashing history is fun.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Whitewashing history is fun.
    Yeah, you white Democrats did everything you could to demonize MLK Jr., including allowing the FBI have him under surveillance. Can’t be too uppity, Martin.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/j-edgar-hoovers-revenge-information-the-fbi-once-hoped-could-destroy-rev-martin-luther-king-jr-has-been-declassified-118026

J. Edgar Hoover’s revenge: Information the FBI once hoped could destroy Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. has been declassified