Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I thought flag burning was protected speech

2»

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,272
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Burning someone else’s private property isn’t a conservative value.

Antifa and BLM spent the entire summer burning people's private property and you didn't say shit.
    They aren’t conservatives. Nor are they organizations you gals cheer for, like the Proud Boys are.

You gals aren’t conservatives.
    No. I'm not. I'm a real centrist. But I can see how corrupt and retarded the Dimocrats have become. You can't.
    If you feel the threat of Democrat corruption somehow eclipses the actual corruption of the GOP in just the past four years, there's really no hope for you.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

HHusky said:

Is flag burning protected speech?

Conservative values? What the fuck are you babbling about?
    @HHusky thinks in binary terms. I’m “conservative” toward pro-American fiscal policy. I also think that political correctness is so weak people can feel better about themselves, so that might be a conservative position, too. Social issues and religion I’m on the Left, except for tax money going to mentally ill people who want to change their sex, or their children’s sex.
    Wanting weed to be legal doesn’t make you “on the left”.

Constantly seeing right wingers try and pull this lie is always a nice little reminder that the left is still the cool kids table. “I’m on the left!” “Classical liberal!” But nobody ever pretends to be on the right.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2021

HHusky said:

@HHusky thinks in binary terms. I’m “conservative” toward pro-American fiscal policy. I also think that political correctness is so weak people can feel better about themselves, so that might be a conservative position, too. Social issues and religion I’m on the Left, except for tax money going to mentally ill people who want to change their sex, or their children’s sex.

Constantly seeing right wingers try and pull this lie is always a nice little reminder that the left is still the cool kids table. “I’m on the left!” “Classical liberal!” But nobody ever pretends to be on the right.
    I just mentioned how I have views that align sometimes with the Left and sometimes with the Right. You’re a binary-thinking tribalist, so my post hurts your tiny brain to try and understand. I never mentioned weed in my post, so where the fuck did this off-topic rant come from?
  • Options

HHusky said:

I just mentioned how I have views that align sometimes with the Left and sometimes with the Right. You’re a binary-thinking tribalist, so my post hurts your tiny brain to try and understand. I never mentioned weed in my post, so where the fuck did this off-topic rant come from?
    Most people have views that hit both sides. I’m pro gun but I don’t run around pretending I’m not on the left because of it.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Most people have views that hit both sides. I’m pro gun but I don’t run around pretending I’m not on the left because of it.
    No you are not pro gun. There is no way. It would be totally inconsistent with your fascist world view. I'm sure "common sense" gun control makes you pro gun in you little mind.
    You sound like a binary-thinking tribalist.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meanwhile

Isn't flag burning protected speech?
  • Options

Meanwhile

Isn't flag burning protected speech?

Was he actually arrested for burning the flag or was he arrested for stealing it and Wapo framed it that way?
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

HHusky said:

No you are not pro gun. There is no way. It would be totally inconsistent with your fascist world view. I'm sure "common sense" gun control makes you pro gun in you little mind.
    You sound like a binary-thinking tribalist.
    Nope, that is you, and it fits.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

What are you talking about? Dazzler has been falsely claiming to be a Conservative for 20 years. Mitt claimed to be on the right.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Antifa and BLM spent the entire summer burning people's private property and you didn't say shit.
    That's why they have insurance

You come from a place of privilege

Anger makes people do crazy things

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,992
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    TheKobeStopper said:

=========
    William F Buckley supported legalizing weed. Pretty sure that the KobeSlobber has no idea who he is. But I heard he was a conservative of some note. Almost dazzler quality conservative and that is a pretty high bar.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

That's why they have insurance

You come from a place of privilege

Anger makes people do crazy things

Riots are the voice of the unheard. Even in 2020, when literally everyone has a platform and cannot be "unheard."

It's almost as if people plagiarize MLK without any forethought or context.