Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Black Lives Matter

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
NYC has seen a 41% rise in homicides since 2019. Thanks to white privilege only 4% of all the people murdered in New York are white despite the fact that 41% of the city is white.

There has been a serious spike in murder and violence in every American city since George Floyd's death. The overwhelming number of victims of these murders have been black as are the perps.

Is the Klan behind the defund the police movement?

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    What happened with this movement by the way? Haven't heard much about it after the election. I'm not saying there isn't an issue that needs addressing in the US, don't twist. Just wondering why it dropped off the radar.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

What happened with this movement by the way? Haven't heard much about it after the election. I'm not saying there isn't an issue that needs addressing in the US, don't twist. Just wondering why it dropped off the radar.

Election is over.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    If I was highly involved with that movement, I'd feel a little bit used by politicians and the media.

I mean - you remember what it was like a few months ago. It was crazy. Major corporations coming out. Defund the police movement, Mostly Peaceful protests nationwide. Looting. It was a big deal.

It's all gone. Only Antifa appears to be left and they are only there because they took advantage of the cover.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,064
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Election is over.
    Yep, blacks get riled up for a few months every 4 years.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,064
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If I was highly involved with that movement, I'd feel a little bit used by politicians and the media.

I mean - you remember what it was like a few months ago. It was crazy. Major corporations coming out. Defund the police movement, Mostly Peaceful protests nationwide. Looting. It was a big deal.

It's all gone. Only Antifa appears to be left and they are only there because they took advantage of the cover.

$10b in donations will shut up most revolutions.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Same thing happened to BLM and #metoo.

Dem’s whip up division using identity politics and once they get what they want, the movements are discarded.

Do you honestly think we are going to see marches by any of these groups in the next 4 years?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    CaptainPJ said:

Same thing happened to BLM and #metoo.

Dem’s whip up division using identity politics and once they get what they want, the movements are discarded.

Do you honestly think we are going to see marches by any of these groups in the next 4 years?
    Probably.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

If you are highly involved in blm you aren't the type to be disheartened when you get used. You find a new way to blame the man and get victim points.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2021
    The antifa and blm folks have no center and no intellectual bearings. They just love to smash sh*t and engage in moral preening. Just wait until the weather warms up and our non-Winter Warriors come out of the basement to play.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

It'll suddenly rise again in 2024
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,622
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/25/us/atlanta-homicide-increase-2020/index.html

"We are currently at 131 homicides for the year as compared to 90 homicides this time last year," Grant told CNN (This statement is from November)

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/7-year-old-dies-after-buckhead-shooting/85-e767a372-edd9-4be9-b80c-d5a82daeb6a5

Didn't see a single march for this girl. No gold caskets, no names on NFL lids, No slogans to "Say her name"

BLM is a farce.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

"We are currently at 131 homicides for the year as compared to 90 homicides this time last year," Grant told CNN (This statement is from November)

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/7-year-old-dies-after-buckhead-shooting/85-e767a372-edd9-4be9-b80c-d5a82daeb6a5

Didn't see a single march for this girl. No gold caskets, no names on NFL lids, No slogans to "Say her name"

BLM is a farce.

Black Lives Matter, but only when they are killed by white people. It's just like slavery. Slavery is bad, but only when white people are enslaving black people.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021

BLM is a farce.

That single point is why BLM is mocked and will never represent anything that makes sense or unites past lip service. As we all know, the left purposefully divides this country every election cycle. The BLM is just the latest bullshit. They never were interested in facts, figures or the black on black crime or 73% of black children being born without a father in the house. Those are the real problems in the black community and not one rat bothered to even utter or acknowledge them. The liberal elites used and abused the black community again. At some point they have got to get tired of that shit.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    edited January 2021

If you are highly involved in blm you aren't the type to be disheartened when you get used. You find a new way to blame the man and get victim points.
    The leadership is opportunistic as hell. I'll give them that. Exploiting tragedies for money and power instead of working on genuine reform and change is the Con-Man's most infamous trick.

But it's also morally wrong to let gullible suckers keep their money, so any of you with your donations and yard signs deserve the disappointment, scandals and abandonment you'll experience in a few years, once BLM's money runs out and the founders go to jail for embezzlement.