Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tyler Shough has entered the transfer portal.

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Nobody in their right mind would say 1991 Miami would destroy 1991 wash. But I do think UW folks tend to downplay how tough that Miami team would have been.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Nobody in their right mind would say 1991 Miami would destroy 1991 wash. But I do think UW folks tend to downplay how tough that Miami team would have been.

Totally fair. In reality UW would have been a 2 or 3 point favorite in that hypothetical matchup, hardly a foregone conclusion either way.

Butt ducks and coogs like to act like UW would have had no shot which is hilarious.
    edited January 2021
    dnc said:

Totally fair. In reality UW would have been a 2 or 3 point favorite in that hypothetical matchup, hardly a foregone conclusion either way.

Butt ducks and coogs like to act like UW would have had no shot which is hilarious.
    I have to think that’s mostly limited to people who weren’t around or were too young, and thus don’t know wtf they are talking about.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

HFNY said:

The old saying goes, "if you have two QBs, you have none".

As the old saying is paraphrased, “if you have two or more National Champions in a year, you have none.”

Agree. Winners win. Losers lose. Losers who would have been destroyed by 1991 Miami get to claim a title.
    Shit dig, shit poster.
    Nah, it’s spot on, and you’re the shit poster. Tell me again about “eugenics.”

Two (or more) champions means there isn’t a champion. The days of voting on participation ribbons are over.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    People forget that sports illustrated had a mock game with washington getting a chance at a game winning field goal at close range ...

At that time SI was the sports rag of choice ...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam

Two (or more) champions means there isn’t a champion. The days of voting on participation ribbons are over.
    Interesting

Fake 12 Champs

Interesting

Fake 12 Champs
    I agree. See, that’s easy.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Whenever the whole family gets together it’s all we talk about.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    animate said:

People forget that sports illustrated had a mock game with washington getting a chance at a game winning field goal at close range ...

Wow! Can’t believe I’ve never heard about this.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Better hope Brown doesn't transfer in protest of his idiot coaches keeping him on the bench behind that schmough all year.

dnc said:

Better hope Brown doesn't transfer in protest of his idiot coaches keeping him on the bench behind that schmough all year.

Brown should have started. I’m glad to see this tweet after the game. 😁

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Brown should have started. I’m glad to see this tweet after the game. 😁

Shut up cheerleader.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:
    4-3 cheerleader. Stomped by beavlet.

animate said:

not sure if serious ... but i'll bite.

basically, SI thought that UW was the better team and stopped just short of declaring a victor in a mythological game.

'Canes fans were not happy of course.
    haie said:

DJDuck said:
    4-3 cheerleader. Stomped by beavlet.
    Back-to-back Pac12 champs. Even Keith Taylor agrees, and he plays for the Doogs.
    animate said:

animate said:

basically, SI thought that UW was the better team and stopped just short of declaring a victor in a mythological game.

The SI title is just a legitimate as the polls.

Meaning it’s a split title and the Hurricanes would have whooped the Dawgs. I said so, so it’s true.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    animate said:

animate said:

whooshed but you seem to be cognizant of the possibility
    dnc said:

animate said:

animate said:

whooshed but you seem to be cognizant of the possibility
    I just mentioned it because I actually remember reading SI back then and thinking "holy shit ... even Sports Illustrated thought UW would win a matchup with convict U ... " - damn shame it never happened.

dnc said:

Whenever the whole family gets together it’s all we talk about.
    That's actually well played. Especially for you Magic Mike.