Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark addresses alcoholism in first Texas press conference

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wow. Really, really wow
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2021
    Saban must be excited Sark is making kick ass alcoholism press conferences instead of preparing for the NC. Free pub?
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

Dal Whinnie • 11 hours ago
    Scott McCloughan, former Redskins GM. What's he doing now? Josh Hamilton? Somehow alcoholics are treated differently than heroin, cocaine, or oxycodone addicts. And why? Because alcohol is legally sold, and ingested by everyone? Drinking is an accepted and heavily promoted and advertised social convention. When you think about it, it's beyond ridiculous. Chicks dig it. It's cool. We encourage it. Somehow the other drugs are looked upon as being worse. News flash: They're not. There is no difference. One addiction is not more respectable than another. Would Texas have hired a heroin addict or cokehead? Of course not. Hiring Sarkisian is a mistake. It will blow up in their faces.

The touchy feeleys will cry "everyone deserves a second chance". Sark had his second and third chances already. He is an addict. If he was to ever be a head coach, it should have been at a lower rung on the ladder, not a top five job in the spotlight, with all the pressure that comes with it. That's what got him at USC and Washington. Once again. Mistake. Texas is not doing this guy any favors. People always want a feel good story. The problem is that it seldom turns out that way. Perhaps Sarkisian is better suited in a staff position with less pressure and responsibility. But hey. It's Texas. Making bad decisions is what they do.

At first glance, I thought this is what sark said in his press conference.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,587
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nobody was mad at sark because he was drunk

You have to be drunk to go 9-4 in 2013 but still.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I’d rather have a coke head coach than an alcoholic.

And I’d rather have a tweaker than a coke head, but only for coaching and other things where you can tolerate some manic behavior for attention to detail. All other professions the coke head is more tolerable.

But if you can control yourself and be functional I don’t care what you do. My gramps would shoot up some morphine then go do a few hours of surgery well into his 70s, and the only time he fucked up is when he died shooting up in his office and missed a heart surgery.

Alcohol is the easiest one to spot and makes you the sloppiest. Was Sark a full blown alco or did he just party too hearty too often? There’s a big difference, but if you’re caught you have to plead the full blown alcoholic instead of Armenian party animal because then you’re sick instead of just an irresponsible dick.
  • Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was on fentanyl FWIW
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I’d rather have a coke head coach than an alcoholic.

And I’d rather have a tweaker than a coke head, but only for coaching and other things where you can tolerate some manic behavior for attention to detail. All other professions the coke head is more tolerable.

But if you can control yourself and be functional I don’t care what you do. My gramps would shoot up some morphine then go do a few hours of surgery well into his 70s, and the only time he fucked up is when he died shooting up in his office and missed a heart surgery.

Alcohol is the easiest one to spot and makes you the sloppiest. Was Sark a full blown alco or did he just party too hearty too often? There’s a big difference, but if you’re caught you have to plead the full blown alcoholic instead of Armenian party animal because then you’re sick instead of just an irresponsible dick.

Adam Gase seemed pretty yakked out in his opening Jets press conference and he STINKS