Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Hameir Wright the worst Husky basketball player of all time?

Mr. Basketball in the state of New York

Top-100 recruit in the country according to 247 Sports.

Obviously there are probably players who contributed less, or not at all... but for the accolades... can there really be anyone worse?

Averaging around 20 minutes a game for his career... he's averaged just 3.7 points and 3.2 rebounds a game... is just a career 32.5% shooter from the field and a 28.5% shooter from 3.

Hikeem Stewart is another name that comes to mind... his brothers were the superstar twins that played at Kansas and he was horrible... think he threw up more air balls than shots that caught rim.

Donaven Dorsey and Darin Johnson are also names that could fit this category... both 4-star recruits who were HORRIBLE.

But in my mind, Hameir is the worst.

Comments

• Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

There are a lot of contenders for this award. Wright isn’t the worst. He’s really bad tho.

I’m ashamed to admit I thought he would be good after hitting a clutch 3 against Kansas his freshman year.

I don’t think this is a bad take. This was before we knew Hop couldn’t coach offense or develop players.

Wright has talent. I’d like to see what his career would have looked like with competent coaching.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are a lot of contenders for this award. Wright isn’t the worst. He’s really bad tho.

I’m ashamed to admit I thought he would be good after hitting a clutch 3 against Kansas his freshman year.

I don’t think this is a bad take. This was before we knew Hop couldn’t coach offense or develop players.

Wright has talent. I’d like to see what his career would have looked like with competent coaching.
    I don’t understand how Wright and others get worse shooting the ball as their career goes on. Nobody besides Dom Green (a contender for worst single season) got any better at shooting under Hop.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I don’t understand how Wright and others get worse shooting the ball as their career goes on. Nobody besides Dom Green (a contender for worst single season) got any better at shooting under Hop.
    Yep. Matisse got progressively worse. Complete shame.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Issue with Hameir is his stroke is fkn dogshit... good luck teaching a 6'9 forward w. shit mechanics how to shoot.

Issue with Hameir is his stroke is fkn dogshit... good luck teaching a 6'9 forward w. shit mechanics how to shoot.

Four years is a long ass time.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,287
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Crisp was much better as a Senior, but yeah

Crisp was much better as a Senior, but yeah
    Only much better than the major step back he took during his first year under Hop. He was basically the same shooter as a senior as he was as as sophomore, and given he took fewer attempts per game you could argue he was worse.
  • ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Player development, on court performance and recruiting if that’s the evaluation is there a worse performer in the country? Fire him right now the sample size is large enough to make that decision.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    edited January 2021

A good coach fixes his mechanics, HTH.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

A good coach fixes his mechanics, HTH.
    There are also college players with shitty mechanics that still shoot pretty well.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It’s not just Hameir. Nobody has gotten better at shooting under Hop. It’s strange.
    The one that gets me is Rae Battle... he's not just missing... he's wiffing. Dude looked like Ray Allen in HS.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    Dorsey out of Timberline. He had a few nice games to start his career off then it was downhill from there.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ben coffee was worse.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Battle is terrible