Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The B1G10 Cares About Football

...and they care about their marquee programs.

This is the result.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i know ohio state cares about football, i think the rest of the b1g teams care but it doesnt matter, osu is the proverbial 800 lb gorilla.

i think kevin warren cares (or at this point, 'cared,' cause it sure as shit aint happening now) about becoming the next nfl commish rather than playing football and was told 'we're playing or you're fucking fired,' he came around nicely.

i know trooj needs to be relevant for the p12 to 'matter' to the rest of the country.

i dont know if trooj, at least right now, cares about football, their school and athletic department is a total shitshow atm.

maybe they figure it out someday but who the fuck knows what cfb looks like when/if they finally do.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    tOSU and their fans are a bunch of fuckwads. But they fucking win
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ohio State & Nebraska I know, maybe others too, dissented from the beginning with the conference decision. I give them credit for that.

Yep, tOSU owes Nebraska a debt of gratitude, they were more outspoken than anyone.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,368
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Nebraska and tOSU care.

Michigan wants to care the right way.
    Penn State the school does too, but many of their fans are closer to tOSU caring.
    Wisconsin might care sometimes. The rest do not.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,385
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In review the B1G original approach that the Pac 12 copied was to watch kids die down south and be in perfect position as the science leagues that did it the right way.

If your plan requires others to fail get a new plan. Starting early was actually the smart play. Let's hope we? learned something for 21
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,278
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

In review the B1G original approach that the Pac 12 copied was to watch kids die down south and be in perfect position as the science leagues that did it the right way.

If your plan requires others to fail get a new plan. Starting early was actually the smart play. Let's hope we? learned something for 21

The lesson here is stick to the schedule unless cordwood piles up. The UW OL was gonna get vid from their girlfriends whether they played football or not.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,278
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Nebraska and tOSU care.

Michigan wants to care the right way.
    Penn State the school does too, but many of their fans are closer to tOSU caring.
    Wisconsin might care sometimes. The rest do not.

It’s sad to see how much Nebraska cares and how little it matters anymore for their trajectory as a program.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    There are those that care, those that give the impression that they care, and then there is the try-hard excuse makers. What are you willing to give up to get what you want? The guys that win DGAF about anything, or any one, that doesn't help them win, period. They do what is necessary (coffee cups, shitting on kids, negative recruiting, over-recruiting), to feed the beast. If you win, all is excused, because winning is all that matters. They are successful because they are ruthless, and work for people that are ruthless.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

It’s sad to see how much Nebraska cares and how little it matters anymore for their trajectory as a program.

starts at the top