Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Jimmy Johnson Bowl thread

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,248
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Texas is on the clock for being BACK tonight

@RuffaloSoldier
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    Founders Club

Is there a ribs and rails special?

deserves more chincredibles
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2020
    Depending on severity, this could be a make or break game for Manny.

I have to think another blowout would assuredly heat up his seat. If not, the program is dead and beyond recovery measures.

It's a goofy name for a bowl - they almost all are now - but I think it's a relatively important game for Miami. Okie State is a decent opponent and winning, especially convincingly (which I doubt will happen), would be a statement in the other direction for Manny and lend some credence to the "UNC was an anomaly" narrative and shift focus back to "we were overall more competitive this year." Which, one limited sense, they were. This year, with one glaring exception, they battled back in games in which they were behind and they won close games and games they should win. Neither of those things were true the last few years.

If I were him, I'd be coaching for my job tonight.
  • Options
    Lolz. I didn't even know the game was on. Turned it on to find out that Phillips and Roche are out (thanks guys!) and King has a knee.

JFC.

As an aside, these early declarations are going to ruin the bowls eventually. Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe it will eliminate the lower tier bowls and help us go back to the days when going to a bowl means something.
  • Options
    And to add in salt to injury (someone said that on a call today) that buck tooth hillbilly POS is our? QB, and the flags are flying ... adds up to a loss. If it turns out lopsided, you'll know it's coaching as sure as shit.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,248
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lolz. I didn't even know the game was on. Turned it on to find out that Phillips and Roche are out (thanks guys!) and King has a knee.

JFC.

As an aside, these early declarations are going to ruin the bowls eventually. Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe it will eliminate the lower tier bowls and help us go back to the days when going to a bowl means something.

Like the Rose Bowl?

Fucking Rapp
  • Options
    So uninspired. Absolute shit wide receivers. Pope is a 5* bust. Can't catch a fucking cold. Don Chaney, albeit a freshman, is a 5* that I haven't seen do diddly shit and goes down on first contact like Ahmed. Can't string a game together with offense and defense. And, lastly, I guess they were behind 21-0 at one point, which means they weren't ready to play.

So, fire the coach. It would have been better if they'd been blown out. Manny not the answer. And Lashley's trickeration offense isn't reliable and sure as shit doesn't work against elite teams. And the defense has regressed.

At some point, you just gotta be good and they aren't. IDGAFF about D'Eriq King. He's fine but whatever.

Burn it down.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When does Miami get a Pac-12 invite?

#EastCoastUCLA
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Is there a ribs and rails special?

LOL
  • Options

JFC.

Like the Rose Bowl?

Fucking Rapp
    How about the Oklahoma St. receiver, their leading guy, who said "no mas" at half-tim and stayed around trying to be a cheerleader. That's worse than Rapp, worse than what's his face from Oregon, whereas those guys opted out before the game. This dumb fuck did it during the fucking game and stayed around.

College football is a zoo outside of 3 or 4 programs. Can you imagine an Ababama starter telling Saban during a game that he's had enough and doesn't want to get hurt for the draft? And then letting the fucker stay on the sidelines?

This sport is going to have to do something to save itself. It's going to get mighty boring here pretty soon if it's Alabama each and every year and there is nobody to threaten from another part of the country. You have Buck in the Big 10 and a bunch of losers, you have Clemson in the ACC and a bunch of losers, you have the P12 and lolz, and the SEC, which is Bama and one or two of LSU/Florida/Georgia and then bunch of other programs that will never get over the hump.

All of those lesser programs - 98% of the game - are going to be dealing with players telling the program what to do and not the other way around. It's not going to be good for the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

JFC.

Just one? What happened to the other knee?
    I can't confer upon you the usual USC-level of respect for that post.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

JFC.

Like the Rose Bowl?

Fucking Rapp
    How about the Oklahoma St. receiver, their leading guy, who said "no mas" at half-tim and stayed around trying to be a cheerleader. That's worse than Rapp, worse than what's his face from Oregon, whereas those guys opted out before the game. This dumb fuck did it during the fucking game and stayed around.

College football is a zoo outside of 3 or 4 programs. Can you imagine an Ababama starter telling Saban during a game that he's had enough and doesn't want to get hurt for the draft? And then letting the fucker stay on the sidelines?

This sport is going to have to do something to save itself. It's going to get mighty boring here pretty soon if it's Alabama each and every year and there is nobody to threaten from another part of the country. You have Buck in the Big 10 and a bunch of losers, you have Clemson in the ACC and a bunch of losers, you have the P12 and lolz, and the SEC, which is Bama and one or two of LSU/Florida/Georgia and then bunch of other programs that will never get over the hump.

All of those lesser programs - 98% of the game - are going to be dealing with players telling the program what to do and not the other way around. It's not going to be good for the game.
    I still think that Texas and USC could rise up if they ever got their coaching act together.