Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Roster Numbers - Dec 2020

124»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

With Kirkland and Otton coming back, Lake lucked into the roster not looking as thin going into the 2021 season as I thought it'd be. Garbers is gone but I will assume they will find a scholarship transfer to take his spot. I'm keeping the 2020 opt outs (Taj Davis, Kizer, and Gilchrist) on the roster until they officially sell their sofas but I'd be surprised if any of them returned. As of now, the roster stands at 87 not including the seniors who opted in for their bonus year (McGrew and Watty so far). I still believe if we don't add anyone during the Feb signing period we're probably going to have at least 5-6 scholarships available entering camp to hand out to the try hards.

How the fuck did we end up with 9 scholarship safeties on the roster, 6+ of them were highly recruited and then have such shit play and are starting Asa?

How the fuck do WE? not market DBU better and only have 2 blue chip CBs on the roster and could have zero a year from now?

The secondary could be next level dreck bad if recruiting or some miracle development doesn't occur.
    Will Harris is worthless.

HTH
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    @Houhusky said:

"How the fuck did we end up with 9 scholarship safeties on the roster, 6+ of them were highly recruited and then have such shit play and are starting Asa? How the fuck do WE? not market DBU better and only have 2 blue chip CBs on the roster and could will have zero a year from now?

The secondary could will be next level dreck bad because we already have the hole in the roster and will only get worse if recruiting or some miracle development doesn't occur. "

Totally agree ~ Let me fix this for you.

• Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

With Kirkland and Otton coming back, Lake lucked into the roster not looking as thin going into the 2021 season as I thought it'd be. Garbers is gone but I will assume they will find a scholarship transfer to take his spot. I'm keeping the 2020 opt outs (Taj Davis, Kizer, and Gilchrist) on the roster until they officially sell their sofas but I'd be surprised if any of them returned. As of now, the roster stands at 87 not including the seniors who opted in for their bonus year (McGrew and Watty so far). I still believe if we don't add anyone during the Feb signing period we're probably going to have at least 5-6 scholarships available entering camp to hand out to the try hards.

How the fuck did we end up with 9 scholarship safeties on the roster, 6+ of them were highly recruited and then have such shit play and are starting Asa?

How the fuck do WE? not market DBU better and only have 2 blue chip CBs on the roster and could have zero a year from now?

The secondary could be next level dreck bad if recruiting or some miracle development doesn't occur.
    Not all are strictly safeties, Kam Fab, Covington and Irvin could all play nickel corner. But yeah, its not great.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

What is the purple and what is the *?

Purple for blue chips (4 & 5*) and asterisk for redshirt year
    Why so little purple in the far right column?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I don't know, it's a transition year recruiting class. The 2020 class was basically Petersen's and it's the 2022 class that will be huge indicator due to the length of time recruiting HS players with him as the head guy.

Now if 2022 class isn't good then I'll take the next step:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/30/staten-island-man-cuts-off-penis-throws-it-in-toilet/
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

I don't know, it's a transition year recruiting class. The 2020 class was basically Petersen's and it's the 2022 class that will be huge indicator due to the length of time recruiting HS players with him as the head guy.

Now if 2022 class isn't good then I'll take the next step:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/30/staten-island-man-cuts-off-penis-throws-it-in-toilet/

Ts and Ps IA
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I am guessing that we are over 85 for roster spots and we may need to have a few couch sales. We are full! @insinceredawg thanks for doing the grid it really helps.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am guessing that we are over 85 for roster spots and we may need to have a few couch sales. We are full! @insinceredawg thanks for doing the grid it really helps.

Didn’t you hear that half of the wr room is selling couches.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

My guess is Spiker and Osborne are going to give it one more shot in the spring. The transfer portal has turned into a black hole for most kids now that there's over 1000 kids in it. Most of them will probably never play for a FBS program again at all, let alone a P5 program.
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    edited February 2021
    If that is the case on that grid, Jones is gone, Yary too and have to add Polk, Martin and Obrian
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

My guess is Spiker and Osborne are going to give it one more shot in the spring. The transfer portal has turned into a black hole for most kids now that there's over 1000 kids in it. Most of them will probably never play for a FBS program again at all, let alone a P5 program.
    Someone tweeted a week or so ago that only like 28% of the kids found new schools so if you enter the portal, there is a really good chance you won't find a new home.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Someone tweeted a week or so ago that only like 28% of the kids found new schools so if you enter the portal, there is a really good chance you won't find a new home.
    Gonna break out that stat the next time a girl tries to dump me