Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

1984 - Doug Flutie's Miracle pass

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    You only did this because I disparaged your podcast.

Stalin throwin' shade.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My soon to be son and I were hanging in the old Seattle apartment getting ready to go down to Grandma's for Christmas when we get stuck waiting for this thing to end. I was all CANES and the boy wanted BC because Flutie. I hate that play but I fucking love the Brent Musberger call

Gerald Phelan is on the bottom of that pile!
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,249
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I watched it at my parents' house, hung over as fuck, home on Christmas break, with my dad constantly giving me crap, "Hey, can I get you a beer?"...good tims...
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,978
    Founders Club

Stalin throwin' shade.
    actually no. it came up on my YouTube suggestions
  • Options
    Founders Club

Stalin throwin' shade.
    Was it before or after Korean Yoga on the suggestions list?

Huh?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I watched it back in the Deen. It was a cold af day in the PNW, at least by our standards. I remember pretty much everything about that fucking day.

That was the game where Bernie can be heard on the sideline saying "let's run it down their fucking throats" to Jimmy while they were talking over a goal line play. That lanky goofy bastard was a competitive sum bitch. Imagine being a freshman going up against that '83 Nebraska juggernaut and saying, "fuck you. this is what a tight end looks like in the passing game you corn hole motherfuckers".

That whole year, everybody was calling for JImmy's head becasue the defense gave up up monumental leads. Same year was the 31-0 half-tim lead blow to Maryland and Boomer Esiason, and the Fiesta Bowl shoot out with UCLA. It was hard to see that the very thing he seemed to have fucked up so badly (the defense) would be his defning legacy at Miami.
  • Options

Stalin throwin' shade.

• Options
    Founders Club

I watched it back in the Deen. It was a cold af day in the PNW, at least by our standards. I remember pretty much everything about that fucking day.

That was the game where Bernie can be heard on the sideline saying "let's run it down their fucking throats" to Jimmy while they were talking over a goal line play. That lanky goofy bastard was a competitive sum bitch. Imagine being a freshman going up against that '83 Nebraska juggernaut and saying, "fuck you. this is what a tight end looks like in the passing game you corn hole motherfuckers".

That whole year, everybody was calling for JImmy's head becasue the defense gave up up monumental leads. Same year was the 31-0 half-tim lead blow to Maryland and Boomer Esiason, and the Fiesta Bowl shoot out with UCLA. It was hard to see that the very thing he seemed to have fucked up so badly (the defense) would be his defning legacy at Miami.

I was 13 years old watching with my dad and grandpa in Longview in the living room of the old house on Ocean Beach Highway. One of those "I remember where I was when X happened" moments.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Deafening*

huh?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Deafening*

huh?
    always love me some typo trash talk
  • Options

dnc said:

Deafening*

huh?
    always love me some typo trash talk
    I wonder what @MikeSeaver thinks about bullying typo comments?

#cuethemalarkey
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Imagine a young boy in Seattle's Magnolia neighborhood switching to this game right before the fateful play.

That boy was me.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    There used to be a classics game mode in NCAA football. This one was the hardest to beat. Remember @IrishDawg22?
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The game was on November 24th, 1984 so Race and Fishpo must have their Holidays mixed up
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam

The game was on November 24th, 1984 so Race and Fishpo must have their Holidays mixed up

Yep

We did Thanksgiving with granny too