Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dawgs play a hell of a game in a loss against Oregon 74-71

Easily their best game of the season. Trailing by as many as 15 in the second half, the Dawgs brought it down all the way to 1 point with 50 seconds to go in the game. Refs miss a clear foul on a Nate Roberts drive attempt... and Oregon gets the ball on a turnover. Oregon makes 1 free throw and the Dawgs get the ball back with 13 seconds to go in the game. They get an open 3 for Quade, but he missed and it was over.

Quade played great: 26 pts - looked like the best player on the court all night.

RaeQuan Battle finally found his stroke. Finished with 19 points on 4 of 6 from 3.

Rebounding lost them the game. The Dawgs were the better team in the half court by far but just couldn't keep Oregon off the glass. Oregon had 18 offensive rebounds and smoked us on second chance points. A real shame.

The reffing was fucking horrific. Total con job in favor of Oregon all night. Oregon attempted 27 free throws to UW's 10... just a joke. So many missed calls and so many bunnies called on the Dawgs. Again, a real shame.

Dawgs look like they're not the worst team in the PAC. They're a competitive bunch and are learning how to play together.

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    So you’re saying it was a moral victory.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    SFGbob said:

Not a big fan of moral victories... but I think it's a sign that they're learning and understanding how to play together. It's a team that features a lot of new faces and a lack of identity that they're hopefully finding.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2020

SFGbob said:

Not a big fan of moral victories... but I think it's a sign that they're learning and understanding how to play together. It's a team that features a lot of new faces and a lack of identity that they're hopefully finding.
    Look back at Oregon’s history. Altman builds his team with transfers. Oregon for the first 2 months of the season are a joke. Then finally in mid January they start playing like a tourney team. If you aren’t beating Altman in December then you suck. There isn’t anything good to be taken from this.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

SFGbob said:

Look back at Oregon’s history. Altman builds his team with transfers. Oregon for the first 2 months of the season are a joke. Then finally in mid January they start playing like a tourney team. If you aren’t beating Altman in December then you suck. There isn’t anything good to be taken from this.
    Did I say they were good? Or did you miss the part where I said they might not be the worst team in the PAC? That's hardly a ringing endorsement of this squad.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020

Easily their best game of the season. Trailing by as many as 15 in the second half, the Dawgs brought it down all the way to 1 point with 50 seconds to go in the game. Refs miss a clear foul on a Nate Roberts drive attempt... and Oregon gets the ball on a turnover. Oregon makes 1 free throw and the Dawgs get the ball back with 13 seconds to go in the game. They get an open 3 for Quade, but he missed and it was over.

Quade played great: 26 pts - looked like the best player on the court all night.

RaeQuan Battle finally found his stroke. Finished with 19 points on 4 of 6 from 3.

Rebounding lost them the game. The Dawgs were the better team in the half court by far but just couldn't keep Oregon off the glass. Oregon had 18 offensive rebounds and smoked us on second chance points. A real shame.

The reffing was fucking horrific. Total con job in favor of Oregon all night. Oregon attempted 27 free throws to UW's 10... just a joke. So many missed calls and so many bunnies called on the Dawgs. Again, a real shame.

Dawgs look like they're not the worst team in the PAC. They're a competitive bunch and are learning how to play together.

Fouls were 20/16. And the difference was UW fouling down the stretch because they were behind.

If you want to shoot more fts, stop taking so many soft jumpers. It’s college Bball— put your body into someone and throw your head back and say “ayyyyy” when you go up and you get a whistle 90% of the time.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Fouls were 20/16. And the difference was UW fouling down the stretch because they were behind.

If you want to shoot more fts, stop taking so many soft jumpers. It’s college Bball— put your body into someone and throw your head back and say “ayyyyy” when you go up and you get a whistle 90% of the time.
    I don't care so much for foul disparity at a stat...

When UW's bigs are on the bench at the 10-minute mark because of ticky tack over the back calls... yet UW loses the rebounding battle by a wide margin and Oregon's bigs don't sniff foul trouble there's an issue.

There was a clear foul that should have been called when Nate Roberts went to the hoop down 1 in the final 30 seconds... got nailed on the hand... instead it's called a turnover.

Then the foul on RaeQuan Battle when they had the Oregon player trapped at the end was f'n ridiculous... 2 bad ref calls help hand Oregon the win late.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

When UW's bigs are on the bench at the 10-minute mark because of ticky tack over the back calls... yet UW loses the rebounding battle by a wide margin and Oregon's bigs don't sniff foul trouble there's an issue.

There was a clear foul that should have been called when Nate Roberts went to the hoop down 1 in the final 30 seconds... got nailed on the hand... instead it's called a turnover.

Then the foul on RaeQuan Battle when they had the Oregon player trapped at the end was f'n ridiculous... 2 bad ref calls help hand Oregon the win late.
    You’ve never actually played basketball is all I’m taking away from this
  • Options
    edited December 2020

ntxduck said:

You got killed on the boards for the same reason UW did in every loss—UW is a soft zone team that can’t rebound for shit. Oregon’s best player is a big and fouled out with 3 minutes left.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I didn't watch the game, but the final score and reading this thread has taught me that Oregon's basketball team is also shockingly bad this year.

They are always bad until January. The exception was the final four year
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

You’ve never actually played basketball is all I’m taking away from this
    Why do you always say stupid shit like this?

What do you want me to do? Supply you with a picture of my traveling select team through high school?

It's so juvenile.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,811
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    We suck until we win games
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,975
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I would have never believed ducks and huskies would open a thread arguing about this abortion of a season and teams. Pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I didn't watch the game, but the final score and reading this thread has taught me that Oregon's basketball team is also shockingly bad this year.

They are always bad until January. The exception was the final four year
    Doubt it. Have you seen any of the box scores of our games (because nobody has actually tuned in to watch this shit show live)? We're easily the worst team in the conference with a CBI ceiling. Even making this a game spells serious trouble for the ducks, Altman trends or not.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We suck until we win games

If we don't beat Montana (nothing else matters) on Wednesday, I'll be all-in on an 0-19 Pac-12 season.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    I had to read this abortion of a thread twice to realize it was serious, but then I saw the OP.

Getting blown out at home by an average team with 9 healthy scholarship players and "almost coming back" = a playing a hell of a game? Fuck you Broadcasting Doog, you don't get it. You should LEAVE and DIAFF, the order is up to you.

This post is the abject antithesis of everything the half brains have ever stood for, and represents everything wrong with sportsballfan.

I miss the days when bitch ass fucking doogery like this would get you crucified.