Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Great Board Choice as Always

https://www.thedelite.com/the-greatest-nfl-running-backs-of-all-time/?lvl=opt2&stack=ssp&utm_source=taboola-adrizer&utm_campaign=319135&utm_term=msn-msn&utm_content=adrizer

Putting this on the CFB because it has a pulse, and the NFL board doesn't. At least I don't think; I don't ever go there.

Best RBs in NFL history. Some ommissions but a pretty good list:

2 Cowboys
2 Troojies
1 DWAG!
0 Ducks
0 Bucks
3 CANES!
2 Gators
1 Bear
1 Longhorn (but what a great one)
1 Mustang (but what a great one)
0 Bamers (not surprising)

The Cane who truly has been lost to history is OJ Anderson. Dude was a beast. You have to be old to care - @RaceBannon - NFL ROTY, great pro stats, etc. You just don't see really big dudes like that at the RB position anymore.

Anyway, for my money, the best I've ever seen do it is Dick. Guy was a natural freak of an athlete. Fast af, power, balance, vision ... all of it. A joy to watch. Had a poster of sweetness in my room as a boy, but Jackson State isn't sneaking into this convo.

They also make a good poont about Fred Taylor, and how it is he was only ever voted to 1 Pro Bowl and 0 All Pros. Whatever. If he'd have been a Cane I'd care.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    *pre-emptive THUD* and shameless Bump.
  • Options
    trolling for @RaceBannon 's attention.

@MikeSeaver might also have somethign to say about this.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The article has aids so I stopped two guys in

OJ was the Cardinal who ended up winning the Super Bowl for the 1990 Giants is he not? Buffalo could not stop him or contain him

I assume Hugh Mcelvanny whatever is the DAWG

Chuck Muncie the BEAR?
  • Options

The article has aids so I stopped two guys in

OJ was the Cardinal who ended up winning the Super Bowl for the 1990 Giants is he not? Buffalo could not stop him or contain him

I assume Hugh Mcelvanny whatever is the DAWG

Chuck Muncie the BEAR?

Yep, that's the OJ. Maybe he shouldn't have called himself OJ, since there really is only one.

Nope, I expected to see Muncie but it was Marshawn. And the DWAG was Dillon. I don't know Hugh's pro stats off the top of my head, but Dillon had a very good pro career. Another of a dying/dead breed of really big and strong dudes who gave more than they took.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can go with Dillon. He was top of the league in Cinncy then got a ring I think with the Pats

At one point he had the single game record.

Sounds like Cal should have had two. Can't argue lynch but Chuck Muncie was superman
  • Options

I can go with Dillon. He was top of the league in Cinncy then got a ring I think with the Pats

Sounds like Cal should have had two. Can't argue lynch but Chuck Muncie was superman

Agree with all that. Muncie was a great NFL back. Imagine what he could have done if he hadn't been high all the tim.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,917
    Founders Club

Agree with all that. Muncie was a great NFL back. Imagine what he could have done if he hadn't been high all the tim.
    That's the first and only thing I think of when I hear that name -- freebasing cocaine
  • Options

That's the first and only thing I think of when I hear that name -- freebasing cocaine
    Which is tragic because, as Race said, he’s one of the best to do it in P10 history. He was a beast in. College and NFL.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Which is tragic because, as Race said, he’s one of the best to do it in P10 history. He was a beast in. College and NFL.
    I was 5 years old when he played at Cal, so I don't remember. I vaguely remember seeing him play on Monday Night Football
  • Options

I was 5 years old when he played at Cal, so I don't remember. I vaguely remember seeing him play on Monday Night Football
    Thanks for rubbing it in.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Thanks for rubbing it in.
    I'm no spring chicken
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cept none of your Dawgs had a season like Reuben Mayes and Jerome Harrison. You can look it up if you like.

RBU biaaatches!!!
  • Options
    LeachNeedsMoreTimLeachNeedsMoreTim Member Posts: 190
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Kaepsknee said:

Cept none of your Dawgs had a season like Reuben Mayes and Jerome Harrison. You can look it up if you like.

RBU biaaatches!!!