Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Roster Numbers - Dec 2020

With the 15 signees and the Sirmon departure today the roster is exactly at the 85 scholarship limit not including the seniors who might return next year (Bowman, Wattenburg, Chin, McGrew, and Pleasant weren't mentioned in the senior day announcement). The last few years we typically oversigned by 4-5 kids because of expected attrition. If Cade and Kirkland go pro as expected and there's the usual 4-5 couch sales, we could potentially enter the season with half a dozen open spots. But we have no room for Cardwell or Schuster.

Comments

• BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We ain’t getting no 4 star or higher croots. This is a lame dawg class
  • picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What about Kizer and Gilchrist? I expect Taj Davis, Yary, Osborne and Trice will portal.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I didn't remove Taj Davis because he technically "opted out" of the season but I'd be shocked if he came back next year. So we are probably under the scholarship limit already.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

What about Kizer and Gilchrist? I expect Taj Davis, Yary, Osborne and Trice will portal.

Way to early for Trice. Spiker on the sidelines looked like he would be back.The others look like strong candidates.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    edited December 2020

Totally inexcusable roster mismanagement.

I've never seen a school already under the total limit on signing day.

I think Sonics mentioned that they threw in the towel for the '21 class and are "saving" those scholarships for the '22 class. If they botch recruiting again next year Jimmy is officially on the hot seat.

I can't wait to see which walk-ons get awarded a scholarship though.
    Yeah and that is a terrible strategy. You can't get the wasted year back. Not to mention:

1. What are they going to do differently in terms of process in order to expect different results next year?
    2. Even if they do make big changes in personnel and strategy- what are they going to do, take 30 kids after a class of 15? Nice balance.
    Next year's senior class is artificially small since everyone redshirted when the 4 game rule went into effect but at least half of next year's "sophomore" class won't make it to 2022 either due to transfers or declaring for the draft.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    The numbers shit was always bullshit
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Shame we didn't have room for Jaiden Woodbey, just couldn't fit him in

Do you know if he was able to transfer into UW (which is tuff to get into as a transfer)?

That's what I thought.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Romar math > Lake math
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Admittedly I'm not a teen boi stocker and don't follow recruiting as closely as most here, but aren't we still in the early signing period? Isn't the real signing day in Feb or Jan or some month after this one?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702

Admittedly I'm not a teen boi stocker and don't follow recruiting as closely as most here, but aren't we still in the early signing period? Isn't the real signing day in Feb or Jan or some month after this one?
    Yes but we are apparently done.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited December 2020

Early signing period is now the normal signing period

The normal signing period is now the late signing period that occurs before the transfer portal period

The transfer portal period is traditionally bi-annual, occurring both before the pre season period AND during the season period slightly before the bowl game period. But, as of late, can occur year round.

That should clear everything up

The only player we're going after who's signing in Feb is JTT and he's not coming here. This class is done besides the PWOs who only doogs care about.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    Westover got a scholarship. And you should include all the seniors on here cause they are all coming back until they don't.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Both Bama and Ohio State are crowing about having everyone signed

Well not JT but still
    Bread said:

Westover got a scholarship. And you should include all the seniors on here cause they are all coming back until they don't.

Good call on Westover.

The seniors won't matter because they technically won't count against the 85 scholarship limit next year.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The good news is that this class won't fuck us until 2023. So we have a few years to lube up before we REALLY suck