Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaho has a message for all the hatters

2»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,764
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I know we like to stack talent but it’s pretty crazy Ulo essentially replaces Kaho and has given us 5 star production. The TBSers would be creaming if Kaho played as well as Ulo has.

But the position coach sucks right?
    Lol yes, tremendously. We have one inside linebacker worth a shit over a two year period. Ulo is great, but it's still an absolute wasteland of a unit.

To say nothing of special teams.
    Batting 50% is better than some coaches
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I know we like to stack talent but it’s pretty crazy Ulo essentially replaces Kaho and has given us 5 star production. The TBSers would be creaming if Kaho played as well as Ulo has.

Lol yes, tremendously. We have one inside linebacker worth a shit over a two year period. Ulo is great, but it's still an absolute wasteland of a unit.

Still wondering how Sirmon has won the job over Tafisi, Calvert or Heimuli...
    I think the other 3 have battled injuries over the past year or so but Tafisi got a few snaps this year. I thought Tafisi looked markedly better than Sirmon before he went out for the year (2019) so maybe Sirmon has some compromising polaroids of his position coach?
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    I want to see Calvert. Idk if he’s 100%, but he was making plays in camp before his injury last year. I’ve seen enough of Sirmon to know he’s not the answer.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HFNY said:

Still wondering how Sirmon has won the job over Tafisi, Calvert or Heimuli...
    I think the other 3 have battled injuries over the past year or so but Tafisi got a few snaps this year. I thought Tafisi looked markedly better than Sirmon before he went out for the year (2019) so maybe Sirmon has some compromising polaroids of his position coach?
    Tafisi was horrible. He had one big hit last year. I would still like to see more of him instead of Sirmon, but he didn’t show anything.
    We don't really know what we have in Heimuli and Calvert yet, but Tuputala looks better than Sirmon in limited action. Tafisi is whatever.

The coaching is a bigger issue. Ulo admitted they weren't playing gap sound, but they still aren't a lot of the time.

Then you have the awful personell packages. Like putting Sirmon out in man coverage to get torched when they subbed the whole D-line to pass rush, but didn't put in an extra db.

Then again I think the LBs might also be trying to compensate for the god awful DTs. Malloe isn't playing his best guys either. Tuitele should be playing more than Tui, and Bronson should be a buck on running downs only, or not play at all.

And I'll keep saying this: You need to adjust scheme to personnel. Just because the two deep safeties has worked in the past doesn't mean it will now. We don't have Vea and Gaines.

We don't have McIntosh either, but I'm sure Dom Hampton or Alex Cook could play that role. It's not that demanding, you just have to take good angles and hit.

We do have players who have the range to cover the deep middle. Gordon, Irvin, Williams. What we can't do right now is stop the run.

If you want to play a certain way you have to recruit the players who can do it. If you don't have the players, you have to adapt. Stubborn, conservative coaches lose and get fired.

Bend but don't break doesn't work if you can't stop the run. It doesn't even work when the opponent is always in third and managable, even less when they constantly get first downs running the ball.