Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, Sylvester Stallone Watches to Hit Auction Block

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Not a fan of Richard Mille, but I'd take that Heuer Monaco of McQueens. Like the Stallone Panerai as well.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    Not up for auction, but this is pretty wow. If this went on the block I can't imaging it would fetch less than a million.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/carroll-shelbys-prize-patek-philippe-from-the-1959-24-hours-of-le-mans
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I go back and forth on the TAG Heuer Monaco. I bet if Steve McQueen never wore it I wouldn’t like it as much.

There is this Carrera that I always admire, but my watch consigliere says I’m better off saving my money for something more worthy of my wrist.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Not up for auction, but this is pretty wow. If this went on the block I can't imaging it would fetch less than a million.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/carroll-shelbys-prize-patek-philippe-from-the-1959-24-hours-of-le-mans

Baller watch. I rewatched “Ford vs. Ferrari” the other night. Badass movie, even the second tim.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I go back and forth on the TAG Heuer Monaco. I bet if Steve McQueen never wore it I wouldn’t like it as much.

There is this Carrera that I always admire, but my watch consigliere says I’m better off saving my money for something more worthy of my wrist.

Rolex, Cartier, Journe or bust!

In related news, Cartier is really starting to see some collectible hype. I think Cartier is really finding a crowd with men, finally, and will be a major player going forward. The older Paris CPCP editions have exploded! Friend of mine just paid 39K for a yellow gold tortue case monopusher from the early 2000's. You could get that watch for under 10K 3-4 years ago.

• Options
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

Baller watch. I rewatched “Ford vs. Ferrari” the other night. Badass movie, even the second tim.
    I watched this movie the other night through DDJs window with her, and it was, in fact, a great fucking movie.

Thanks for not calling the cops this tim DDJ.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Rolex, Cartier, Journe or bust!

In related news, Cartier is really starting to see some collectible hype. I think Cartier is really finding a crowd with men, finally, and will be a major player going forward. The older Paris CPCP editions have exploded! Friend of mine just paid 39K for a yellow gold tortue case monopusher from the early 2000's. You could get that watch for under 10K 3-4 years ago.

See? I knew I wasn’t the only Cartier enthusiast out there.

And how was watching the movie outside in the cold? I wised up and thought turning off closed captioning in an effort to discourage you.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,308
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Newman, McQueen, Stallone.

One of these things is not like the others...