Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

Bonedog said:
    No, she’s just trying to guilt trip him into staying home.
    Jesus.
    Canadawg said:

Also mentions how he thinks its great that people realize you don't need to go to Florida or Texas to find recruits when there's 3 top 10 recruits coming from Washington. Seemed to hammer at the hometown pride

SOB.

If you're wrong, I'll dox you and hunt you down!
    Promise 😘
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I hear Stillwater’s nice this time of year.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

Dong me for THE University of Washington

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4BAYfFIa7WKaF3R5m6dDpR?si=KTE68wu6SQygDXJIuqsaUQ

Talks roughly half the time about UW and basically says osu has a large alumni base and for ou he just says Williams threw with him.

Made it clear he's thinking about life after football and Seattle sets him up for that well and also that being the hometown guy is big.

JT 👀

Dooooooooooooooooooooog
  • Options
    doog_codpiecedoog_codpiece Member Posts: 88
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4BAYfFIa7WKaF3R5m6dDpR?si=KTE68wu6SQygDXJIuqsaUQ

Talks roughly half the time about UW and basically says osu has a large alumni base and for ou he just says Williams threw with him.

Made it clear he's thinking about life after football and Seattle sets him up for that well and also that being the hometown guy is big.

JT 👀

You have Emeka talk about his strong relationship with Junior and says he LIKES Jimmy Lake (no real conversation on their "relationship"), but when it shifts to Ryan Day he immediately mentions how they talk every other day.

Combine this w/what's in the JT thread and there's a pretty clear picture of the relative weights the head coaches are putting in.

• Options
    betadawgbetadawg Member Posts: 30
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ohio State is very confident doubt we get him.

Im just happy the next few years the elite recruits in Washington aren't super elite. I think we only have trouble closing the super elites, because its hard to compete against Ohio State/Clemson/Alabama making JT and Emeka a top target.

Next year will be way different. Conerly and Agbo are not that type of recruits, they are really good and Conerly even has an Alabama offer, but he is certainly not a top 10 player that Alabama is going to make a #1 priority and roll out the red carpet.

I think our ideal instate class in this era of husky football is like the one we have next year, full of 4 stars and no top 10 players to lose. Until we man up and actually win something, always gonna be hard to close top 10 players even if they are from instate.

2023 class is money too, lot of solid 4 stars, only 1 elite player (Wayne).
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    betadawg said:

Canadawg said:

JT 👀

You have Emeka talk about his strong relationship with Junior and says he LIKES Jimmy Lake (no real conversation on their "relationship"), but when it shifts to Ryan Day he immediately mentions how they talk every other day.

Combine this w/what's in the JT thread and there's a pretty clear picture of the relative weights the head coaches are putting in.

I agree with you that he is going to Ohio State (Because of other reasons) but your interpretation after listening to this conversation sucks.

If a random person listens to this conversation with no context, it absolutely seems like UW is the choice...
    - He mentions Sam Huard is one of his best friends, this is something he does not say about Gee, Julian Flemming, Jaxson Nigba Smith, or Caleb Williams. Clearly Sam is closer to him than the others
    - Well known that his grandparents are big husky fans. He is announcing on their anniversary
    - He specifically mentions being able to launch a brand based on playing in the Seattle market.
    - Fawns over Junior Adams being so close that he is basically an uncle and part of the family, something he didnt say about Hartline.
    - Without being prodded talks about how close he is to his family and how coold it would be for his sibblings and parents to see him play.
    - Hypes up hometown producing and repping hometown.

Again agree with you about Ohio State mainly because we have got 0 indication that UW has taken the lead at any step of this process and also because Ohio State insiders have been supremely confident for way too long. But yeah based on this conversation its idiotic to say that it confirms Ohio State.
    He said that conversation just confirms what we already knew about Lake not putting time into recruiting. That's all his point was.

And he was right.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    Founders Club
    Can we cry about not getting Emeka when it actually happens? I'll be first in line.

No one knows what's going to happen. These guesses are just that. Guesses.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Just got off the rotary phone with my Emeka contact. Said he had already told UW coaches Monday that he was going to Oklahoma.

However, Emeka changed his mind this morning when he woke up to news of UW's great victory in securing the Pac-12 north crown and is now a heavy UW lean...Stay tuned
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Can we cry about not getting Emeka when it actually happens? I'll be first in line.

GTFO or find a new hobby board. TBS board is built on speculation and drama
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    Word down here on the mean streets of Vegas from my local cocaine addicted hookers is he’s all DOOG
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    FireCohen said:

I'm not against speculation. I'm against acting like he's already signed with Oklahoma. I, for one, love the grandparent's anniversary angle. Now go fuck yourself.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

I'm not against speculation. I'm against acting like he's already signed with Oklahoma. I, for one, love the grandparent's anniversary angle. Now go fuck yourself.
    Acting like he already signed with other team is part of the speculation drama dude
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Ohio State is very confident. They say he has already informed the coaches there.