Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jimmy Lake is a good DB recruiter

He's not a great DB recruiter. He's always been out on the top DB guys, usually fairly early.

He crushes it with the tier 2 guys that can still go mostly anywhere and he's a monster developer so he got a rep as a great recruiter.

But he's not, he's merely good.

It appears he didn't have the desire to put the full court press on the elite talent in his backyard.

If he loses JTT and EE that bodes incredibly poorly going forward.

I'm not sure he has the willingness to go toe to toe for the top guys.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    A top-tier QB can hide a lot of warts. Lake better hope that Huard is the Messiah and can overcome any handicapping via JonDon. It will take a QB capable of winning the Heisman to drag this program to a respectable enough level that the success of the program is a strong enough sell with recruits to overcome having shitty recruiters on staff.

I have no inner doog. Dead inside UW fan for the past few years. Today is still a depressing day.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    we are a top 20 type team that can sneak into the top 8 periodically during an outlier year, that is just what it is. The good new is that properly managed we can go to a NY6 game with some consistency. That isn't a bad goal and or outcome.

As far as recruiting goes, I think the way we finish the season will turn out to be important. The willingness to change up the offense and defensive strategy early in the first quarter will make a difference if the coaches are willing to do it.lining up in the box and shifting out and in to assist in stopping the run early would have made a big difference in the last two games. as 97,000 people have said, you simply cant wait unit the third quarter, the coaching staff has gotta be reacting in real-time from the opening snap, we need another intuitive linebacker and the safeties have got to be playing closer to the action and starting hitting with authority. Etc.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

A top-tier QB can hide a lot of warts.

Not if you run it up the middle 50 times per game.
    I'm hearing JonDon is better than expected; just what I'm hearing, don't twist.