Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2009 Stanford game

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Sark started off 2-1 after a moral victory against LSU, beating Idaho (insert webeatIdahotshirtguy.jpg) and upsetting USC 16-13.

We? ended up ranked around 23 or 24 and went on the road to play Stanford the following week. The game went according to the script and we lost 34-14 (I’m like Pup, I’m going off memory unlike @RaceBannon who needs Google). We? gave up some long KO returns including I think a TD.

I’m not saying Jimmy is Sark but there’s been a lot of sizzle.

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'd kill for a Sark offense right now. He couldn't recruit or develop lines for shit, but he'd scheme circles around Jon Don.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'd kill for a Sark offense right now. He couldn't recruit or develop lines for shit, but he'd scheme circles around Jon Don.

I don’t want to say Jon Don is good, but the offense is better than expected.
    That's where I'm at too. But it's also possible that if you remove Morris and put in Sirmon or one of the others, the entire thing goes to shit and we're sitting here thinking Jon Don is the train wreck we were expecting.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Of interesting note. Its the passing game that actually looks really good. The run game is shit but that may have more to do with our interior o line and the lack of a good running back
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

That's where I'm at too. But it's also possible that if you remove Morris and put in Sirmon or one of the others, the entire thing goes to shit and we're sitting here thinking Jon Don is the train wreck we were expecting.
    In other words, like what often happens when backup QB goes in.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't know where this sentiment comes from, unless the predicate for expectations is "Lake hired a terrible NFL team's assistant RB coach who failed miserably last time he was an OC to re-imagine the offense." In that framing, yes, the offense is not the charnel house we might have expected.