Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

we have a well documented Stanford problem...however

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,579
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited December 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
Oregon sucks, USC matches up poorly versus the doogs, and not many teams are going to finish this year undefeated.

Win the fucking conference. Anything else is a failure.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Same old shit against Stanford will be the same old shit against Oregon.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    biak1 said:

Something, something tallest midget... but you're right. I don't have confidence that UW can go on the road and beat Oregon since they're mindfucked against Stanford and... Oregon.

Oh, you’re one of those
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Kwat is not elite (lol) against Stanford. What is this stubborn bullshit? You play to win the game not maintain an identity at any cost.

That was a really miserable performance, making Stanford look like a powerhouse, fucking pathetic.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kwat is not elite (lol) against Stanford. What is this stubborn bullshit? You play to win the game not maintain an identity at any cost.

That was a really miserable performance, making Stanford look like a powerhouse, fucking pathetic.

It’s pretty embarrassing. I hear these reports that Stanford sucks and can’t do their goal line bullshit anymore but it seems to work just fine against us.

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I’m not upset by the Furd loss only because the offense schemed well enough to win (drops in the 1H and missed reads by a rFr average QB1 lead to no TDs) and the boneheaded defensive scheme was expected.

I would say I hope the coaches learn from this, but they won’t - it’s a stone cold fact the college football coaches by in large are the most overpaid employees relative to their output and to expect any creativity or humility is folly, and in 7 years they haven’t yet adjusted their scheme, see Stanford, Penn State, Ohio State, and Bama... same DL same run defense issues.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    animate said:

Is it that hard to change to a "conventional" defense for Stanford?

We go through this every year.

It's like having all season tires for most conditions.

Stanford is like ice driving in the Winter. Totally different. You NEED to slap on some winter tires and then you can perform.

Keeping the usual all weather tires in there conditions is knowing failure when you can out winters on.

What the fuck man.

Just go conventional and let the talent win against stanford.

I was trying to be stubborn and run the best all season (for snow) money can buy this winter. Just threw in the towel and am putting some on Bridgestone Blizzaks tomorrow. Shaw is black ice.