Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW - Utah Game Thread

2»

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Worst basketball team of my lyfe tim

I hear there is a pretty good coach down at pepperdine that looked alright against UCLA with less talent?

Maybe they can put one of the womens soccer players on the court to shoot a few free throws for the FREE PUB?

• WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

How fucking retarded is the pac12 and Larry Scott?

Not only can I not fucking pay to watch the game even if I wanted too this game has so little interest that I cant even find an illegal stream of it.

If you need a good stream, I can send you the one i'm watching. Tuned in with like 7 minutes left in the 1st half, and haven't had any problems so far.
    thanks for the offer, I scalped someone's pac-12 login

This basketball team was not worth the effort of sending the text; "pac-12 network login and password?"
    Oh ya, I already shut the game off and am back to watching Criminal Minds. Where were you going to look for streams? Reddit is still the best place for college basketball steams I find.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    All I’m getting out of this is Riley Sorn and Nate Pryor need to start. Look at what it’s come to Hop, look.
    Riley Sorn

3rd highest scorer with an efficient 4-7
    led the team in Offensive Rebounds and blocks
    16 mins

What more could you want??!1

LOL at Erik Stevenson jacking up 3-12 in only 20 mins
    LOL at Battle shooting 1-8 from three and only scoring 3 points in 21 mins with an impressive -18 +/-

JFC there were guys in the dawgpack that could turn in a better performances

#BringBackOurBrendenSherrer
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    Houhusky said:

Riley Sorn

3rd highest scorer with an efficient 4-7
    led the team in Offensive Rebounds and blocks
    16 mins

What more could you want??!1

LOL at Erik Stevenson jacking up 3-12 in only 20 mins
    LOL at Battle shooting 1-8 from three and only scoring 3 points in 21 mins with an impressive -18 +/-

JFC there were guys in the dawgpack that could turn in a better performances

#BringBackOurBrendenSherrer
    Didn’t watch but my old man said Battle was pulling up from Steph Curry range.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This team is going to be so comically bad that it's going to be its own form of entertainment. I'd almost consider paying to watch these deer on skates try to play basketball.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    7 assists. 7 assists in 40 mins. Wjw.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Didn't watch the game because it was on Larry Scott's network that nobody watches

Just looking at the box score it's largely an abomination:
    • Effectively even on the boards ... I wasn't expecting that all year. That's a positive to see improvement there
    • Solid double double from Nate Roberts ... that'd be a huge development for him to be able to put in that kind of efficient performance on a consistent basis
    • Hameir Wright SHOULD NOT be playing the most minutes on a team ... he's a rotation player (at best) and he's being put into a position to fail (taking too many shots, playing too many minutes, generally getting exposed
    • Jamal Bey literally brings NOTHING to the table ... he can't score (less than 5 points per game), can't shoot (27% from the field), doesn't facilitate the offense (1 assist in 3 games), doesn't rebound (7 in 3 games) ... this level of production would be struggling to do anything worth a damn in the Big Sky Conference
    • I've seen frat kids at the IMA have a better idea of what a good shot is than RaeQuan Battle ... and here's the thing, I know shooters. Battle can be a good shooter. But he's got a fundamental problem ... he has NO FUCKING CLUE what a good shot is. Dude can't wait to fire ... he's averaging a shot every 3 minutes. And what's worse to me, he's basically only shooting 3's (18 out of 23 shots). So if I know that you're going to shoot 3's, and I also know that you're pretty much going to jack it as soon as you catch it, how difficult are you really to defend? There's a reason he's 5 for 23 and 3 of 18 from 3. And for the comment that he's pulling from Steph range ... the reason he's doing it is because the only way that he's got a chance to have a clean look is to extend his range further and further. It's pure stupidity not only from him for not figuring out how he's getting defended ... but an absolute indictment of how fucking stupid the coaching is to not only coach him up on what he's facing but also for not working through improvement areas for him during the offseason. He's screaming for being able to catch, upfake, and have some kind of mid-range game
    • Tsohonis can't shoot (1 for 10 on the year) and because he can't also shoot FTs (which we figured out last year), you almost assuredly have someone that isn't going to go to the basket out of fear of getting embarrassed at the line ... 2 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists in 36 minutes of run is fucking special.
    • It's hard to tell whether Stevenson is worth a damn given that outside of Quade there literally is not a single offensive player worth a damn on this roster.
    There's no chance that this team wins more than 5 games this year based on their schedule ... best case for wins is as follows:

Seattle
    Montana
    Washington St
    Cal
    Random Game

Find me the wins?

And oh yeah, there's ZERO recruiting momentum.

Fucking dumpster fire.
    I watched some of the game while getting other work done, I am not exaggerating when I say this, they would struggle against a good IMA team.

Nate Roberts (and Sorn lol) would be the only player difficult to handle for an IMA team, everyone else either has limited athleticism or even more limited basketball skills.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter

It was over last year when we were 12th in the Pac and had no recruits coming in. We got a couple jag's as transfers that aren't going to be good under Hop. It's over. He knows it too. No chance he survives, especially with the Naz episode.

If I'm Jen, I'm looking to find a way that Hop mishandled or was negligent in the Naz thing as a way to be rid of him. Could possibly be a character clause in his contract you could exploit to save some money
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It’s UW, they’ll fuck it up as always. They won’t fire Hopkins because of the optics of paying a buyout in a covid economy. He’ll get one more year and we’ll suck then, too.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

It’s UW, they’ll fuck it up as always. They won’t fire Hopkins because of the optics of paying a buyout in a covid economy. He’ll get one more year and we’ll suck then, too.

I think he survives too, but his house being sold makes a firing believable. The Naz Carter shit doesn’t help him. This is Seattle. Letting him play while being investigated will get backlash eventually. Forget innocent until proven guilty, again, this is Seattle. That type of shit matters more than winning here.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Give Hop a chance

He just needs mor tim