Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Team might actually be chinteresting next year

13»

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

You have to try to suck to suck as bad as uw does. Hop is in over his head and seems to have mailed it in at this point. Basketball is the easiest sport to be competitive at and we are not. Ridiculous.

I honestly think hiring Brandon Roy would not be a bad move at this point if he's still trying to make a career out of coaching. He's an alpha dog and will be able to recruit. Two traits Hopkins severely lacks. Maybe they get lucky with him and you know he's your guy for a long time.

Edit: Yes, I recognize this is a very doogish take.
    I've argued against it for a few years but at this point I wouldn't hate it.

It's the Memphis/Penny Hardaway route. I'd rather we go get Gregg Marshall but we all know that's not going to happen. We seem to have given up on basketball.

I guess I have too.
    I watched the Gonzaga / Kansas game on Thanksgiving and actually found myself enjoying it.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,977
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

You have to try to suck to suck as bad as uw does. Hop is in over his head and seems to have mailed it in at this point. Basketball is the easiest sport to be competitive at and we are not. Ridiculous.

I honestly think hiring Brandon Roy would not be a bad move at this point if he's still trying to make a career out of coaching. He's an alpha dog and will be able to recruit. Two traits Hopkins severely lacks. Maybe they get lucky with him and you know he's your guy for a long time.

Brandon Roy was one of my favorite players ever but shows no signs of being a good basketball coach. No fault of his own but he was influenced by Romar and Nate McMillan. Two of the most unimaginative offensive minds I have seen in the game. Their basketball X’s and O’s Just plain suck.

All that being said it couldn’t be worse than hop so whatever. Do whatever the fuck you want. That’s where I am with hoops right now. It’s full blown aids and needs to be burnt down and cleansed before it can grow.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Brandon Roy was one of my favorite players ever but shows no signs of being a good basketball coach. No fault of his own but he was influenced by Romar and Nate McMillan. Two of the most unimaginative offensive minds I have seen in the game. Their basketball X’s and O’s Just plain suck.

All that being said it couldn’t be worse than hop so whatever. Do whatever the fuck you want. That’s where I am with hoops right now. It’s full blown aids and needs to be burnt down and cleansed before it can grow.
    What's wrong with droppin 42 on Riverside
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,977
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

What's wrong with droppin 42 on Riverside
    I am confident there are plenty of prep schools that can put up more than 42 vs uc riverside. I know we give shit to hop but ffs the players need to have some pride as well. They all should be ashamed.