Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Q for the Bored

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Did anything major happen while I was away?

Hope everyone had a GOOD first year of the roarin twenties! I know I did!

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020

Likewesayno

Why not? Dawgs are undefeated and primed for a playoff run! Huskie football! It’s contagious!
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

Likewesayno

Why not? Dawgs are undefeated and primed for a playoff run! Huskie football! It’s contagious!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qnSz6Lh5pY

Bless @ScatPlayDawg for giving us 2020's theme song.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Winning football must be good for bizness.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

Leicester City lost to Fulham yesterday, so I’m a little depressed. We? have a tough match against Sheffield on Sunday.

#myfoxes
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

You've been away?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Leicester City lost to Fulham yesterday, so I’m a little depressed. We? have a tough match against Sheffield on Sunday.

#myfoxes
    Don’t forget about getting blown out by my injury plagued first place reds!

• Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

#myfoxes

Phil was a real disappointment for Bayern, but I think I can live with how things worked out.

Am I sensing J's commie kickball board?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

#myfoxes

Phil was a real disappointment for Bayern, but I think I can live with how things worked out.

I don’t know how you can be disappointed with a guy you had on loan, but I actually thought Phil played well for Bayern when I saw him. One game I recall he had two assists off the bench and another he didn’t have a single incomplete pass all game. The problem was Bayern just has too many established mids and they didn’t want to play him in an attacking winger or dedicated playmaker role, because they would have had to change their system. The real winner here, as always, is Liverpool and I really enjoyed watching us beat Barca and win champions league after fleecing them. Then I got to watch them fire two managers and the club president while Messi requested a transfer. Absolute clusterfuck over there. After years of using underhanded tactics to recruit our best players, our guys might think twice after they mismanaged Coutinho. Also enjoying watching Man U embark on a long title drought over the last few years. Fags.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

#myfoxes

I don’t know how you can be disappointed with a guy you had on loan, but I actually thought Phil played well for Bayern when I saw him. One game I recall he had two assists off the bench and another he didn’t have a single incomplete pass all game. The problem was Bayern just has too many established mids and they didn’t want to play him in an attacking winger or dedicated playmaker role, because they would have had to change their system. The real winner here, as always, is Liverpool and I really enjoyed watching us beat Barca and win champions league after fleecing them. Then I got to watch them fire two managers and the club president while Messi requested a transfer. Absolute clusterfuck over there. After years of using underhanded tactics to recruit our best players, our guys might think twice after they mismanaged Coutinho. Also enjoying watching Man U embark on a long title drought over the last few years. Fags.
    I didn’t understand a word of it. Chinned it anyway.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,868
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    J's out of rehab
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

#myfoxes

@MikeDamone can translate
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

#myfoxes

I should have picked my words better there, his tenure was a disappointment in that he couldn't get on the pitch. He was great every time he came on, but Müller is just too durable and, as my favorite player I'm probably biased towards him, he's just flat better than Phil. Throw Kimmich turning into one of the world's best 6s and Goretzka emerging as a monster, and you're 100% correct, there was no room. I was just excited to see Bayern pull another trademark bargain shopping move for a severely undervalued/misused player.

Outside of Bayern I'm not following the soccer world so closely this year, any other cool storylines?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

#myfoxes

@MikeDamone can translate
    He ded.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

PurpleJ said:

#myfoxes
    Fulham has 2 Americans - Leicester City has zero. Come on Fulham come on!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    Emoterman said:

PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

#myfoxes

I should have picked my words better there, his tenure was a disappointment in that he couldn't get on the pitch. He was great every time he came on, but Müller is just too durable and, as my favorite player I'm probably biased towards him, he's just flat better than Phil. Throw Kimmich turning into one of the world's best 6s and Goretzka emerging as a monster, and you're 100% correct, there was no room. I was just excited to see Bayern pull another trademark bargain shopping move for a severely undervalued/misused player.

Outside of Bayern I'm not following the soccer world so closely this year, any other cool storylines?
    Yeah and Phil isn’t going to play in Kimmich or Goretzka’s spot because of the defensive responsibilities.

Liverpool is tied for first and won their CL group with a game to spare. Everton took out both Thiago and Van Dijk in the same game. Van Dijk is out for the entire season with and complete tear of the ACL and damage to other ligaments. We are missing 3/4 of our starting defense, several mids and Alisson has been hurt twice, but our kids have been great. The haters will be super mad when we win the league again.

As for other storylines, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is leading the Serie A in scoring at the age of 39. Oh and noted communist, shitty coach, blow/hooker enthusiast and all around dirtbag Maradona finally croaked. FTG he isn’t worthy to polish Messi’s boots.

They are also doing their best to ruin the sport with VAR. So there’s that.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

#myfoxes

He tore Barca apart in UCL quarters which was pretty hilarious.