Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Favorite National Park you have visited

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Glacier - Bobby Hauck and Jeff Choate KG

Like @dnc, I'm chintrigued and fascinated by the national parks. Mrs Nacho plan to drive to some in 2021 (we'd fly but it's really embarrassing to have to ask for two seat belt extenders).

I think I've been to 4: Rainier, Olympic, Rocky Mountain there's at least 1 more. Rocky Mountain wins because my wife's cousin goes into the bathroom which is really just a permanent honey bucket (FREE PUB for Honey Bucket Butt Fuck! @DerekJohnson RIP @DeLarry) and proceeds to drop her cell phone in the toilet. She then comes out and asks the Park Ranger if there's a way to get it out. He just stared at her.

I’ve been to rocky mountain 15+ times, it’s super cool. Plus Estes Park is kinda cool. Kinda funny but I was with my dad there about 2 years ago. We saw this super ripped fashionable ripped lumberjack dude with this women who was botox’d to the gills. They looked way out of place. As pup would say he was metro but he was masquerading as a TUFF mountain man. Funny enough we see the same guy in Maryland at the Montgomery Mall (visiting family) a year later. It made a lot of sense tbh. CSB I know.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yellowstone - BRB, Old Faithful

dnc said:

Like @dnc, I'm chintrigued and fascinated by the national parks. Mrs Nacho plan to drive to some in 2021 (we'd fly but it's really embarrassing to have to ask for two seat belt extenders).

I think I've been to 4: Rainier, Olympic, Rocky Mountain there's at least 1 more. Rocky Mountain wins because my wife's cousin goes into the bathroom which is really just a permanent honey bucket (FREE PUB for Honey Bucket Butt Fuck! @DerekJohnson RIP @DeLarry) and proceeds to drop her cell phone in the toilet. She then comes out and asks the Park Ranger if there's a way to get it out. He just stared at her.

Crater Lake?
    Badlands.
    Badlands, cool fucking park man.

I’ve been to rocky mountain 15+ times, it’s super cool. Plus Estes Park is kinda cool. Kinda funny but I was with my dad there about 2 years ago. We saw this super ripped fashionable ripped lumberjack dude with this women who was botox’d to the gills. They looked way out of place. As pup would say he was metro but he was masquerading as a TUFF mountain man. Funny enough we see the same guy in Maryland at the Montgomery Mall (visiting family) a year later. It made a lot of sense tbh. CSB I know.
    ykwywf

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020
    Glacier - Bobby Hauck and Jeff Choate KG
    Craters of the Moon is up there for me if we’re including that.

Edit: should’ve put it in the other thread fuck me
    biak1 said:

Craters of the Moon is up there for me if we’re including that.

Edit: should’ve put it in the other thread fuck me

It's in the NP system but not an NP so it's very HH worthy.

Could go either way.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Olympic - #TeamJacob or #TeamEdward?
    I love the mountains but hate people so I went with Olympic over Mt. Rainier.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649

Get out and see the world, you Yankee bastards.

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Obviously limiting to 10 options means I had to leave off a few deserving ones like Grand Tetons, Rocky Mountain, Sequoyah, Bryce Canyon, North Cascades (highly underrated) and all the Hawaiian and Alaskan parks. Fup Vanilla!

You even added a shitload more and STILL didn't list the Black Hills. I thought we had something special.
    Not a national park. I did shout them out in the other thread though. Helps Noem, IMO!
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020
    I’m a fan of the Smokey Mountains for it’s combination of hiking, history and freeness. The abandoned hillbilly farms are cool and Gaitlinburg and Asheville are cool drinking towns.

Redwood is the best on the West Coast.

Voyageurs is probably the most underrated one and also the one that takes the biggest physical toll on your body portaging canoes from lake to lake.

I’m a fan of the Smokey Mountains for it’s combination of hiking, history and freeness. The abandoned hillbilly farms are cool and Gaitlinburg and Asheville are cool drinking towns.

Redwood is the best on the West Coast.

Voyageurs is probably the most underrated one and also the one that takes the biggest physical toll on your body portaging canoes from lake to lake.

Good chit on Voyageurs. Looking forward to it and Isle Royale.

I’ve been to the smokies more than any of them. Gatlinburg and Asheville are very cool in different ways and GSMNP is pretty but they just can’t compare to the mountains out west for me. I know it’s not fair to compare them but it’s hard not to. Shenandoah is similar but a full step down.
    whlinder said:

Shenandoah!!! VOOG? It up!

This is something I need to do more of but work takes me internationally usually and the family aren’t the biggest outdoor fans. It’s been decades since I’ve seen one other than Shenandoah. Out of Crater Lake, Rainier and Olympic I would probably rank Olympic 1, Crater Lake 2 and Rainier 3.

We did Skyline Drove back in August. It was cool but nothing made me say “I have to come back”
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

whlinder said:

This is something I need to do more of but work takes me internationally usually and the family aren’t the biggest outdoor fans. It’s been decades since I’ve seen one other than Shenandoah. Out of Crater Lake, Rainier and Olympic I would probably rank Olympic 1, Crater Lake 2 and Rainier 3.

We did Skyline Drove back in August. It was cool but nothing made me say “I have to come back”
    Agree, it’s nothing special if you’ve been out west. If you’ve only been in the East it’s more special than 2023 will be. Much nicer in the fall too when the leaves turn and you get different sunlight angles.
    Yeah I think we were there a few weeks too early. The Smokies are definitely best experienced in the fall as well.

whlinder said:

dnc said:

whlinder said:

Agree, it’s nothing special if you’ve been out west. If you’ve only been in the East it’s more special than 2023 will be. Much nicer in the fall too when the leaves turn and you get different sunlight angles.
    In Oklahoma someone would mention Mt. Something and I'd look around and go where?

Right there!

That's a hill mate and barely that
    I'm calling bullshit.

There are no hills in Oklahoma.