Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Twatter Handbook for Teen Boi Stockers

Have a Twatter handle that you currently use to feed your passion for teen boys? Considering starting to use your Twatter to check in on some high profile recruits? Thinking about signing up for Twitter to see what all the sweet teenaged fuss is about? Ready to finally have an answer to the question "What are YOU doing to get Sa'Vell Smalls??"

GREAT! As you've probably heard, Twatter can be a great resource for TBS'ers of all ages. And, done correctly, Twatting can even have a positive effect on UW's recruiting efforts. But beware! Done incorrectly, Twitter TBS'ing can actually hurt the school you love so dearly, not to mention expose just how unstable you truly are to the whole wide Twatter world.

Extreme caution is advised!

So, if you still want to venture into the worldwide web of interacting with gifted underage young men who you'd like to see represent your school of choice, here are six handy rules to remember. Note, that says rules, not principles or guidelines. RULES. As in don't break these you fucking idiot! Not once. Not ever. Not even for the recruit you wet dream about every night!

Got it?

Cool. Let's begin.

Rule number one:

1. Register a burner account. Never use your real name. TBS Twitter will get weird and could get ugly. You'd have to be a complete moron to use your real identity for this. Get a handle somehow related to the school you are trying to represent.

2. Simply respond to what recruits are saying. They tweet an article they're featured in? Cool. Top 53 dropping next week? Great. Blessed to announce where I've committed, please respect my decision? Perfect.

Corollary 2a. Never start something with a recruit on your own. These are kids. You are not. Starting a conversation with them might seem like a great idea at first, and might even go well your first couple of times. But it will chinevitably go badly eventually and you'll come off like the creepy, needy, basement dwelling loser that we already know you are. That's fine here, that's what this place is for. This is a safe place. But don't expose that for the whole world to see on Twitter.

3. Gifs are your fren. The magic of gifs is they can paint a beautiful picture of the school you are repping without requiring you to formulate any words at all. Pictures are universal and transcend generational lines and moving pictures are always chinteresting. Gifs are the safest way for you to represent your school without saying anything you're going to regret. Don't get me wrong, gifs aren't foolproof and can do damage if you're particularly weird or unhinged. Start out by using gifs you've seen other TBS'ers post to rep your school. There are no poonts for creativity here.

4. Always be positive. Never offer a recruit constructive criticism, never tell him this other kid being recruited as his position can't compare to him, never say anything negative to a recruit about anyone for any reason. Things like "Great tape", and "You look great in team color x" are fine. When in doubt, use a gif.

4a. Negative recruiting is not allowed, not ever. I don't care if your teen boi crush puts out his final two and its down to you and this one other school that *CLEARLY* isn't in your team's stratosphere and how could any idiot even consider them on our level, you don't put the other school down. Not ever. I don't care if fans of the other school are putting your school down, you don't engage. You honor rule 4 above at all times and in all situations.

4b. If you choose to engage recruits via your Twatter handle your handle everything your handle does now represents that. EVERYTHING MATTERS. This means your hawt political takes, thoughts about the coaching staff and feelings about anything else now must be filtered by your TBS habit. I'm not saying you're not allowed to twat about anything not TBS related, I'm saying you must constantly be aware that whatever those twats are could be seen my recruits since you've chosen to engage them. Bashing the coaches is no longer allowed. Melting down during a game is not on the table. Ripping your least favorite current player is now verboten. Those things can be done, but they can no longer be done from that account.

5. Never slide into a young man's DM's for any reasons. This shouldn't even have to be said but apparently it does. You aren't that smart. Your filter isn't that strong. And your ability to control your emotions isn't what you think it is. You might think this is just a harmless teen boi crush but if you start interacting with these kids in private your crush can quickly escalate to an obsession and when that kid doesn't come to your school for whatever reason things will get ugly very quickly.

6. Remember you're not on the coaching staff and you don't speak for the coaches. Just because you think kid a is priority 1 for your school doesn't mean they are. Don't act like you know things you don't know.

This list is binding and unbreakable. If you choose to interact with recruits on Twitter you are consenting to abide by these common sense and completely reasonable expectations.

While the list is binding and unbreakable it is not necessarily exhaustive. New rules can and will be added as new ways to TBS poorly on Twatter emerge.

Good luck and don't fuck this up for us you obsessive compulsive man of questionable hobbies!

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Everyone has a handbook until their magic feather gets blown away.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, some of the post Banks meltdown has been over the top. I love how people think that Washington is above this type of thing but the fact is everyone does it, and if anything, the early signing period should be an indicator to all Teen Bois, that if you really like a school, don't wait. Also for TB's, you can always change your mind. It happens, and schools move on, and so can you.
    Standard Supporter

Yeah, some of the post Banks meltdown has been over the top. I love how people think that Washington is above this type of thing but the fact is everyone does it, and if anything, the early signing period should be an indicator to all Teen Bois, that if you really like a school, don't wait. Also for TB's, you can always change your mind. It happens, and schools move on, and so can you.

What type of thing? First one through the door gets the scholly.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Exactly. Assuming the report from Biggins and Baseman is correct and there's another commit then UW clearly didn't do anything dirty or underhanded here.

Is this a good gif to use?

ALWAYS

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Have a Twatter handle that you currently use to feed your passion for teen boys? Considering starting to use your Twatter to check in on some high profile recruits? Thinking about signing up for Twitter to see what all the sweet teenaged fuss is about? Ready to finally have an answer to the question "What are YOU doing to get Sa'Vell Smalls??"

GREAT! As you've probably heard, Twatter can be a great resource for TBS'ers of all ages. And, done correctly, Twatting can even have a positive effect on UW's recruiting efforts. But beware! Done incorrectly, Twitter TBS'ing can actually hurt the school you love so dearly, not to mention expose just how unstable you truly are to the whole wide Twatter world.

So, if you still want to venture into the worldwide web of interacting with gifted underage young men who you'd like to see represent your school of choice, here are six handy rules to remember. Note, that says rules, not principles or guidelines. RULES. As in don't break these you fucking idiot! Not once. Not ever. Not even for the recruit you wet dream about every night!

Got it?

Cool. Let's begin.

Rule number one:

1. Register a burner account. Never use your real name. TBS Twitter will get weird and could get ugly. You'd have to be a complete moron to use your real identity for this. Get a handle somehow related to the school you are trying to represent.

2. Simply respond to what recruits are saying. They tweet an article they're featured in? Cool. Top 53 dropping next week? Great. Blessed to announce where I've committed, please respect my decision? Perfect.

Corollary 2a. Never start something with a recruit on your own. These are kids. You are not. Starting a conversation with them might seem like a great idea at first, and might even go well your first couple of times. But it will chinevitably go badly eventually and you'll come off like the creepy, needy, basement dwelling loser that we already know you are. That's fine here, that's what this place is for. This is a safe place. But don't expose that for the whole world to see on Twitter.

3. Gifs are your fren. The magic of gifs is they can paint a beautiful picture of the school you are repping without requiring you to formulate any words at all. Pictures are universal and transcend generational lines and moving pictures are always chinteresting. Gifs are the safest way for you to represent your school without saying anything you're going to regret. Don't get me wrong, gifs aren't foolproof and can do damage if you're particularly weird or unhinged. Start out by using gifs you've seen other TBS'ers post to rep your school. There are no poonts for creativity here.

4. Always be positive. Never offer a recruit constructive criticism, never tell him this other kid being recruited as his position can't compare to him, never say anything negative to a recruit about anyone for any reason. Things like "Great tape", and "You look great in team color x" are fine. When in doubt, use a gif.

4a. Negative recruiting is not allowed, not ever. I don't care if your teen boi crush puts out his final two and its down to you and this one other school that *CLEARLY* isn't in your team's stratosphere and how could any idiot even consider them on our level, you don't put the other school down. Not ever. I don't care if fans of the other school are putting your school down, you don't engage. You honor rule 4 above at all times and in all situations.

4b. If you choose to engage recruits via your Twatter handle your handle everything your handle does now represents that. EVERYTHING MATTERS. This means your hawt political takes, thoughts about the coaching staff and feelings about anything else now must be filtered by your TBS habit. I'm not saying you're not allowed to twat about anything not TBS related, I'm saying you must constantly be aware that whatever those twats are could be seen my recruits since you've chosen to engage them. Bashing the coaches is no longer allowed. Melting down during a game is not on the table. Ripping your least favorite current player is now verboten. Those things can be done, but they can no longer be done from that account.

5. Never slide into a young man's DM's for any reasons. This shouldn't even have to be said but apparently it does. You aren't that smart. Your filter isn't that strong. And your ability to control your emotions isn't what you think it is. You might think this is just a harmless teen boi crush but if you start interacting with these kids in private your crush can quickly escalate to an obsession and when that kid doesn't come to your school for whatever reason things will get ugly very quickly.

6. Remember you're not on the coaching staff and you don't speak for the coaches. Just because you think kid a is priority 1 for your school doesn't mean they are. Don't act like you know things you don't know.

This list is binding and unbreakable. If you choose to interact with recruits on Twitter you are consenting to abide by these common sense and completely reasonable expectations.

While the list is binding and unbreakable it is not necessarily exhaustive. New rules can and will be added as new ways to TBS poorly on Twatter emerge.

Good luck and don't fuck this up for us you obsessive compulsive man of questionable hobbies!

YBWE.

I laffed when you said this is a safe place.
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2019

Is this a good gif to use?

The long lost part 2!!!

5.3 edit to @CFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Exactly. Assuming the report from Biggins and Baseman is correct and there's another commit then UW clearly didn't do anything dirty or underhanded here.
    dnc said:

That was my poont.
    dnc said:

Got it?

Cool. Let's begin.

Rule number one:

Bump for Princely stockers
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    Swaye's Wigwam
    4. and it's sub rules need to be bolded. Lotta fucking retards TBS'ing.

4. and it's sub rules need to be bolded. Lotta fucking retards TBS'ing.

LOL at "sub rules".

If that was a chintentional reference fucking amazing. If not, still hilarious.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

Should I pin this shit again?

Yes. It should be annual mandatory training for TBSers.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Who the fuck slid into recruits DMs?