Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: ZTF Didn't Hear No Bell

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,125
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I took a “get that shit off shower” at half and didn’t get a shout out.

But you got a thread dedicated to you the other day, pod
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

I agree that the game seemed tailor-made for Newton and if he isn't injured I'd really like to know why the fuck he didn't play.

I think it was just because how the game went. We were down early, he’s not the pass catching back. He’s not the guy to break big runs either.

My guess is Newton appears earlier next game and gets carries. I agree that when there are hardly any holes to run thru, Newton is the guy. 2-3 yards on the runs would have been an improvement last night. We got stuffed for 0 or -1 so many times.
    McGrew actually popped one for 26 yards so they were going to stick with him. Pleasant can block and pass catch.

Newton cannot create on his own so I don't see how he fits in to last night's game.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

I agree that the game seemed tailor-made for Newton and if he isn't injured I'd really like to know why the fuck he didn't play.

I think it was just because how the game went. We were down early, he’s not the pass catching back. He’s not the guy to break big runs either.

My guess is Newton appears earlier next game and gets carries. I agree that when there are hardly any holes to run thru, Newton is the guy. 2-3 yards on the runs would have been an improvement last night. We got stuffed for 0 or -1 so many times.
    McGrew actually popped one for 26 yards so they were going to stick with him. Pleasant can block and pass catch.

Newton cannot create on his own so I don't see how he fits in to last night's game.
    he gets positive yards when they are not there, pleasant does not do that
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020
    FireCohen said:

Gladstone said:

he gets positive yards when they are not there, pleasant does not do that
    I wasn’t watching closely enough but the announcer was talking about some nice blocks Pleasant made. Pleasant should have more of a 3rd down role.

I do agree that Newton gets 2-3 yards instead of 0 like McGrew and Pleasant.
  • Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why didn’t I get a shout out
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Another great pod. Provided great background noise as I drank wine and went through my Tinder feed. 😁

If I were still on there, you'd stop at my profile ;)
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Another great pod. Provided great background noise as I drank wine and went through my Tinder feed. 😁

If I were still on there, you'd stop at my profile ;)
    To swipe right, or straight up delete the app? 🙂
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I am humbled and honored by the shoutout