Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Weird Weekend it was

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Thanksgiving went fine, bro was over and I double-skunked him at cribbage, which is very unusual. Turkey was great, as was Mrs. Lebam's turkey and dumpling soup (two days worth), that was about all that was normal...

Thanksgiving night I got ready to go out and say goodnight to the goats, but Mrs. L says not to worry the goats are dancing around in the barn I hear they bumping into the walls. Friday morning I go out to give them morning hay and water, all is well and for some reason I look into an area where I keep sick animals, young'uns etc that need protection. There is access from an area that I can fence and gate off to protect any of them. When I look in the area, there is a 2-3 year old female deer dead inside the barn.

Mrs. Lebam looks at the doe and recognizes the deer, just the other night she was out calling our cat and this deer comes up onto the patio thinking she is getting a treat. I will post a picture later of that but I have to get it from her. I call WDFW to report the deer - just to make sure that there wasn't any poaching or other problem with the doe. There was blood everywhere in the room she died in. I never hear anything from a game warden, Called, emailed did all I could but don't want a dead deer in the barn. So this morning, I decide to get rid of the deer.

I go out to the barn, went into the goat area, and Prudence the Old Lady of the Barn is laying on the ground, moaning and flopping around very unsuccessfully. She is 14 yrs old and has been losing weight, keeping herself isolated from the other goats for about a month so her time was up. Now I have a dying goat and a dead deer in the barn. Got the goat out of there and had to shoot her, put her and the deer in the back of the truck ( the farm truck not the new styling RAM).

Well off to the hills for an afternoon of dropping dead animals into the wilderness. On our way out, had to slam on the brakes as a WDFW police agent is hanging a u-turn on the road. Off I go again and upon my return, there is a note taped to my gate from the WDFW cop asking about the deer. Had a good conversation about all the deer around here, nice guy, etc. and did busy work all afternoon to forget about having to shoot one of my favorite goats.

Then watched the UW game on tape, which really made me feel good. Then the second half and had the ability to write this shit poast.

Go Dawgs

Here is the Old Lady of the Barn - RIP Prudence

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Think you can get this kinda content over at Doogman?

only from poasters like PurpleDawgFan
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 487
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Goat should marinate in a vinegar base before slow cooking. If you have not tried adjva as a goat condiment, you’re missing out.

Cuisine del Bosna is on the rise here in the ‘Lou.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I love goat but when the damn thing is 14 years old it would need to simmer for maybe 3 months to get tender
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So...what the hell happened to the deer? Did it just beat itself to death in the barn?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My guess is hit by car. Happens all the time right in front of my house (blind bend in the road, busy street where everyone speeds, deer superhighway), and I'm always surprised at how far the deer make it before they collapse and die. I was able to put one out of its misery six feet from my front porch. Another one, I called animal control to come and get it, and by the time the AC got there, the deer was gone. Searched a good 41 yeeeeearrrrrrrd radius, but never found it. Either made a miracle recovery or just moved just far enough to die on someone else's porch.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

My guess is hit by car. Happens all the time right in front of my house (blind bend in the road, busy street where everyone speeds, deer superhighway), and I'm always surprised at how far the deer make it before they collapse and die. I was able to put one out of its misery six feet from my front porch. Another one, I called animal control to come and get it, and by the time the AC got there, the deer was gone. Searched a good 41 yeeeeearrrrrrrd radius, but never found it. Either made a miracle recovery or just moved just far enough to die on someone else's porch.

I've hit four of those dumb motherfuckers in the last two years.

Deer, not animal control officers.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Probably right.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know what the hell happened to the deer - I was assuming hit by a car but it had to jump two fences and run up a hill about 300 feet into a small side yard, up a little ramp, thru a little 3x4 foot opening into the barn. Of course, it might have been an arrow as it is bow hunting season, still would have had to do all that running and I haven't seen anyone bow hunting on our property.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

I don't know what the hell happened to the deer - I was assuming hit by a car but it had to jump two fences and run up a hill about 300 feet into a small side yard, up a little ramp, thru a little 3x4 foot opening into the barn. Of course, it might have been an arrow as it is bow hunting season, still would have had to do all that running and I haven't seen anyone bow hunting on our property.

The deer I called AC about had to have done at least that in order to disappear, and I watched it get absolutely pulverized by an SUV.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,520
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

I was hoping you were gonna say that your goats all beat the shit out of the deer.