Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Voi Tunuufi, 2021 4* DT, Salt Lake City (East HS), UT (COMMITTED)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

"They didn't give them anything all night," Tunuufi said of Washington's 44-27 win over Arizona over the weekend. "I was watching Taki (Sam Taimai) and he was balling out. So was Sav'ell (Smalls). Those guys played great. The whole defense played great. I was thinking to myself, that's going to be me soon. It was exciting to watch. They play with passion. I loved it."

While playing multiple roles along East's defensive line, Tunuufi finished with over 120 tackles (80 solo) while posting 26 tackles-for-loss and 16.5 sacks on the season.

"I felt like I improved every aspect of what I can do," Tunuufi said. "I'm stronger, quicker, I use my hands better, I just felt like I maxed out what I could do here and I'm looking forward to taking that next step and getting up there and playing ball."

That’s a huge season. We got a good one.
    120 tackles for a HS DT is fucking massive ... I'm not sure that I've ever heard of numbers like that.
    rush yards are more important at least for UW DT
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    How the fuck is this kid not a 4⭐?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sources said:

How can you expect TBSers to judge a kid on production and ability rather than whether the kid pays to go to their camp?
    Not to mention the amount of under the table money that is passed around in that business. I imagine Biggins and Huffman are having to scrape a little this year without their stipends
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020

NEsnake12 said:

Because the class of 2021 will have the least meaningful rankings in the mainstream recruiting era, thanks to COVID. The current rankings are pretty much the same as they were back in March, and are all based off of camps from spring 2019 and junior season film.

Usually there's a lot of rankings movement after spring camps, the opening, elite 11, fall football, and the all-star bowls
    Next year’s rankings will probably be pretty bad. There are tons of kids not playing a season this year and that missed out on camps.
    Yep. Class of 2022 rankings will be heavily biased towards kids who can actually attend camps in the spring
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Because the class of 2021 will have the least meaningful rankings in the mainstream recruiting era, thanks to COVID. The current rankings are pretty much the same as they were back in March, and are all based off of camps from spring 2019 and junior season film.

Usually there's a lot of rankings movement after spring camps, the opening, elite 11, fall football, and the all-star bowls
    It was a rhetorical question but TYFYS
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

This kid is so good. My favorite commit of the class (okay tied with ISHIT). I don't care what his ranking is. Blue chip to me.

Strong agree

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    “ I loved watching them come back. I know a lot of guys on both teams, so I had a ton of interest in the game. The Huskies played four quarters of ball. They didn't give an inch. That's the kind of ball you want to play. Agressive, smart football. I was so excited for them to win that game."