Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to would be Doogs

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Just keep getting better.

guntlove said:

Would be? Was there anyone here who wasn't shamefully dooging ahe ll week?

Me.

Jimmy's not a head coach. And JonDon will be a fucking anchor around this program. But I didn't want to piss in anybody's cornflakes last week... it was cool watching everyone doog out. This place was super fun. I wish I was wrong about Jimmy, but I'm not.
    This is negadoog for no reason. Noog?

We are 3-0. Fuck off. Lifpo as always but so far so good
    Roll Beavlet and roll Yoots and we are so far so good.

We aren't living in that world so far.

This team and coach ARE actually young. Lots of room for improvement. I'll LIPO.
    I think we are good and guys are improving. I saw flashes out of Tuitele and Smalls. Tuli is working his way back. I even see glimpses from Sirmon. Run D needs to improve and I think it will.

The OL is solid. We need a better RB, but the guys we have are serviceable. Morris has balls and has the team believing. Puka is breaking out for 150 yard 2-3 TD game soon. We have won games while playing poorly and we look great when it’s clicking.

It’s a young team improving, coached with energy, and we have great leadership from our studs in Otton and Molden. Molden has been a stud and I bet Tryon and Levi are kicking themselves for not playing.

I don’t think we are great, but I’m having a good time and sincerely believe the future is bright.
    Flawed but a lot of potential.

Lacking a great RB it's always going to be unpredictable with a new QB.
    Davis is probably the great back in waiting. He's just not better than the others by a wide enough margin to take their reps yet. I think the running game would be a little better than it is right now if they only went two deep and he was the feature guy the whole time. He'd be a doog hero by now.

Just speculating. I like them all but think he's the only one with special potential.
    Without facing a series of OOC patsies its hard to break in young guys at RB if you have pretty decent upperclassmen, in this case about three.

There have already been a number of high-pressure situations for the offense which are not ideal learning opportunities.

Consider that Morris almost turned it over 4 times last night, you are looking for security at the skill positions.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Just keep getting better.

guntlove said:

Me.

Jimmy's not a head coach. And JonDon will be a fucking anchor around this program. But I didn't want to piss in anybody's cornflakes last week... it was cool watching everyone doog out. This place was super fun. I wish I was wrong about Jimmy, but I'm not.
    This is negadoog for no reason. Noog?

We are 3-0. Fuck off. Lifpo as always but so far so good
    Roll Beavlet and roll Yoots and we are so far so good.

We aren't living in that world so far.

This team and coach ARE actually young. Lots of room for improvement. I'll LIPO.
    I think we are good and guys are improving. I saw flashes out of Tuitele and Smalls. Tuli is working his way back. I even see glimpses from Sirmon. Run D needs to improve and I think it will.

The OL is solid. We need a better RB, but the guys we have are serviceable. Morris has balls and has the team believing. Puka is breaking out for 150 yard 2-3 TD game soon. We have won games while playing poorly and we look great when it’s clicking.

It’s a young team improving, coached with energy, and we have great leadership from our studs in Otton and Molden. Molden has been a stud and I bet Tryon and Levi are kicking themselves for not playing.

I don’t think we are great, but I’m having a good time and sincerely believe the future is bright.
    Flawed but a lot of potential.

Lacking a great RB it's always going to be unpredictable with a new QB.
    Davis is probably the great back in waiting. He's just not better than the others by a wide enough margin to take their reps yet. I think the running game would be a little better than it is right now if they only went two deep and he was the feature guy the whole time. He'd be a doog hero by now.

Just speculating. I like them all but think he's the only one with special potential.
    Without facing a series of OOC patsies its hard to break in young guys at RB if you have pretty decent upperclassmen, in this case about three.

There have already been a number of high-pressure situations for the offense which are not ideal learning opportunities.

Consider that Morris almost turned it over 4 times last night, you are looking for security at the skill positions.
    Well said. I completely agree.

I think Davis would be on a Chris Polk as a sophomore starter type level if he had been on a similar depth chart.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

LebamDawg said:

guntlove said:

Me.

I’m still sipping my Cosmopolitan here at Club LIPO. And I’m not going to ask for my bar tab until after the final game.
    Helfrich won a rosebowel...

Mario won a rosebowel...
    Neuheisel won a Rose Bowl
    Pete lost a Rose Bowel

and a Fiesta Bowel

and a Peach Bowel

and a Something Else Bowel somewhere in Arizona

and he did all that in 6 years

To be fair, UW almost every year under Pete could've beaten that Purdue team
    Not according to @creepycoug and @MikeDamone . With their rather curious logic, beating Purdue equates to Neu >>> Toothy.
    This to say about that.

Sure, over the long haul, Pete is probably a better guy to have around. Rick had a little Dennis Erickson in him. They come in hot, and then their vices as men eventually start showing up on the field.

But results are results. The Rose Bowl has been, forever, the measuring stick of a great season at Washington. That is, until Oregon started winning them.

So just give me the season that Pete had that was as successful as the one Rick had in 2000. That 2000 team won big games. I don't think Pete had one win as significant as Rick's over the 2000 Miami team, and that game was a great display of coaching. He absolutely had Washington ready to play. I was there.

And it was a damn good team. They had a great O line that could run block on anybody, an NFL TE who could block and catch, and a QB who shit turds bigger than Jake's best. Anthony Vontoure starts in any Jimmy Lake D backfield, and Akbar and Williams probably do too. Same with Larry Tripplett. Nevermind Purdue. I'd take Rick N. and that 2000 Husky team against Pete's best and like my chances. They won a Rose Bowl. They played who they were asked to play and won. I only have to play the "what if Rick played Buck" game if you guys have to play the "What if Pete played 2000 Miami" game. Pete shits his pants in that game IMO; Rick was up for the challenge and outcoached Butch Davis.
    At the end of the day both 2000 and 2016 were legit top 4 teams in the country. And they could only play the teams on the schedule. Ricky got Purdue in Pasadena and won. Toothy got Satan in Atlanta and lost. On a neutral field it’s probably a coin flip between the two squads IMO.
    2016 would either win in a blowout or 2000 would win in a nailbiter. Nothing in between.
    I’ve always said 2016 would win easily. The 2000 team wouldn’t be able to complete a pass besides a couple to Stevens.
    2000 team had Tui. You? had Brownsocks. At the most important position on the field, 2000 has 2016 by an immeasurable distance.

I'll take Tui and a coach who didn't joke under the big lights in a close one.
    Vita and Greg would have single handidly blown up the triple option the 2000 team kept running.

Marques fakes the dive, goes down the line sees Victor and Bierra ready to take him down for a 3 yard loss and if he tries to pitch it to the rb, Budda is ready to tackle him for a 5 yard loss.

The 2016 team blows out the 2000 team easily.

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was there, man!

2000 wins, they had more heart, played better together and did way better under pressure
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,710
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    godawgst said:

dnc said:

LebamDawg said:

guntlove said:

Me.

I’m still sipping my Cosmopolitan here at Club LIPO. And I’m not going to ask for my bar tab until after the final game.

Mario won a rosebowel...
    Pete lost a Rose Bowel

and a Fiesta Bowel

and a Peach Bowel

Not according to @creepycoug and @MikeDamone . With their rather curious logic, beating Purdue equates to Neu >>> Toothy.
    This to say about that.

Sure, over the long haul, Pete is probably a better guy to have around. Rick had a little Dennis Erickson in him. They come in hot, and then their vices as men eventually start showing up on the field.

But results are results. The Rose Bowl has been, forever, the measuring stick of a great season at Washington. That is, until Oregon started winning them.

So just give me the season that Pete had that was as successful as the one Rick had in 2000. That 2000 team won big games. I don't think Pete had one win as significant as Rick's over the 2000 Miami team, and that game was a great display of coaching. He absolutely had Washington ready to play. I was there.

And it was a damn good team. They had a great O line that could run block on anybody, an NFL TE who could block and catch, and a QB who shit turds bigger than Jake's best. Anthony Vontoure starts in any Jimmy Lake D backfield, and Akbar and Williams probably do too. Same with Larry Tripplett. Nevermind Purdue. I'd take Rick N. and that 2000 Husky team against Pete's best and like my chances. They won a Rose Bowl. They played who they were asked to play and won. I only have to play the "what if Rick played Buck" game if you guys have to play the "What if Pete played 2000 Miami" game. Pete shits his pants in that game IMO; Rick was up for the challenge and outcoached Butch Davis.
    At the end of the day both 2000 and 2016 were legit top 4 teams in the country. And they could only play the teams on the schedule. Ricky got Purdue in Pasadena and won. Toothy got Satan in Atlanta and lost. On a neutral field it’s probably a coin flip between the two squads IMO.
    2016 would either win in a blowout or 2000 would win in a nailbiter. Nothing in between.
    I’ve always said 2016 would win easily. The 2000 team wouldn’t be able to complete a pass besides a couple to Stevens.
    2000 team had Tui. You? had Brownsocks. At the most important position on the field, 2000 has 2016 by an immeasurable distance.

Vita and Greg would have single handidly blown up the triple option the 2000 team kept running.

Marques fakes the dive, goes down the line sees Victor and Bierra ready to take him down for a 3 yard loss and if he tries to pitch it to the rb, Budda is ready to tackle him for a 5 yard loss.

It's not an irrational take. But you are glossing over a lot of good O lineman on the 2000 team, a great QB who had a few more tricks in his bag than pitching the ball, and the effects of a talented, mean and aggressive defense on a QB who couldn't keep his pants clean under pressure (from far lesser opponents), and the 2000 defense would have supplied some.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,710
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

whlinder said:

And yet somehow 2000 beat 2000 the U which was slightly more talented than 2016 Washington.

Slightly.

This is a fair rebuttal. The 2000 team always found a way. There are still so many spots they would seemingly get destroyed by the 2016 team.

We crushed teams running the ball with Sample and Dissly. The 2016 defense is way better than 2000. Triplett, Pharms, Daniels, and Akbar are the only guys that could start on the 2016 team.
    Vontoure.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,687
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Ima Ride-or-Die with the 2000 team. They could handle the pressure and dish it out. Tui had too many talents and that Jordan-esque will to win. 2000 was the last of the BAMF defenses from the 90s.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

And yet somehow 2000 beat 2000 the U which was slightly more talented than 2016 Washington.

Slightly.

This is a fair rebuttal. The 2000 team always found a way. There are still so many spots they would seemingly get destroyed by the 2016 team.

We crushed teams running the ball with Sample and Dissly. The 2016 defense is way better than 2000. Triplett, Pharms, Daniels, and Akbar are the only guys that could start on the 2016 team.
    Vontoure.
    Over Jones and King?
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    dnc said:

pawz said:

Ima Ride-or-Die with the 2000 team. They could handle the pressure and dish it out. Tui had too many talents and that Jordan-esque will to win. 2000 was the last of the BAMF defenses from the 90s.

That defense was pretty good butt far from BAMF.

2016 was a much better defense.

dnc said:

godawgst said:

dnc said:

LebamDawg said:

guntlove said:

Me.

Mario won a rosebowel...
    Pete lost a Rose Bowel

and a Fiesta Bowel

and a Peach Bowel

This to say about that.

It's not an irrational take. But you are glossing over a lot of good O lineman on the 2000 team, a great QB who had a few more tricks in his bag than pitching the ball, and the effects of a talented, mean and aggressive defense on a QB who couldn't keep his pants clean under pressure (from far lesser opponents), and the 2000 defense would have supplied some.
    The argument for 2000 is Tui versus Browning.

The argument for 2016 is everyone else.

It would be a really chinteresting matchup.
    2000 play under pressure>>>2016 play under pressure

I take mental toughness over talent every. day. of the week.

2000 had it in spades, it was a muscle exercised week in and week out. they knew they would overcome.

no better example in my lifetim than the last 1:04 of '00 Stanford (i know, not defense, but still ..)
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

godawgst said:

dnc said:

LebamDawg said:

guntlove said:

Me.

Mario won a rosebowel...
    Pete lost a Rose Bowel

and a Fiesta Bowel

and a Peach Bowel

This to say about that.

A already covered Tui versus Browning.

2000 was clutch because Tui was clutch. 2016 was not because Browning was Brownsox.

Tha's why I said 2000 wins any close game but 2016 wins the blowouts.
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

dnc said:

LebamDawg said:

guntlove said:

Me.

Mario won a rosebowel...
    Pete lost a Rose Bowel

and a Fiesta Bowel

and a Peach Bowel

This to say about that.

2000 was clutch because Tui was clutch. 2016 was not because Browning was Brownsox.

poont of order: I'm talking the under on whatever percentage of gaymes you think would be a blowout
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    pawz said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

dnc said:

LebamDawg said:

guntlove said:

Me.

Mario won a rosebowel...
    Pete lost a Rose Bowel

and a Fiesta Bowel

and a Peach Bowel

This to say about that.

poont of order: I'm talking the under on whatever percentage of gaymes you think would be a blowout
    If they played 10 times the o/u is 5 2016 blowouts and 5 2000 squeekers