Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pole Tim: You're highest level of football played

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    JuCo/Small College
    Gladstone said:

wobidbus said:

Via a friend's dad who played, WWU wanted me to try out but I chose drinking Busch Lite. Where is WWU's football team now? Busch was clearly the correct institution to side with.

Or maybe WWU would still have a team if you had joined.
    WWU abandoning football was a harbinger
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    High School
    dnc said:

Flag football in an intramural league.

LOL same.

We were first loosers and I lead the league in TDs.

I was a real Steve Largent, Wayne Chrebet, Wes Welker type.
    Joe Jeravicius?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Flag football in an intramural league.

LOL same.

We were first loosers and I lead the league in TDs.

I was a real Steve Largent, Wayne Chrebet, Wes Welker type.
    Joe Jeravicius?
    TOO TALL
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    Swaye's Wigwam
    High School

I think I graduated high school 135lbs.

youmesame.gif

I started my senior season at 162 pounds--heaviest I would be until the beer and soul-crushing Husky fandom pushed me over the edge in my mid-thirties. I ended that season (and graduated) at 145, after 17 pounds of injury-related muscle atrophy. I was small but at least looked like a football player in August. Looked like a little dork wiener in December.

Freshman football was my pinnacle. The last play I remember was trying to bull rush a future UW guard who outweighed me by 70 pounds. The concussion made me hazy, but our coach was nice enough to show the replay to the whole team in film review. Big belly laughs all around. I'd never seen anyone fly five yards backwards before, or since. I'm thankful to him for crushing any football delusions I may have had early in the process.

youmesame.gif

Highlight of senior season team film review was the time I was chasing a play from behind on the sideline and the 270 pound tight end turned around to seal me off. Stupidly figured my full head of steam would make up for his 100 pounds. The camera was panning, following the play. My collision with this dude happened in about the middle of the screen. I did not land in frame... Whole room sounded like that picture of Browning being flipped/spun looked. Whole bunch of "OH, SHIT!" and "DUUUUUUUDE!" Coach rewound and played it back a lot of times. By request.

I feel sorry for guys who grew up to be great athletes playing on awesome teams. How boring later in life! Being a shitty midget on a shitty team makes for way better stories decades later.
    I was just slow strategy to the max physically developing. My frame didn't stop growing until I was 30 or so.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter
    Janet Reno
    Laocoön said:

I received a few letters to small schools for basketball (Seamount all leaguer), but followed a girl to Udub & became an IMA Legend in my own mind.

What happened with you and the girl?