Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UTE game now at 4:30 on ABC

2»

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Scouting report for the Utah game (via their bored); player’s PFF scores from the USC game.

A grade of 85 or higher is an NFL-caliber rating, while a grade between 84-80 is considered “very good.” Anything from 79-70 is "above average" and 69-60 is considered "average." Below average grades range from 50-60, and anything below 50 is considered "poor." Each player begins with a 60 grade and then their grade goes up or down from there.

Defense:

DE Maxs Tupai - 85.8

LB Devin Lloyd - 78.4

LB Nephi Sewell - 72.2

LB Sione Fotu - 71.0

DT Viane Moala - 70.8

S Vonte Davis - 68.0

CB Clark Phillips - 58.5

S Nate Ritchie - 53.7

CB JaTravis Broughton - 53.0

DE Mika Tafua - 51.4

DT Hauauti Pututao - 46.8

DT Pita Tonga - 38.6

So the Jon Don plan of runs up the middle and some deep hits outside should still be in effect.

Offense:

TE Dalton Kincaid - 72.0

WR Samson Nacua - 70.7

WR Solomon Enis - 66.3

TE Cole Fotheringham - 65.8

RB Ty Jordan - 63.5

C Orlando Umana - 43.4

QB Cameron Rising - 41.0 (injured for season)

OT Karen Kump - 39.3 (poor son of a bitch had a 0 pass grade, so he’ll be getting fucked Saturday)

The other 3 linemen were not listed, so maybe @backthepack can hook it up.

Their OL had a 48.4 run block grade and a 29.4 pass block grade.
  • Options

Scouting report for the Utah game (via their bored); player’s PFF scores from the USC game.

A grade of 85 or higher is an NFL-caliber rating, while a grade between 84-80 is considered “very good.” Anything from 79-70 is "above average" and 69-60 is considered "average." Below average grades range from 50-60, and anything below 50 is considered "poor." Each player begins with a 60 grade and then their grade goes up or down from there.

Defense:

DE Maxs Tupai - 85.8

LB Devin Lloyd - 78.4

LB Nephi Sewell - 72.2

LB Sione Fotu - 71.0

DT Viane Moala - 70.8

S Vonte Davis - 68.0

CB Clark Phillips - 58.5

S Nate Ritchie - 53.7

CB JaTravis Broughton - 53.0

DE Mika Tafua - 51.4

DT Hauauti Pututao - 46.8

DT Pita Tonga - 38.6

So the Jon Don plan of runs up the middle and some deep hits outside should still be in effect.

Offense:

TE Dalton Kincaid - 72.0

WR Samson Nacua - 70.7

WR Solomon Enis - 66.3

TE Cole Fotheringham - 65.8

RB Ty Jordan - 63.5

C Orlando Umana - 43.4

QB Cameron Rising - 41.0 (injured for season)

OT Karen Kump - 39.3 (poor son of a bitch had a 0 pass grade, so he’ll be getting fucked Saturday)

The other 3 linemen were not listed, so maybe @backthepack can hook it up.

Their OL had a 48.4 run block grade and a 29.4 pass block grade.
    Teams make their biggest jump in improvement between game 1 and game 2. We saw it with us last week against Arizona, and Utah's players will probably see improvements, too.

That said, they look somewhere between OSU and Arizona, and I'm guessing we'll be attacking the perimeter often given how their defense graded against USC.
    They were already the worst OL in the Pac-12 by far last year as well. They’re missing one of their starters Nick Ford as well.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Utah's defense should be better than Arizona's, consider USC put about 500 yards on AZ but less than 400 on UU.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Another comparison from Utah Boreds using PFF:

Ute lied and put their pass block grade from last year. Sad!

Here is this year’s grade. This is bad team. No excuse not to shit pump them.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I appreciate this comparison but what would it look like game one to game one? I think it would look a lot more even. After the first week we worried about the run defense and whether DM could throw well enough to break an eight man box. I think we all see a better Ute team on Saturday, although I'm skeptical that Bentley is good enough to beat the UW secondary. The electric 20-14 win will be special.
  • Options

I appreciate this comparison but what would it look like game one to game one? I think it would look a lot more even. After the first week we worried about the run defense and whether DM could throw well enough to break an eight man box. I think we all see a better Ute team on Saturday, although I'm skeptical that Bentley is good enough to beat the UW secondary. The electric 20-14 win will be special.
    We finished with about an 82 game grade against Oregon State. It wasn’t really that close of a game our special teams spotted them 10 points. Utah is a very bad team, they have a chance to be the worst team in the PAC-12 this year, they have little to no talent outside of Ty Jordan on offense.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

We finished with about an 82 game grade against Oregon State. It wasn’t really that close of a game our special teams spotted them 10 points. Utah is a very bad team, they have a chance to be the worst team in the PAC-12 this year, they have little to no talent outside of Ty Jordan on offense.

Gracias.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club