Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We're going to try an experiment for a few weeks

Comments

• Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    My prediction is the overall site page views will decrease, and the Tug page views will decrease at a higher rate than the overall site. Not saying that the overall experience for the average user won’t be better, don’t twist. I’m not a huge “Tugger”, but i do read the threads there a lot, and I’ve already caught myself clicking the “Recent Discussions” link and spending a few minutes there without remembering that the Tug isn’t included anymore.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

First they came for my recent discussions button, and I did nothing...

Why don’t you come after mark all viewed button?

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

FireCohen said:

First they came for my recent discussions button, and I did nothing...

Why don’t you come after mark all viewed button?

But first, @SimpleHTML
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

My prediction is the overall site page views will decrease, and the Tug page views will decrease at a higher rate than the overall site. Not saying that the overall experience for the average user won’t be better, don’t twist. I’m not a huge “Tugger”, but i do read the threads there a lot, and I’ve already caught myself clicking the “Recent Discussions” link and spending a few minutes there without remembering that the Tug isn’t included anymore.

I'm guessing a couple of weeks without being reminded that the Tug exists will make everyone here so much collectively smarter that everyone will just stop coming here altogether...

Dark days.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Didn’t even know there was a recent discussion button.

Is this a big deal?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
    Founders Club

Is this a big deal?

Only for those who use a PC. The button doesn't exist for smart phone and tablet users unless they utilize the full site option.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    About 40 % of our users primarily view on a PC, and 60% use smart phones and tablets.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

About 40 % of our users primarily view on a PC, and 60% use smart phones and tablets.

You’re not getting this kinda behind the scenes content at Doogman!
    In the middle of the store too
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

Is this a big deal?

Only for those who use a PC. The button doesn't exist for smart phone and tablet users unless they utilize the full site option.
    This isn't right. It exists for smartphone. It's the only way I keep accidentally hitting the damn thing. Like I just did.

• Options
    Founders Club

Is this a big deal?

This isn't right. It exists for smartphone. It's the only way I keep accidentally hitting the damn thing. Like I just did.

There's no recent discussions button there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is this a big deal?

"Mark all viewed" kill it with fire.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Is this a big deal?

"Mark all viewed" kill it with fire.
    And @SimpleHTML
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Is this a big deal?

That’s an awful button, I agree, but it’s different than the Recent Discussions button, which I love(d).

• Options
    Founders Club

Is this a big deal?

That’s an awful button, I agree, but it’s different than the Recent Discussions button, which I love(d).

I'm leaning toward linking it back with the Tug after the season. But I will take board's pulse first before deciding.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is this a big deal?

I'm leaning toward linking it back with the Tug after the season. But I will take board's pulse first before deciding.
    Replace "mark all read" with "recent discussion" on mobile and everyone's a winner.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Is this a big deal?

Replace "mark all read" with "recent discussion" on mobile and everyone's a winner.
    sensible ask
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Is this a big deal?

sensible ask
    If Vanilla was half a website this should be an easy fix.

I won't hold my breath.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Is this a big deal?

I wish I could. This is not a case of me being obstinate.
  • Options
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Is this a big deal?

sensible ask
    If Vanilla was half a website this should be an easy fix.

I won't hold my breath.
    Overall I am happy with Vanilla. I do not agree with calling them half a website.