Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tucker Carlson was insulting, demanding and rude

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Powell and Rudy are well past the point of put up or shut up. And I say that as someone who admires the work she did on the Flynn case.

Yes! Prove it in two weeks and prove your case to the biased media before court. How clownish.

Meanwhile, you did nothing as the Rats spent 3 years investigating Drumpf and Russia based on zero evidence. You get-along and play-along Bush-GOPers can go vote Rat.
    Presenting your evidence to Tucker is hardly proving your case to a biased media. She doesn't have to set forth her entire case but she needed to provide some evidence in support of her assertions. Tucker would have been a very friendly audience for that. You would have slaughtered any liberal who tried to pull the same act.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:
    How old is this picture? Fuck Me.

She almost looks fuckable in that shot. Not now.

Today she looks like an un-sliced loaf of wonder bread.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Powell and Rudy are well past the point of put up or shut up. And I say that as someone who admires the work she did on the Flynn case.

Yes! Prove it in two weeks and prove your case to the biased media before court. How clownish.

Meanwhile, you did nothing as the Rats spent 3 years investigating Drumpf and Russia based on zero evidence. You get-along and play-along Bush-GOPers can go vote Rat.
    Presenting your evidence to Tucker is hardly proving your case to a biased media. She doesn't have to set forth her entire case but she needed to provide some evidence in support of her assertions. Tucker would have been a very friendly audience for that. You would have slaughtered any liberal who tried to pull the same act.
    Yup agree 100%
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tucker wanted Powell to spill the beans on his show. He fucked up. It happens. Story isn’t going away
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Carlson has always been rude, insulting and demanding. Is this new?

It's what I've always liked about him. Come on guysm. There's a lot of bitching in the Tug about cutting through the bullshit and getting the straight straight.

If someone reporting the news is being honest and truthful, it stands to reason at some point they're going to tell you what you don't want to hear.

I have no idea of the validity of any of Trump's suits. I would expect they are taking a guerilla warfare, scorched earth, "sue everybody and every thing" approach. But I wouldn't begin to doubt or believe the merits.

I doubt Tucker sold out. Besides, he's WAY past the point of no return and will never be embraced by the left. He's a smart dude. He knows there's no place for him at MSN.

This is a problem. If it’s not what someone wants to hear, they dismiss it and/or make it out to be something different. They frame it the way they want it to be or when they can’t escape the truth, they point the finger at the other side for doing something worse. It seems very few want the truth unless the truth is what they want to hear. It’s not a left or right thing because both do it.
    I agree except there is a difference. Regular conservatives and classical liberals (like Brett Weinstein) are reasonable people who want the truth. The left and the far right are the ones that are throwing the childish tantrums that are so disappointing and damaging.
    Agreed. Fine people on both sides. Douche canoes on both sides.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sadly these guys represent a large swath of the right wing movement. It’s not going to stop when Trump leaves office. I bet it’ll actually get more energy.

Pizzagate, Seth Rich, Obama’s birth certificate, Michelle Obama being a man, Qanon... All of these insane conspiracy theories are incredibly popular on the right and incredibly dangerous. We have a political movement that is becoming increasingly detached from reality and this election is only going to drive them further into their derangement. It doesn’t help that the current figurehead of the party is conspiracy nut himself and is beloved by the worst parts of the right. The militia nuts and the white nationalist crazies are already going nuts over the reality that is setting in. The next few years could be pretty ugly. I’m more than happy to be wrong about this but I bet some shit is going to go down.
    edited November 2020
    Tucker does a 180* turn tonight. I wonder what he has seen, do You?

https://youtu.be/-I-fqDf62tI

doogie said:

Didn’t listen all the way through for no good reason.

Honest question. Assuming this isn’t the first time we’ve used electronic voting, why do we now care so much about its vulnerabilities?

I remember hanging chads. I don’t remember this being a big area of focus before.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,479
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
    Actually dems focused on it and complained about it quite a bit. Elizabeth Warren was one of them. PBS, NYT and several others did articles on vulnerabilities, cheating possibilities.

In person unless disabled with ID on paper ballots. That's what we need.
    Sledog said:

Actually dems focused on it and complained about it quite a bit. Elizabeth Warren was one of them. PBS, NYT and several others did articles on vulnerabilities, cheating possibilities.

So the DNC pointed out vulnerability before the election. And, what. Trump waited to lose before expressing concern?

Would it have been an issue if the outcome were different?

Sledog said:

So the DNC pointed out vulnerability before the election. And, what. Trump waited to lose before expressing concern?

How could he change it? The left didn't think they needed to go this far in '16. They pulled out all the stops this year. Odd every swing state quite counting once Trump was out to a large unexpected lead? All had observer issues, one a fake pipe break, one said counting was over for the night sent observers home but they all kept counting. And during this time is when massive numbers of Biden only votes showed up. Over 100k all for Biden on a few instances. Sound normal? Not to me.
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

How could he change it? The left didn't think they needed to go this far in '16. They pulled out all the stops this year. Odd every swing state quite counting once Trump was out to a large unexpected lead? All had observer issues, one a fake pipe break, one said counting was over for the night sent observers home but they all kept counting. And during this time is when massive numbers of Biden only votes showed up. Over 100k all for Biden on a few instances. Sound normal? Not to me.
    I’m not jumping into all that. We have different standards for what each of us counts as something he thinks he knows as a fact. I have absolutely no idea about any of that. If it’s there, I assume Trump’s team of lawyers will be able to make something of it in court.

I’m talking about why electronic voting is an issue now. If it is, wasn’t it an issue in 2016? B4? Or are the democrats the only guys who know how to and willing to fuck around with the machines? No dirty Rs out there? Seems implausible.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    He didn't 180 at all, he just wanted Powell not to run and hide.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658

doogie said:

Honest question. Assuming this isn’t the first time we’ve used electronic voting, why do we now care so much about its vulnerabilities?

I remember hanging chads. I don’t remember this being a big area of focus before.
    Well, we've had many things in our history that didn't work correctly and took time to improve, if not perfect.

Kids used to go through windows of cars all the time. We improved the cars and added seatbelts. Then airbags. Then carseats.

You know, to improve known hazards and risks.

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I’m not jumping into all that. We have different standards for what each of us counts as something he thinks he knows as a fact. I have absolutely no idea about any of that. If it’s there, I assume Trump’s team of lawyers will be able to make something of it in court.

I’m talking about why electronic voting is an issue now. If it is, wasn’t it an issue in 2016? B4? Or are the democrats the only guys who know how to and willing to fuck around with the machines? No dirty Rs out there? Seems implausible.
    Agree but there has been any evidence dug up in the voting data like there is this time. But we don't know if anyone really examined it. Needs looking into as more than half the country says they don't trust it.

Sledog said:

Trump tried to bring it up about six months ago. Bannon went public saying the Issue is a guaranteed loser for Trump and that he should stick with his main messages. Trump dropped it like a hot potato and here we are!

doogie said:

Well, we've had many things in our history that didn't work correctly and took time to improve, if not perfect.

Kids used to go through windows of cars all the time. We improved the cars and added seatbelts. Then airbags. Then carseats.

You know, to improve known hazards and risks.

Sure. We're just at a natural "improve society for all of us" inflexion point on electronic voter machines.

Like I said, I have no idea what went on here or there and to what degree and who it helped. None. I also doubt anyone here does either. Like I said, pay someone well to audit the thing. Absent that, if there was massive voter fraud this time, then I'm going to assume it wasn't the first time, and it wasn't just for this one candidate.
    doogie said:

Sledog said:

Trump tried to bring it up about six months ago. Bannon went public saying the Issue is a guaranteed loser for Trump and that he should stick with his main messages. Trump dropped it like a hot potato and here we are!
    Yeah, six months ago.

Like I said, if we do, in fact, have this issue in our country, then I'll assume until it's established otherwise that it happens in every election and that the cheating goes back and forth. Either that, or the entire political and judicial machinery is just against Trump, which I don't believe. I certainly know people who do. Lots and lots of them.
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Agree but there has been any evidence dug up in the voting data like there is this time. But we don't know if anyone really examined it. Needs looking into as more than half the country says they don't trust it.
    Agree with looking into it. Disagree with "this time." Trump has done a lot of good things. But he comes across to me pretty clearly as a guy who will do what he has to do to get from point A to B, regardless of what it is.