Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jordan Happle named Pac12 Defensive Player of the Week

Comments

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Lol, he’s a liability so chip ran c gap right at him.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    lawsandl said:

I’ve taken to calling him Jordan Crapple.

This is why these awards are useless, they saw the stat line with 11 tackles and the pick six. What they didn’t see was the 11 missed tackles and that the pick six was courtesy of a floating ball on an ill advised pass caused by the QB getting smeared. I will give Happle credit for outrunning a dude for the TD.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    lawsandl said:

If you’re targeting a safety in your run game, it’s not the safety having a bad game.

lawsandl said:

If you’re targeting a safety in your run game, it’s not the safety having a bad game.

He was the boundary safety in our nickel defense. He’s essentially a 2nd level defender.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

lawsandl said:

You’re both kind of right. Everyone had a bad game. But Happle plays that role in Avalos’ defense where he needs to stop the run. Look at how many tackles Holland and Breeze had last year, that was by design.

Chip has lost a step or ten, but he knew if they ran it to that zone they would have success. Chip literally studied which way the other team’s back up NT took his first step when there was motion to the left and called plays accordingly. I have zero doubt he wanted to run at Happle’s responsibility. Happle and Funa, both shit so far in 2020, all of a sudden combine for 20 tackles.

lawsandl said:

You’re both kind of right. Everyone had a bad game. But Happle plays that role in Avalos’ defense where he needs to stop the run. Look at how many tackles Holland and Breeze had last year, that was by design.

Chip has lost a step or ten, but he knew if they ran it to that zone they would have success. Chip literally studied which way the other team’s back up NT took his first step when there was motion to the left and called plays accordingly. I have zero doubt he wanted to run at Happle’s responsibility. Happle and Funa, both shit so far in 2020, all of a sudden combine for 20 tackles.
    Funa is out of shape. He ate his way through quarantine.

On the couple of occasions it was Happle, Funa and Cunningham at ILB...ooof.

Happle played paddy cake with his defender never trying to force the play inside and engage his blocker or even scrape over the top and Cunningham tried to short arm tackle.

Demmo is having to clean it up over there.

I want to see Stephen at boundary safety. Hopefully Funa can condition himself in the next few weeks.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020
    All the evidence you need that these "awards" are a fucking joke. You caught an infield fly and out ran the fat kids: POTW. Now about those 65 other snaps.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Happle played paddy cake with his defender never trying to force the play inside and engage his blocker or even scrape over the top and Cunningham tried to short arm tackle.

I want to see Stephen at boundary safety. Hopefully Funa can condition himself in the next few weeks.
    S is the new ILB bugaboo position. 2 seniors and a Jr and they're all ass.

I can never remember the attribution for "We might be small, but we're slow". Churchill?

When you miss Brady Breeze, you're fuct.

Anyway, the real issue isn't the back 7, losing Graham, Breeze and Holland was always going to destroy hopes at being an elite secondary, but that's no excuse for this bullshit coward coaching from Avalos in the run fits. Dude is coaching like a bitch.
    dtd said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

S is the new ILB bugaboo position. 2 seniors and a Jr and they're all ass.

I can never remember the attribution for "We might be small, but we're slow". Churchill?

When you miss Brady Breeze, you're fuct.

Anyway, the real issue isn't the back 7, losing Graham, Breeze and Holland was always going to destroy hopes at being an elite secondary, but that's no excuse for this bullshit coward coaching from Avalos in the run fits. Dude is coaching like a bitch.
    It doesn’t help that we’ve been down 1.5 safeties the past two games. Happle would’ve been the 4th option in a normal year. So, in that regard he deserves some credit.

Today they had him at #2 nickel back in practice. Hoping they figured out Williams is the better option.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Nobody on that def deserves def player of the week