Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tucker Carlson was insulting, demanding and rude

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Substantial to whom?

What has been shared?

What hasn’t?

Why are you in such a hurry?

What are you afraid of?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tucker has always been hard on the "donor class" GOP and what we now commonly call the deep state. He's right about the two parties being one in the DC power center. He has DNC guests on and some interesting debate. That's why I watched.

ATBS

He's not going to stake his reputation on the word of the Kraken or Lin Wood. I wouldn't either. I'd love it if it was all true but it has to be something 81% o the people can sink their teeth into. Time is running out

And FOX signed up Tucker to try to keep some of the massive audience bleed they are going through. We'll see

This whole voting affair should be treated with the utmost critical thought by journalists. The stakes are too high to take Trump at his word, or to dismiss it completely. After watching that Tucker bit last night, I think that's where he's at.

I give zero fucks whether Ms. Powell's feelings were hurt.

I do love her voice though.
    It's been 2.5 weeks and they have not shared any substantial that would overturn the election. If it's not time to dismiss it, when will it?
    My mind is made up, but that's complete inconsequential. When's the electoral college? Dec. 12-ish? Then.

Trump has the right to play it out in court. Anything you might want to do to stop that would be worse than the problem.

The burden of @proof is on Team Trump. The election is valid until shown otherwise.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tucker has always been hard on the "donor class" GOP and what we now commonly call the deep state. He's right about the two parties being one in the DC power center. He has DNC guests on and some interesting debate. That's why I watched.

ATBS

He's not going to stake his reputation on the word of the Kraken or Lin Wood. I wouldn't either. I'd love it if it was all true but it has to be something 81% o the people can sink their teeth into. Time is running out

And FOX signed up Tucker to try to keep some of the massive audience bleed they are going through. We'll see

This whole voting affair should be treated with the utmost critical thought by journalists. The stakes are too high to take Trump at his word, or to dismiss it completely. After watching that Tucker bit last night, I think that's where he's at.

This sums up my feelings on the matter precisely. If it it's there, I want to see it and have it see the light of day. If it's not there, then STFU until you have something.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

ATBS

It's been 2.5 weeks and they have not shared any substantial that would overturn the election. If it's not time to dismiss it, when will it?
    My mind is made up, but that's complete inconsequential. When's the electoral college? Dec. 12-ish? Then.

Trump has the right to play it out in court. Anything you might want to do to stop that would be worse than the problem.

The burden of @proof is on Team Trump. The election is valid until shown otherwise.
    I agree. He's not obliged to acknowledge Biden's win until the states certify their elections, and he goes through all the legal challenges at his disposal.

It makes him a cunty sore loser, IMO, but that's his right.

Plus, it keeps the losing going on for weeks - which I find delightful. Because of the TDS.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ATBS

Exactly. Nothing screams innocence more than "Don't sue me!!!"
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fair and balanced from the IE rag online

Standard Supporter

ATBS

Exactly. Nothing screams innocence more than "Don't sue me!!!"
    That, and somehow denying due process under law to an alleged aggrieved party is as much an attack on the republic as voting issues.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2 weeks to flatten er prove the case

https://newsmax.com/politics/sidney-powell-maria-bartiromo-election-trump/2020/11/20/id/998020/

"We have more evidence now than the present population is imprisoned on," Powell told Fox Business' Maria Bartiromo, while laughing off a statement from Dominion Voting Systems denying the attorneys' claim that the company's software was used to pull votes away from President Donald Trump and give them to Democrat challenger Joe Biden, and that the company had ties to Venezuela.

"All I can tell you is that well, the company might have somehow severed or tried to sever the relationships recently, I don’t know how they are parsing their words, but I can tell you that the company was started with Venezuelan money in Venezuela for the express purpose of rigging elections for Hugo Chavez," Powell said.

She also claimed that there were people who were "in the control room" and how they "watched how the votes" were flipped in real time.

Writing big checks.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And the old double reverse grift. Team Biden wanting some of that cash

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dflea said:

ATBS

I agree. He's not obliged to acknowledge Biden's win until the states certify their elections, and he goes through all the legal challenges at his disposal.

It makes him a cunty sore loser, IMO, but that's his right.

Plus, it keeps the losing going on for weeks - which I find delightful. Because of the TDS.
    Watching the GOP infighting of these last two weeks has been great theatre. Throw in the Rudy variety hour/clown show and the unhinged Twitter Trump rants, and it even beats the long liberal mourning of 2016 and the accompanied march of a million pussy hats.

Right now we're somewhere between denial and anger in the five step process. @Sources are telling me the bargaining phase is going to be epic.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654

ATBS

Do me like a DAWG!

(Read that in Sydney Powell's voice).
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Why is the left rioting and looting exactly?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    Founders Club

Carlson has always been rude, insulting and demanding. Is this new?

It's what I've always liked about him. Come on guysm. There's a lot of bitching in the Tug about cutting through the bullshit and getting the straight straight.

If someone reporting the news is being honest and truthful, it stands to reason at some point they're going to tell you what you don't want to hear.

I have no idea of the validity of any of Trump's suits. I would expect they are taking a guerilla warfare, scorched earth, "sue everybody and every thing" approach. But I wouldn't begin to doubt or believe the merits.

I doubt Tucker sold out. Besides, he's WAY past the point of no return and will never be embraced by the left. He's a smart dude. He knows there's no place for him at MSN.

This is a problem. If it’s not what someone wants to hear, they dismiss it and/or make it out to be something different. They frame it the way they want it to be or when they can’t escape the truth, they point the finger at the other side for doing something worse. It seems very few want the truth unless the truth is what they want to hear. It’s not a left or right thing because both do it.
    I agree except there is a difference. Regular conservatives and classical liberals (like Brett Weinstein) are reasonable people who want the truth. The left and the far right are the ones that are throwing the childish tantrums that are so disappointing and damaging.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    edited November 2020
    There are strange events large anomalies that are easy to see. They won't let anyone look at anything. Want it to end faster then allow access. Want to drag it out because you've been caught makes it take longer.

If Joe really won why doesn't he want anyone to look at the votes? He should be all in. But he knows where they came from and they didn't come from actual voters.

How did the repubs win all the toss ups and flip seat in congress? All of those repubs voted for Slo Joe? Fucking BS.

Half the nation thinks it's been stolen. That's a lot of fucking people.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Trump refusing to concede + Biden not backing down is the best possible outcome for the United States and the rest of the World.

America should use this opportunity to dismantle the System that brought it Convid 1984, purge all government officials from top to bottom, as the "Elections" system is compromised, and reshuffle International Alliances in preparation for the coming Wars.

Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, etc. are not America's friends and allies. They are part of the Fourth Reich System of Medical Tyranny.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

Powell and Rudy are well past the point of put up or shut up. And I say that as someone who admires the work she did on the Flynn case.

Exactly I admired them both, but this is frustrating. Shit or get off the pot.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

Powell and Rudy are well past the point of put up or shut up. And I say that as someone who admires the work she did on the Flynn case.

Yes! Prove it in two weeks and prove your case to the biased media before court. How clownish.

Meanwhile, you did nothing as the Rats spent 3 years investigating Drumpf and Russia based on zero evidence. You get-along and play-along Bush-GOPers can go vote Rat.
    Standard Supporter
    Trump has lost the Washington Examiner
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/its-time-for-trump-to-concede-and-move-on

When President Trump refused to concede the election to Joe Biden in the immediate aftermath of Nov. 3, we argued that he had the right to mount legal challenges if he believed there had been irregularities, mistakes, fraud, or all three. Democratic objections and outrage were as hypocritical as they were inevitable, coming as they did from a corps that refused to accept the 2016 election result not for days, weeks, or even months, but for four years.

But although fair-minded people know there are legitimate procedures for litigation, and that these should be allowed to play out, there is also wisdom in the phrase, “put up or shut up.” If you are going to mount legal challenges and allege on national television that there has been massive and systematic election fraud, you had better provide evidence in addition to assertion. Trump’s legal team has not done that.

When more than 150 million voters participate in an election in 50 states that, in our federal system, decide their own rules for balloting and vote counting, there are bound to be irregularities and mistakes, even if there isn’t fraud. And, contrary to what Democrats repeatedly say, there have been plenty of well-documented cases of fraud in elections over the years. Doubtless, there was some of it this year, too.

But not remotely enough to change the result. The vast spread of American democracy, which makes error and malfeasance inevitable, also makes it plain that neither of these regrettable concomitants of mass voting robbed Trump of victory. No fraud or error produced tens of thousands of additional votes for Biden in battleground states.