Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Your longest plane ride ever (travel dick measuring thread)?

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If we’re counting layovers, I flew Seattle to Minnesota to St. Louis to LAX to Alaska to Japan to Seoul because the Army.

Longest straight flight was either Frankfurt to SeaTac or Frankfurt to Chicago but with a thunderstorm and 2-3 hours of holding pattern followed by a stop in Toronto where we weren’t allowed to deplane.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Los Angles to Tahiti 4,108 miles 8hrs 43 mins

The trip back add 3.5 hours of sitting on the tarmac because of a fuel strike.

Frankfurt to San Francisco 5691 miles 11 hrs 25 minutes

Seattle to Tokyo 4777 9 hrs 54 minutes

Best Flight;

Oakland to Pittsburgh (small airport just outside), and back.
    It was on the companies corporate jet. I've never seen so much alcohol consumed on one flight, and it was only 8 people.

Scariest flight;

North Arkansas airport to San Francisco

We sat on the ground as a big storm passed over. When we took off the pilot was swerving through the clouds as lighting was flashing all around us.

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

SFO to Singapore 8446 miles, 17 hours. 5 drinks, 5 movies

i did the same flight and did it in business class on singapore air (nbd) probably had 3 slings before taekoff.

i dont recall going through customs in sing and almost missed the return flight cause i was pounding johnnie gold in the sing air lounge at 6am.

i havent flown 1st on sing/emirates/etc but air travel is pretty much downhill once you fly biz on a non-us carrier.
    Agreed, flew business class and as an added bonus I was treated like VIP royalty on my return flight because *tip to travellers on long flights* I still had like $80 in Singapore currency that I decided to spend at Starbucks at the Singapore airport on French style pastries for the crew... The starbucks people were thrilled with the idea so they threw in another 4 pastries [signapore is just like paris when it comes to gorgeous pastries] so I wound up with like 12 cool offerings for the large number of crew on the Dreamliner flight. Yes, the drinks were on the house.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I think @swaye is gonna win this one though.

Nope. Hell you beat me. Longest single leg for me is LAX to Sydney. That said, it was 5.5 hrs to LAX from IAD (DC) with a layover. Painful.

One year, 2017 I believe, I did the IAD to Tokyo (15 hours just shy of LAX-SYD I believe) to Singapore and back flight THREE FUCKING TIMS!!!!!

It's 15 hours direct from Dulles to Tokyo, 5 hour layover, then another 7 to Singapore. It's 33 hours from home to hotel, and then do it all again in reverse 5 days later. And I did it 3 fucking tims in a calendar year. Lucky for me United splits that route with ANA, so at least on some legs I had hot Japanese geisha girls. Needless to say, I was Platinum 1K that year. I also did it all in lay flats in business class. Doing that flight back to back in coach is suicide worthy.
    What did you fly, and what was its fuel range? F15?
    F18

About 500-600 miles depending on how you throttled it. It is not known for its legs.
    Your past life was pretty epic.

From cockpit to cockroach, it's sad to see how far @Swaye has fallen.
    Kimosabe loves some cock
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

4,835 miles

Seattle to Copenhagen

Something is rotten in a dirty rainy afternoon in Denmark?
    two-hour layover followed by a flight to De Gaulle in Paris
    I don’t think I’m allowed at De Gaulle anymore. The de_Jour sisters may or may not have set off a “minor” security incident in the main terminal.
    Okay, you can't leave us hanging like that.

There's a great story there. Deserves own thread.
    One day. When you’re older.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

An entire thread on airline travel and not a damned Mile High Club story.

Fuck all y'all.

I’ll be able to contribute more in the upcoming train ride thread.
    Same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nv9cvWfSLc
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck all y'all.

Are you 6'5" or not @PurpleThrobber ?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653

Fuck all y'all.

Yes - and fuck those airline bathrooms where the fuselage curves in and you have to take a pee all bent off to one side or the other.

• alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fuck all y'all.

Yes - and fuck those airline bathrooms where the fuselage curves in and you have to take a pee all bent off to one side or the other.

It's the drunk guy balancing system. Lean head against wall, then pee.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Fuck all y'all.

Yeah, I’ve always been curious how the Mile High Club happens for anyone that’s taller than average. Plus public restrooms (nevermind *airplane* restrooms) are disgusting.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuck all y'all.

Yeah, I’ve always been curious how the Mile High Club happens for anyone that’s taller than average. Plus public restrooms (nevermind *airplane* restrooms) are disgusting.
    Exactly, how anyone thinks that is a cool idea is beyond me. Having "secret" sex in the seat row on the other hand sounds like fun.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653

Fuck all y'all.

A redeye flight and a blanket are preferred.