Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Libertarian Public Health

Comments

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

hardhat said:

doogie said:

I’ve used a mask in stores and entering restaurants since July just to avoid interaction with Karen.

It’s the same mask. Sort of looks like that tshirt you’ve been fishing or hunting in for a week. Does the trick.

My mask is getting kind of stanky. Probably need to run that bad boy through the sanitize cycle. I put it on while in the store - but it's off by the time the automatic doors are opening.

About 50/50 on wearing it between leaving my seat in the bar and making it out the door. I crop dust more people in those 20 feet runs than infect with the Vid, quite honestly.

#beerfarts

I do wonder if farts can spread the virus.
    Maybe your being sarcastic, but there was an article about that in the spring.
    Thanks Taft
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    hardhat said:

doogie said:

I’ve used a mask in stores and entering restaurants since July just to avoid interaction with Karen.

It’s the same mask. Sort of looks like that tshirt you’ve been fishing or hunting in for a week. Does the trick.

My mask is getting kind of stanky. Probably need to run that bad boy through the sanitize cycle. I put it on while in the store - but it's off by the time the automatic doors are opening.

About 50/50 on wearing it between leaving my seat in the bar and making it out the door. I crop dust more people in those 20 feet runs than infect with the Vid, quite honestly.

#beerfarts

If so, The Throbber is a walking superspreader event.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,102
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The family had become in effect an extension of the Thought Police. It was a device by means of which everyone could be surrounded night and day by informers who knew him intimately.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020
    hardhat said:

hardhat said:

doogie said:

#beerfarts

Maybe your being sarcastic, but there was an article about that in the spring.
    Thanks Taft
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/04/27/can-farts-transmit-covid-19-coronavirus-here-is-what-is-being-said/
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Whether you think lockdown shit is a good idea or not, executing those orders by executive fiat without addressing the core civil liberty issues is fucked up, especially whilst sidelining the legislature (hi Jay). Furthermore, it's a huge problem that a large chunk of the population has just accepted it.

#winning
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    I only wear a mask if I want to go to Costco. I now use a bandana as it's much easier to breathe with it. I slide it down all the time once I'm in. No one says anything here. Just went out for lunch with the wife. The place was busy and not a mask in sight. People here say Fuck off Governor Little!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

LebamDawg said:

On rare occasions I wear a mask - at the pharmacy usually but no where else.
    Was at a store getting paint and paint stuff, 75% wearing masks, all young'uns wearing masks though.

This dude goes by me and the mrs "oh no not wearing masks" - all I did was mention how observant he is.

Other than that no one has said or done anything about me being a maskhole

AND NOW THE ENTIRE COUNTRY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN
    is there any other way?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470

LebamDawg said:

On rare occasions I wear a mask - at the pharmacy usually but no where else.
    Was at a store getting paint and paint stuff, 75% wearing masks, all young'uns wearing masks though.

This dude goes by me and the mrs "oh no not wearing masks" - all I did was mention how observant he is.

Other than that no one has said or done anything about me being a maskhole

AND NOW THE ENTIRE COUNTRY NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN
    There is an election they are busy stealing. They don't want people out. They might be surprised how many people are out if they pull this off! Oh and they won't like what they do but hopefully they won't live in fear long.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter

Right wing libertarianism has never worked.

Where was it tried?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Whether you think lockdown shit is a good idea or not, executing those orders by executive fiat without addressing the core civil liberty issues is fucked up, especially whilst sidelining the legislature (hi Jay). Furthermore, it's a huge problem that a large chunk of the population has just accepted it.

And an also large chunk of the population is cheerleading for it. Hi @HHusky

Why did we fight and die to win independence for this thing called liberty so a bunch of self entitled pussies could come along 250 years later and tell us to give it all away because SCIENCE? Fucking disgrace. Civil liberties do not apply to business owners, only gay people and blacks, evidently.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

And an also large chunk of the population is cheerleading for it. Hi @HHusky

Why did we fight and die to win independence for this thing called liberty so a bunch of self entitled pussies could come along 250 years later and tell us to give it all away because SCIENCE? Fucking disgrace. Civil liberties do not apply to business owners, only gay people and blacks, evidently.
    Liberty to spread viruses. Bill of Rights or Declaration of Independence?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Since the founders could not have envisioned wet markets in China there is nothing to stop the government from taking your guns

Since the founders could not have envisioned wet markets in China there is nothing to stop the government from taking your guns

So nothing.

Thought so.

HHusky said:

New York has 287 deaths per 100,000 population. North Dakota has 97 and you think North Dakota is the problem.

NY State does not have a death rate of 287 per 100K. It has a death rate of 175 per 100K. ND is closing the gap very rapidly.
    Maff

175 > 97

m'kay, dazzler?

And 176 > 109 too.

But the comparison isn’t aging well for you. Shrinkage.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

New York has 287 deaths per 100,000 population. North Dakota has 97 and you think North Dakota is the problem.

NY State does not have a death rate of 287 per 100K. It has a death rate of 175 per 100K. ND is closing the gap very rapidly.
    Maff

175 > 97

m'kay, dazzler?

And 176 > 109 too.

But the comparison isn’t aging well for you. Shrinkage.
    5 days late response- Dazzler still a maff dumbfuck.