Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I think people are dreaming if they believe this Duck team is going to win the Conference

13»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

lawsandl said:

Nice bump. After watching the mighty Pac12, I am not sure who will beat Oregon.

I am sure as hell not afraid of UW and Cal anymore.

I think UW/Oregon has the makings of another good game. Let's see how UW looks playing someone other than Beav.

The Oregon win on the road, despite the first half give aways, probably feels better than it should because Oregon has had a Coug problem. But it's still Cuog. The Stanford win probably says more.

I guess people are saying UCLA is better now all of a sudden. Who knows? But Cal is garbage. I think Oregon and UW have each other and that's about it.

Can Lake sufficiently translate Duck hate to the current UW roster? We shall see.
    Agree on: Donovan went for the power run 75% of the time because Beav can’t stop it. Not going to keep that ratio against a team with a semblance of a DL.

Disagree: Coug win was more important than Stanford. With all the DBs opted out and suspended or coronatined keeping them under 30 points with -3 turnovers is a win. Troubling that half of the defense consists of human traffic cones, but hopefully that’s enough to get to the Fiesta Bowel and give BYU some Cuban balls to the face.
    That's fair. I hadn't realized how many people were out for that game.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've seen Oregon twice and Washington once and nobody else up north matters

Neither team is getting to the playoffs. PLAYOFFS?

But I do expect them to play for the North and the winner to beat USC for the title

Oregon looks better now. Shcuk getting over three turnovers to lead the ducks to victory on the road where they hadn't won since Len Cassanova was impressive

We'll know more about UW after this weeks game is cancelled.

Right now Oregon is a 13 point favorite over UW at home
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

But I do expect them to play for the North and the winner to beat USC for the title

Oregon looks better now. Shcuk getting over three turnovers to lead the ducks to victory on the road where they hadn't won since Len Cassanova was impressive

Be chintresting to see how committed Donovan/Lake are to that power running game. That can help you on the road. Agree with the hot take in the DAWG thread that they need get the Tumwater T-Bird involved in the passing game. Those are easy confidence-building throws.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Be chintresting to see how committed Donovan/Lake are to that power running game. That can help you on the road. Agree with the hot take in the DAWG thread that they need get the Tumwater T-Bird involved in the passing game. Those are easy confidence-building throws.
    The timing between Morris and the WRs was bad and maybe time fixes that. We’ll see.

So, it’s early.

Shough needs to get over early game jitters.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

The timing between Morris and the WRs was bad and maybe time fixes that. We’ll see.

So, it’s early.

I've rewatched a couple times now, and in the first half I didn't have an issue with Morris. Just really really bad drops. So the guy throws a bit of a fastball. Better than a fucking 7 yard rainbow that allows the lb's the break up/intercept.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I never think the Ducks “are going” to win the conference, but after 2 weeks I haven’t seen anything that says they can’t win the conference as the turnovers even out over the season.

Is there a clearly better team in the Pac12? Looks like a bunch of mediocre to decent teams with Oregon being the team to beat after two weeks. I fully expect the Ducks to lose at least one game but the North just looks bad so far.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    edited November 2020
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

So, it’s early.

I've rewatched a couple times now, and in the first half I didn't have an issue with Morris. Just really really bad drops. So the guy throws a bit of a fastball. Better than a fucking 7 yard rainbow that allows the lb's the break up/intercept.
    You can’t say he had good ball placement though. It was usually behind or too early. I agree that some of those should be caught. As a whole, the passing game was not in sync.

Is it really that surprising though? It was an abbreviated fall camp and not very good conditions.

The offense isn’t the issue with UW. If Latu and Tuli are out, I don’t see UW stopping Oregon.

Taimani looks completely out of shape. He’s a sloppy mess. Sirmon is slow. Bowman looked better when he wasn’t so filled out. There’s a lot of jags in that front seven. God forbid one of the kids from the non contiguous states whose names I can’t spell are out for any time.