Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I think people are dreaming if they believe this Duck team is going to win the Conference

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cal beats UW, UW beats Oregon
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

Brand new O line. New QB, New O coordinator and a mostly new secondary. I don't care about how talented these newcomers may be, believing this team is just going to roll is pretty foolish.

But that's your dumb fuck fan base man. Those Biden bots need another 70 or two to clear the cobwebs.
    Sweet Geezus dude, you're a part of fan base that still thinks UW is a superior football program than Oregon. Heal yourself fool.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    SFGbob said:

Brand new O line. New QB, New O coordinator and a mostly new secondary. I don't care about how talented these newcomers may be, believing this team is just going to roll is pretty foolish.

A reasonable UO fan take.

Kudos.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

With all due respect Bob let me push back a little bit Bob. 1st the OL.......of course it is a concern and yes they have a lot of talent. The last time I remember the Ducks replacing the entire OL was 2009. That was the year we lost to Boise State in our 1st game. That team came together, won the Conference, went 10-3, and went to the rose Bowl ranked #11.

Please do push back. Here's what I see. A new o-line isn't able to open holes for the running game forcing the new QB to throw more than they want to and they also aren't able to protect the qb in passing situations.
    Other than Penei this OL is more talented than the one that graduated. It would have been nice to have a non conference schedule for them to come together as a group. It is what it is. We shall see.

BTW there are several of these linemen that have actually started for the Ducks at one time or another. 😊
    They may have more talent but they have far less experience. Hope I'm wrong.
    This is where the scheduling really helps Oregon.

Stanford (Home)
    WSU (Away)
    UCLA (Home)
    OSU (Away)

They get four cupcakes before Cal and Washington. With decent coaching, you'd think 4 games is enough time to get a lot of things ironed out on the offensive line before the 2 game season starts.

Cal beats UW, UW beats Oregon

UW beats Cal, Cal beats Oregon, Oregon beats UW.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

With all due respect Bob let me push back a little bit Bob. 1st the OL.......of course it is a concern and yes they have a lot of talent. The last time I remember the Ducks replacing the entire OL was 2009. That was the year we lost to Boise State in our 1st game. That team came together, won the Conference, went 10-3, and went to the rose Bowl ranked #11.

Please do push back. Here's what I see. A new o-line isn't able to open holes for the running game forcing the new QB to throw more than they want to and they also aren't able to protect the qb in passing situations.
    Other than Penei this OL is more talented than the one that graduated. It would have been nice to have a non conference schedule for them to come together as a group. It is what it is. We shall see.

BTW there are several of these linemen that have actually started for the Ducks at one time or another. 😊

Stanford (Home)
    WSU (Away)
    UCLA (Home)
    OSU (Away)

They get four cupcakes before Cal and Washington. With decent coaching, you'd think 4 games is enough time to get a lot of things ironed out on the offensive line before the 2 game season starts.
    If Leech were still in town, the road game at Coug would loom large. I wonder what's left of that pile of shit over in Pulltab now that they've been jilted by the Pirate for Mississippi Fucking State.

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

Stanford (Home)
    WSU (Away)
    UCLA (Home)
    OSU (Away)

If Leech were still in town, the road game at Coug would loom large. I wonder what's left of that pile of shit over in Pulltab now that they've been jilted by the Pirate for Mississippi Fucking State.
    Exactly, which is why I moved this to the cupcake category
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

Stanford (Home)
    WSU (Away)
    UCLA (Home)
    OSU (Away)

Exactly, which is why I moved this to the cupcake category

I would say “dreaming” is an overstatement.

They’ve got as good a shot as anybody because the conference is garbage.

Every team in the conference has a problem.

O line is the key issue as you say, particularly in pass blocking, which really takes time.

On D, the Dooks are mostly right. But they’ll miss Graham, because he was a seasoned and smart corner. Wright is crazy talented and got playing time, so he’ll help a lot. Lenoir opted back in. You gotta hope neither of those two get hurt. They’ll clearly miss Dye, as well as Carlberg, the latter being somewhat underrated in my book. But they have a lot of talent coming back on the D line and linebacker.

Clear favorite? No. But who is?

Cal
    This didn't age well.

City of Berzerkely Cal's biggest enemy.

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

SFGbob said:

DJDuck said:

Stanford (Home)
    WSU (Away)
    UCLA (Home)
    OSU (Away)

I guess I got my answer. Handing the other team 3 fucking turnovers in the first half, and with seconds left in the half Oregon gets in the endzone on a couple plays. Went from, what, 26 to 7 going into the half to 19 to 14. Same old Coug.

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Nice bump. After watching the mighty Pac12, I am not sure who will beat Oregon.

I am sure as hell not afraid of UW and Cal anymore.
    lawsandl said:

I think UW/Oregon has the makings of another good game. Let's see how UW looks playing someone other than Beav.

The Oregon win on the road, despite the first half give aways, probably feels better than it should because Oregon has had a Coug problem. But it's still Cuog. The Stanford win probably says more.

I guess people are saying UCLA is better now all of a sudden. Who knows? But Cal is garbage. I think Oregon and UW have each other and that's about it.

Can Lake sufficiently translate Duck hate to the current UW roster? We shall see.
    edited November 2020

lawsandl said:

I think UW/Oregon has the makings of another good game. Let's see how UW looks playing someone other than Beav.

The Oregon win on the road, despite the first half give aways, probably feels better than it should because Oregon has had a Coug problem. But it's still Cuog. The Stanford win probably says more.

I guess people are saying UCLA is better now all of a sudden. Who knows? But Cal is garbage. I think Oregon and UW have each other and that's about it.

Can Lake sufficiently translate Duck hate to the current UW roster? We shall see.
    If Tuli and Latu are really out for the season, it will be a nightmare for UW. Taimani looks sloppy and Bronson is no where near 300 he’s listed. Bandes was forgettable.

The kid from Pearl City with the hyphenated name was the best in their front seven. OSU can’t pass pro worth shit. WSU got more pressure.

They don’t have a qb either.

I don’t see it.
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

If Tuli and Latu are really out for the season, it will be a nightmare for UW. Taimani looks sloppy and Bronson is no where near 300 he’s listed. Bandes was forgettable.

The kid from Pearl City with the hyphenated name was the best in their front seven. OSU can’t pass pro worth shit. WSU got more pressure.

They don’t have a qb either.

I don’t see it.
    First game against Beav. They basically ran it because they could, which is what you do. I don't expect even a half-baked retard OC is going to assume he'll just run at Oregon for four quarters. And they'll have a few games under their belts, including the QB.

Too early to tell on UW. I wouldn't draw too much inference from the Beav sample.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
    UW will run all over Oregon at this point.
    dtd said:

It won’t matter. Shough > Morris and it’s not even close. I expect high scoring and Oregon to pull away in the 4th. You can say they kept it vanilla but they were on the brink of losing the game.

That, or Oregon figures out their run fits and tackling by game 6 and steamrolls them.

Oregon is the youngest team in CFB. There’s a lot of growth from now till then to be had.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

lawsandl said:

Agree on: Donovan went for the power run 75% of the time because Beav can’t stop it. Not going to keep that ratio against a team with a semblance of a DL.

Disagree: Coug win was more important than Stanford. With all the DBs opted out and suspended or coronatined keeping them under 30 points with -3 turnovers is a win. Troubling that half of the defense consists of human traffic cones, but hopefully that’s enough to get to the Fiesta Bowel and give BYU some Cuban balls to the face.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

lawsandl said:

Agree on: Donovan went for the power run 75% of the time because Beav can’t stop it. Not going to keep that ratio against a team with a semblance of a DL.

Disagree: Coug win was more important than Stanford. With all the DBs opted out and suspended or coronatined keeping them under 30 points with -3 turnovers is a win. Troubling that half of the defense consists of human traffic cones, but hopefully that’s enough to get to the Fiesta Bowel and give BYU some Cuban balls to the face.
    Secondary was much better 2nd half with McKinley back in. Not sure who he kept off the field who had been getting torched first half (aside from Pickett). Happle?
    dtd said:

First half they may, but teams always adjust. Running all over the Beavs amounted to still needing some ref assistance to pull that one out.
    ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

Secondary was much better 2nd half with McKinley back in. Not sure who he kept off the field who had been getting torched first half (aside from Pickett). Happle?
    I know Mannng played some and got beat ... completely turned around. True freshman.