Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jimmy Lake

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

What I'm telling myself to try and feel a little bit better is a couple plays here or there for us and this game is more like 35-14. Hopefully shit gets worked out.

This year is all practice and Huard 3.0 is on his way

spuden said:

What I'm telling myself to try and feel a little bit better is a couple plays here or there for us and this game is more like 35-14. Hopefully shit gets worked out.

Or, we lose if the Pac-12 refs don't shaft OSU with a shitty spot on 4th and inches from the UW 5. It was as close to a loss as it was to a 35-14 game.
    UW's first scoring drive was after getting bailed out with a bogus PI call on an uncatchable ball to Nacua. UW's third touchdown came after Nacua failed to control a red zone pass, dropped it, picked it back up, and it was incorrectly called a fumble instead of an incomplete pass. Later, OSU was denied a TD on two straight ridiculously bad spots. Not a single bad call went for OSU.

That's between a 14 and 21 point swing in a six point game. The narrative playing out in my head is that the Huskies lost the game but got bailed out. There's nothing hopeful about that.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dannarc said:

We all bitched about all the motion and overcomplicated bullshit of Petes offense and not playing young talent now we are running a simple offensive scheme and running the ball 5,000 tims and everyone is bitching...wtf....We needed to put more wrinkles in it last night(play action, WTE, etc..)

DLine needs Latu and to nut up..that's it....LIFPO

Being simple is fine if you’re use a fucking modern offense but sitting in I-Formation running FB dives to a walk-on is FS
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Penn State and Jacksonville suck with or without Donovan

That's all

I am just glad he brought his suckiness to our dawgs?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

That's all

I am just glad he brought his suckiness to our dawgs?
    He didn’t bring any suckiness, we were already sucky.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    4th and 6 from OSU 40? Go for it! Not impressed with Lake. I hope he gets his shit together. I'm worried that Jimmy's biggest fan is Jimmy.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DoogDawg said:

spuden said:

Or, we lose if the Pac-12 refs don't shaft OSU with a shitty spot on 4th and inches from the UW 5. It was as close to a loss as it was to a 35-14 game.
    UW's first scoring drive was after getting bailed out with a bogus PI call on an uncatchable ball to Nacua. UW's third touchdown came after Nacua failed to control a red zone pass, dropped it, picked it back up, and it was incorrectly called a fumble instead of an incomplete pass. Later, OSU was denied a TD on two straight ridiculously bad spots. Not a single bad call went for OSU.

That's between a 14 and 21 point swing in a six point game. The narrative playing out in my head is that the Huskies lost the game but got bailed out. There's nothing hopeful about that.
    Not to nitpick but the delay of game called on us after the refs screwed OSU on the fourth down spot was not a delay of game. That was a horrible call and they blew the whistle early - which helped Oregon State.

Also, we spot Oregon State ten points off the bat with the world’s worst long snapper and missed chip shot FG. Can’t cherrypick bad luck only for one team without also considering how it went the other way.
    Bad snaps, missed field goals, dropped passes were mistakes made by people wearing purple jerseys. That's not luck, that's talent. "If our players didn't make mistakes, we'd win" is shallow. Gifts from the wefs, on the other hand, are out of either team's control and therefore unfairly impact an outcome.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BUT LINCOLN RILEY!!!

Ouch.

The Lake hire was a disaster.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

4th and 6 from OSU 40? Go for it! Not impressed with Lake. I hope he gets his shit together. I'm worried that Jimmy's biggest fan is Jimmy.

If the defense wasn't getting run and your special teams didn't blow goats, then punting was the right call. I know everyone here wants to go for it every fucking 4th down.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

That's all

Penn St. got a lot better after he left...if only that OC had been available...

• CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

Lot of lifpo that needs to happen

Tons of lifpo. There will be some growing pains, as expected. Lets watch more than one game with a backup QB before dropping the radio in our bath water. I should have known better than to read this trash.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

now more than even @FireCohen

Now more than ever, fire @FireCohen.
    There is no cure for aids
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

When he got took the job, I was nervous. Anyone who knows Jimmy knows he's cocky and stubborn, that's a trait that could be good or bad depending on the coach. But then he had his press conference and I got excited. He talked about being aggressive on the field and on the recruiting trail and I thought his energy was needed to get this program back on track and get them back to competition with Oregon. But then he made his staff hires which made me scratch my head. Keeping KB and Bob, two guys who are worthless on the recruiting trail and are average coaches at best didn't seem aggressive. Then he promoted Will Harris to DB coach, brought back Terrence, and promoted Cato from within, all safe moves. Then came the OC hire, after failing to bring in Kellen Moore, he hired an OC that had a laughable resume and someone who basically left for dead in the NFL. But I thought, maybe he knows something I don't so give it time and see it play out.

Then recruiting came and it went like I expected which is why I started saying I was concerned about recruiting in April when all the so-called recruiting insiders kept making excuses and kept saying let it play out. All the holes I thought they had with this recruiting staff showed up and what was most disconcerting was the lack of a plan with recruiting. We missed on almost every DB, got dominated by Oregon, and struggled to recruit instate. But I thought, hey maybe the product on the field will be good enough to mask those flaws but nope. The offense ran tonight isn't a pro-style offense because no team in the NFL is dumb enough to run this. This offensive style is outdated and easy to defend. Stacking the box, running the same play over and over, not stretching the field might work against Oregon State but it won't work again for the good teams. I thought Jimmy could compete with Mario and Oregon but I was wrong. Even if he did have an epiphany and realize his mistakes, the budget wouldn't allow him to fix it but sadly I don't think he realizes his mistakes. What I saw tonight is a coach who will be competing with Stanford for third place. Hopefully, I'm wrong and overreacting but sadly I feel we are back in the 7-8 win level like under Steve Sarkisian while Oregon is back to competing for Championships under Mario as they did with Chip Kelly.

Time will tell if you're wrong. But you are definitely overreacting.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    DoogDawg said:

spuden said:

Not to nitpick but the delay of game called on us after the refs screwed OSU on the fourth down spot was not a delay of game. That was a horrible call and they blew the whistle early - which helped Oregon State.

Also, we spot Oregon State ten points off the bat with the world’s worst long snapper and missed chip shot FG. Can’t cherrypick bad luck only for one team without also considering how it went the other way.
    lol, your own team fucking up execution != the refs uncle fucking the beevs all night long.