Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

S/O John Donovan and Dylan Morris

141 passing yards in a CFB game 🔥🔥🔥

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We put up 27 against the Beavs. Fire everyone
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Our run game was working, why throw to our shit receivers?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I was promised young talent at receiver last year. It was not delivered. They sucked. Bynum only one to do anything.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can’t believe Morris let his receivers drop balls all night.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    Other than that awful deep throw, I actually thought Sirmon threw the ball pretty well. Should have had 4 more completions and a couple TDs if not for our shitty receivers dropping the ball.

I didnt think Donavons game plan was bad in the first half. The second half was stale and Petersen-ish.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Other than that awful deep throw, I actually thought Sirmon threw the ball pretty well. Should have had 4 more completions and a couple TDs if not for our shitty receivers dropping the ball.

I didnt think Donavons game plan was bad in the first half. The second half was stale and Petersen-ish.

If he puts that across field like he’s supposed to, TB is dancing in the end zone
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

You make the play call to try to loosen up the defense to respect the deep throw ...

As @backthepack notes the throw missed big time (probably by about 5-10 yards) ... likely had the reverse effect of what we were intending it to be.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Reality is that when you run for 267 yards and over 5 yards per carry ... you probably should keep running.

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The game plan was fine if they kept going to McGrew. For some reason JonDon abandoned that in the second half and went with Newton, who just looked slow. That made no fucking sense and kept the game a lot closer than it needed to be.

But whatever, run the ball and grind down an inferior D. We've been waiting for that game plan for a long time. But keep up this 5 yards per pass average and we're going to get butt fucked against better teams.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
    Jon don and Jimmy seemed to have channeled their inner Ballz. I think Newton was completely scripted to get the bulk of the carries late because he runs or hill tough and is a big back.

McGrew and Davis are the only guys that can make people miss. Pleasant and Newton are just ok but they won’t work against every team.

Everyone was saying we look like Wisconsin offense. But Wisconsin puts up a shit ton more points than we do. They still find a way to be explosive with their tailbacks and wr’s.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jon don and Jimmy seemed to have channeled their inner Ballz. I think Newton was completely scripted to get the bulk of the carries late because he runs or hill tough and is a big back.

McGrew and Davis are the only guys that can make people miss. Pleasant and Newton are just ok but they won’t work against every team.

Everyone was saying we look like Wisconsin offense. But Wisconsin puts up a shit ton more points than we do. They still find a way to be explosive with their tailbacks and wr’s.

Newton does not look like the guy and didn't last year either.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    Looks like a few of you guysm are picking up same thing I was thinking, they had a script for who would get carries when. I don’t like that rigidity but helps make sense of that shit.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Did Morris run backwards twenty yards while shitting his pants? That was my favorite play the last five years.

Gonna need to see him face a pass rush before I can sign off on this going forward.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

141 passing yards in a CFB game 🔥🔥🔥

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    One change I really appreciate with this new offense is where we design a play on 3rd down to actually get past the line to gain.

For example, on 3rd and 7, we actually run a play designed to go 7+ yards.

Its a small change but it does make a difference