Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PFF Offensive Line of the Week

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited November 2020 in Duck Refuge
The Ducks that lost every starter from last year including the reigning Outland Trophy winner

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Meh. UW OL still hasn't given up a single QB hurry all season.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

The Ducks that lost every starter from last year including the reigning Outland Trophy winner

YUGE sample size!
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

DJDuck said:

YUGE sample size!
    It's the line of the week not the line of the year. Given the award, what sample size should they have used?
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Not a lot of people know this, but PFF ratings are actually calculated by finding a particularly mangy looking stray dog, locking him up in a room that has a floor with squares numbered 75-100 and feeding him horse laxatives. Square with the least dog diarrhea by Sunday morning is the PFF score.

I though the OL was really shaky at times. White Michael Vick bailed them out more than once.

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    It’s a shame that really what we see here is dread that the predictions that the Ducks couldn’t survive the replacement of their whole offensive line didn’t come to fruition. Duck recruiting particularly in the OL has been so good with CMC that it’s now reload not rebuild.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    edited November 2020
    Oregon Ducks OL Ryan Walk named Pac-12 offensive lineman of the week

Oregon’s Ryan Walk was named Pac-12 offensive lineman of the week for his play in the Ducks' 35-14 win over Stanford.

Walk was the highest graded offensive lineman in the Pac-12 and second highest in the nation for Week 10 by Pro Football Focus with a grade of 89.6, earning him a spot on PFF’s national team of the week. His run-blocking grade of 90.2 was second highest in the country, per PFF.

The former walk-on, who earned a scholarship during the preseason, made his first career start at right guard and split time there and at left guard in Saturday’s game. Walk earned a 100% assignment grade from Oregon’s coaching staff over his 58 snaps.

“Ryan Walk stood out, I believe to the people of Pro Football Focus because he played an exceptional game from a technique and fundamental and assignment standpoint,” Oregon coach Mario Cristobal said. “Rarely missed and was very disciplined with his hat position, hand placement, finishing blocks, keeping the pocket clean and certainly making a dent at the line of scrimmage in the run game.”

Oregon’s offensive line, which had five new starters, paved the way for a rushing attack that had a Pac-12 best 269 yards and didn’t allow a sack.

“The best part about it, these guys have a lot of areas where they can improve and want to improve and will improve,” Cristobal said. “It’s a good first step but still nowhere near where we need to be.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/11/oregon-ducks-ol-ryan-walk-named-pac-12-offensive-lineman-of-the-week.html
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    DJDuck said:

It’s a shame that really what we see here is dread that the predictions that the Ducks couldn’t survive the replacement of their whole offensive line didn’t come to fruition. Duck recruiting particularly in the OL has been so good with CMC that it’s now reload not rebuild.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 3,982
    Standard Supporter

Not a lot of people know this, but PFF ratings are actually calculated by finding a particularly mangy looking stray dog, locking him up in a room that has a floor with squares numbered 75-100 and feeding him horse laxatives. Square with the least dog diarrhea by Sunday morning is the PFF score.

I though the OL was really shaky at times. White Michael Vick bailed them out more than once.

Unless they're rating UW's defensive backs, amiright?
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    dtd said:

Unless they're rating UW's defensive backs, amiright?
    The rule with PFF should be that you get to pick one position group or player that they’re accurate with. I pick Penei Sewell, the greatest football player of the PFF era.

I never liked them anyway, but the Justin Herbert pre-draft anal from their NFL guys was so wrong. I thought there was a good bust chance but I still took the receipts down. Oh, you watched four Herbert games PFF nerd? 2017 Vegas Bowl, 2018 Redbox Bowl, 2019 Auburn, and 2019 Pac-12 championship game? Didn’t have time to squeeze in 2016 Washington?

PFF was too busy masturbating to Tua. Because Herbert was inaccurate, had a weird personality and was too close to his family, injury history, and relied too much on his athleticism?

They wanted the guy 7 inches shorter, who played with 5 first round WRs, 1-2 first round RBs, a handful of drafted OL, and a second round TE. Who needed to be airlifted to a hospital for hip surgery. And got a Wonderlic score that functionally literate people should not get it. At least Tua has a good relationship with his family, dad only brought out the belt after losses.

Fuck PFF. I’ve been curious how they assign grades and tally reps won/lost. The play below was one of two sacks the Chargers tackle gave up last week. Neither was credited to him and he was their highest graded player in the game. Why wasn’t it credited to him? Herbert stepped up out of his zone of responsibility. Yeah, it was his assignment and the reason for the pocket movement, but fuck everyone who questions PFF is their response.

Anyway, the Oregon OL sucks until they don’t. I do like 74 and 71 and the center who doesn’t snap it over the QBs head.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,690
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

YUGE sample size!
    It's the line of the week not the line of the year. Given the award, what sample size should they have used?
    All I know is Stanford's DL is not half as decimated after facing Oregon's as Cal's DL is after the UW game.

Advantage UW's OL.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,690
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

Now that is classic dnc bullying.