Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What's your opinion on the JFK assassination?

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I blame the Joooooows.

• Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    I have felt that it was the bhlack ops military industrial complex via the CIA... doubt the mob had the appetite to
    risk that level of involvement. JMO... but truthfully he was in the open and any nutbag could have had the opportunity
    to do it. Motive? Taking on the might of the military-industrial black ops program which Eisenhower had just warned everyone about in his final address to the nation [read it, it's eye opening] I think is number 1.

Here is Wiki's abridged version: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisenhower's_farewell_address
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    Here is the full address for those that are interested... it's a great read from a historical and current perspective.
    From my perspective, he was one of the two or three greatest of presidents in our more recent history. http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ike.htm
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,513
    Founders Club

You’re all idiots. Trump killed JFK.

Thought it was Ted Cruz's dad
    The answer, as always, is abundance.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

BaldwinIV said:

I find it hard to be a complete coincidence that both Oswald and Jack Ruby had ties to organized crime. The mob essentially backed JFK in a deal that involved Frank Sinatra (crazy but true). They expected leniency and when JFK appointed Robert Kennedy they were furious since he was openly going after organized crime. There are wire taps of mafia bosses openly talking about killing Kennedy.

Take all of that and add in that the CIA was likely working with the mob to assassinate Castro. JFK was trying to shut down the CIA (I think that's correct) so it doesn't seem crazy to me that they could have worked together to assassinate him.

There were so many people that died "suspiciously" after the assassination including a woman who was going to new Orleans to investigate a mob tie and had announced she had information on the assassination. I'm usually pretty skeptical on conspiracy theories but there is too much here. Why the hell would jack ruby immediately kill Oswald unless someone was trying to shut him up?

This step in the logic seems like a big assumption. Has that been established or widely accepted as fact? Why would the CIA work with the mob? The mob is the mob and they were good at what they did, which was domestic crime rings operating at a regional level. I'm just not thinking that Sammy the Bull is who you call to do an international head of state hit-job.

Now, Bobby being a pain in their ass? Oh yeah. A guy I worked for was one of Kennedy's special prosecutors. To say he had great stories is a massive understatement.
    Yes

The CIA works with everyone

There was a mutual interest in getting Cuba back
    Don't twist. I didn't mean that CIA wouldn't work with the mob to get Castro. I expect they would work with anybody in the right circumstances. I'm saying it seems unlikely that's who they'd work with to do it.

Again, as good as the mob is at what they do, assassinating Castro is a special-ops kind of thing. You need to whack a union rep? The mob's good for that. Castro? Seems above their pay grade.

Big if true IMO.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

BaldwinIV said:

I find it hard to be a complete coincidence that both Oswald and Jack Ruby had ties to organized crime. The mob essentially backed JFK in a deal that involved Frank Sinatra (crazy but true). They expected leniency and when JFK appointed Robert Kennedy they were furious since he was openly going after organized crime. There are wire taps of mafia bosses openly talking about killing Kennedy.

Take all of that and add in that the CIA was likely working with the mob to assassinate Castro. JFK was trying to shut down the CIA (I think that's correct) so it doesn't seem crazy to me that they could have worked together to assassinate him.

There were so many people that died "suspiciously" after the assassination including a woman who was going to new Orleans to investigate a mob tie and had announced she had information on the assassination. I'm usually pretty skeptical on conspiracy theories but there is too much here. Why the hell would jack ruby immediately kill Oswald unless someone was trying to shut him up?

This step in the logic seems like a big assumption. Has that been established or widely accepted as fact? Why would the CIA work with the mob? The mob is the mob and they were good at what they did, which was domestic crime rings operating at a regional level. I'm just not thinking that Sammy the Bull is who you call to do an international head of state hit-job.

Now, Bobby being a pain in their ass? Oh yeah. A guy I worked for was one of Kennedy's special prosecutors. To say he had great stories is a massive understatement.
    Yes

The CIA works with everyone

There was a mutual interest in getting Cuba back
    Don't twist. I didn't mean that CIA wouldn't work with the mob to get Castro. I expect they would work with anybody in the right circumstances. I'm saying it seems unlikely that's who they'd work with to do it.

Again, as good as the mob is at what they do, assassinating Castro is a special-ops kind of thing. You need to whack a union rep? The mob's good for that. Castro? Seems above their pay grade.

Big if true IMO.
    You work with them because they were dialed in to Cuba

This isn't conjecture. They opened the books on the CIA in the Church Committee
  • Options

I have felt that it was the bhlack ops military industrial complex via the CIA... doubt the mob had the appetite to
    risk that level of involvement. JMO...
    but truthfully he was in the open and any nutbag could have had the opportunity
    to do it. Motive? Taking on the might of the military-industrial black ops program which Eisenhower had just warned everyone about in his final address to the nation [read it, it's eye opening] I think is number 1.

Here is Wiki's abridged version: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisenhower's_farewell_address

Agree.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    Whoever it was, I know one thing for certain...

Race was there.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    For those looking for a terrific read on this subject, I cannot recommend enough:

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Closed-Harvey-Oswald-Assassination/dp/1400034620

I probably lean 75% lone shooter.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2020
    It was an exceptional display of marksmanship that fits Oswald's background. He was the shooter. Being shot two days later screams there was something bigger behind it than his pure hatred of Capitalism. It will never be known just like where Jesus went after he was risen from the dead.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was against it.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,388
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    They had a a number of good shooters try and duplicate the feat. Only one did it. Once. IIRC
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This is a topic that has always fascinated me. Not only have I read a lot on it, but I also watch a ton of stuff.

As someone that used to drive past the Book Depository often the thing that has never made sense to me is that I don't see how if Oswald was the lone shooter why it made sense for him to make his first shot when he did. If you follow the route of the motorcade (see link and scroll down slightly - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5934694/), it would seem to me that it would be an easier attempt while going down Houston when the car was straight in front versus turning and moving away from Oswald's location. The only thing that I could understand explaining the attempt occuring when it did was because there wasn't a clean shot while on Houston due to seated position inside the car and by turning and driving away JFK would have been more exposed.

The scientific evidence that I've seen definitely suggests that the fatal shot came from behind and not in front. So in that sense, I can buy that Oswald (or someone else) was the lone shooter.

But what happened since then doesn't make sense to me and obviously I don't think that we'll ever know what happened.

If you follow what happened with the Dallas PD it was pretty much a parade for Oswald to be silenced with plausible deniability for them to say "well, things went sideways." I know that security was nothing back then compared to what it was now but there's a lot of evidence that Ruby was all over the place leading up to his assassination of Oswald and it was simply way too easy for him to pull off what effectively was a mob hit in execution.

A couple of things that I've watched recently that really made me think:

https://youtu.be/GDq5Fb4fvVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d89goIzHDQg

And to the original post, the person being referenced as releasing a story but murdered prior to the release was Dorothy Kilgallen. For those that really know their history, they would know Kilgallen's name from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyU2ajkiLx0

It just feels to me that there was a lot of work behind the scenes to cover things up. There was no shortage of individuals with motive. And in reality, JFK had plenty of enemies. Too much out there that the mob helped win JFK the election in 1960 and then his actions basically were a giant middle finger to the mob. It wouldn't shock me at all if they were involved.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    From a shooting standpoint it wasn't a difficult task. Contrary to common belief the riflescope was sighted in just fine, and although the presidential limousine was moving, it was moving very slowly on a predictable path.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

From a shooting standpoint it wasn't a difficult task. Contrary to common belief the riflescope was sighted in just fine, and although the presidential limousine was moving, it was moving very slowly on a predictable path.

This is true. It has been duplicated more than once out in the desert and stuff. A marksman could make the shot

Makes for good plausibility

Then you have to ask how Sirhan Sirhan was able to hang out in the kitchen with a gun to shoot Bobby when Bobby was surrounded by security

The PLO is as good as the commies for a patsy

You kind of had to be there. JFK. MLK, and RFK were all shot dead before I turned 12. That will color your thinking
  • Options

Gladstone said:

This is true. It has been duplicated more than once out in the desert and stuff. A marksman could make the shot

Makes for good plausibility

Then you have to ask how Sirhan Sirhan was able to hang out in the kitchen with a gun to shoot Bobby when Bobby was surrounded by security

The PLO is as good as the commies for a patsy

You kind of had to be there. JFK. MLK, and RFK were all shot dead before I turned 182. That will color your thinking
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,388
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

That's why the Olympic champion was the only one to pull it off. The Carcano isn't as bad as many say it is but it's also not the quickest bolt action around. Add a shitty scope and install it would have made it a bit slower cycling. Good thing is they don't have much wear. A few marks from being dropped. In fact a new batch just came into the country.

Not saying it can't be done these days many people could do it.