Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Have a great weekend guys!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Kaepsknee said:

The reality is that if the roles were reversed and Biden went to Bed with a million plus vote lead, in the key states like Trump did, those count houses would have all been burnt to the ground by now.

Most downtowns in our largest cities would be.

Just fucking wait to see what will happen when the SCOTUS declares Trump the winner
    In my best Dan Patrick voice ....we’re going to ohhhhvertime.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,585
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Kaepsknee said:

The reality is that if the roles were reversed and Biden went to Bed with a million plus vote lead, in the key states like Trump did, those count houses would have all been burnt to the ground by now.

Just fucking wait to see what will happen when the SCOTUS declares Trump the winner
    You mean Don Lemon and a speech doesn't equal an actual President Elect?

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,918

Kaepsknee said:

You mean Don Lemon and a speech doesn't equal an actual President Elect?

Don Lemon is pretty compelling

But, like we say, no.

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Kaepsknee said:

Trump wanted to be president because he craves power. It wasn’t some selfless act to save the country. He’s not a martyr.
    Disagree. Lowered taxes for almost everyone, record UE, booming economy even in October during Covid, less reliance on OPEC, squeezed China on trade, renegotiated NAFTA to even it for the USA, etc. etc.

None of those actions are about power. Good luck when Biden and the Dem congress raise taxes and energy costs skyrocket. I know I can’t wait for it.

Also, if Trump ran solely for power, why did career DC politician Joe Biden run when all he had to offer was political power? Political power is Joe Biden’s only lifetime accomplishment. What other reason is there for him to run?
  • Options
    DuckwithaboneDuckwithabone Member Posts: 272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Kaepsknee said:

Trump wanted to be president because he craves power. It wasn’t some selfless act to save the country. He’s not a martyr.
    Disagree. Lowered taxes for almost everyone, record UE, booming economy even in October during Covid, less reliance on OPEC, squeezed China on trade, renegotiated NAFTA to even it for the USA, etc. etc.

None of those actions are about power. Good luck when Biden and the Dem congress raise taxes and energy costs skyrocket. I know I can’t wait for it.

Also, if Trump ran solely for power, why did career DC politician Joe Biden run when all he had to offer was political power? Political power is Joe Biden’s only lifetime accomplishment. What other reason is there for him to run?
    This poor guy
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,940
    Trump isn't pretty and I don't like how he communicates.

But what he actually did was a huge leap for America.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

HuskyJW said:

Going to call it an early one and go deer hunting this weekend. Hopefully this is over soon for ya so the bloodletting isn’t so painful. Gotta be tough to watch

The two old codgers in the neighborhood had their Trump flags up for months have taken them down. Replace them with Old Glory.

HuskyJW always right

If this shit stands our country is over. Done gone. Never a non rigged election again.
    No it’s not. Life will go on. Save the drama and theatricals. Your friends and family are still around. You can still post here everyday. You’ll be okay and life will go on. The country won’t be exactly how you want it to be, but people want different things, and it’s never going to be perfect.
    As if we didn't just watch the fulfillment of the weaponization of the federal government by one party against another....

Yeah, totally fucking normal and life is just going to be exactly the same.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

HuskyJW said:

Going to call it an early one and go deer hunting this weekend. Hopefully this is over soon for ya so the bloodletting isn’t so painful. Gotta be tough to watch

The two old codgers in the neighborhood had their Trump flags up for months have taken them down. Replace them with Old Glory.

HuskyJW always right

If this shit stands our country is over. Done gone. Never a non rigged election again.
    No it’s not. Life will go on. Save the drama and theatricals. Your friends and family are still around. You can still post here everyday. You’ll be okay and life will go on. The country won’t be exactly how you want it to be, but people want different things, and it’s never going to be perfect.
    As if we didn't just watch the fulfillment of the weaponization of the federal government by one party against another....

I get that to an extent, but everything has been the exact same for me. It was against Trump because he wasn’t playing the game. It would have been really fucking ugly if Trump won tho.

Giving into the crazies is a negative but I just want some fucking normalcy and for the government to go back to being boring. The president race and election has been given too much power and seen as life and death when it’s really not. I’m probably naive for hoping for that but this shit is stupid.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604

Kaepsknee said:

At this point that's the main reason I want it to happen. Watching the left act like children is both funny and sad
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    edited November 2020

Sledog said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW always right

I get that to an extent, but everything has been the exact same for me. It was against Trump because he wasn’t playing the game. It would have been really fucking ugly if Trump won tho.

Giving into the crazies is a negative but I just want some fucking normalcy and for the government to go back to being boring. The president race and election has been given too much power and seen as life and death when it’s really not. I’m probably naive for hoping for that but this shit is stupid.
    The problem is that the Dems want to actively jam up my life personally. I could give 2 fucks about what they do for transgenders or some other such shit

Their entire platform is that white men are bad and need to be punished. That's a bit of a problem.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,585
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kaepsknee said:

Yep.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231

Kaepsknee said:

Ok.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,940
    edited November 2020

Sledog said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW always right

So a 110 trillion dollar communist energy program, huge tax hikes, gun confiscation, state surveillance of the population, $9.00 gas, no personal property, no suburbs, forced government housing, national politically controlled police force and communism is boring?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,877
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It wasn't so much that I loved or liked Trump (although he did good things).

The Dems just went fully off the rails and played beyond dirty. Republicans will do things that are unsavory and push rules. The Dems went all out to get orange man. Scorched earth. In 2016 I was naive and thought their corruption was at the top and not so widespread. Gradually I began to notice that it's all over the party from the top down through city councils and skool boreds.

Then they trot out this senile old fuck as candidate, after changing the rules for mini Mike. Then they pair him with the fake, token minority woman who's a far left Californian. It's pathetic and people accept it because orange man bad and he didn't let trannies get their way or something.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Kaepsknee said:

Yep. There is a huge double standard that is definitely frustrating, but Trump also put a lot of it on himself.

Trump responded to every criticism and continuously bashed the networks (rightfully so in many cases). It doesn’t make the double standard right but I don’t feel too sorry for Trump.

One small correction, he is a narcissist to the core but he does love America. He has been fairly vocal about politics (Dem for most of his life) for forever.
    I agree with you that he loves America. And he did some good things. Some of the hate he gets is unjustified and stupid. People’s whole identity was complaining about Trump and blaming him for every little thing that went wrong. TDS was very real.

His downfall was that he loved anyone that likes him and hates anyone that goes against him. So he came off bad at times and gave the people that wanted to bury him easy sound bites to make him out to be a monster. He loved the conflict and the battle and it ended up biting him.

I can’t wait for things to get less political. It’s boring and everything is so hot take and tribal. Everyone that doesn’t agree is an enemy. I don’t remember it always being like that.
    You’re about to get a whole lot more of what you hate.