Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Continuing My Lake Love

Was discussing the playoff with Castricone and Softy:

“My opinion has been out there pretty loud and clear. That’s why every Power 5 Champion should get an opportunity to vie for the National Championship. And it should be every single year. Let the champions play. I know the Pac-12 would represent themselves very well.”

“I don’t think it’s too much. All the other divisions in football play 16 games all the way to the National Championship. What I’m advocating for is 3 more games. And if you’re ranked 1 or 2 only 2 more games. I think we need to get that way fast. I don’t think it should be up to talking heads on tv. It shouldn’t be up to Athletic Directors sitting in a room and looking at a screen, thinking they know what they’re talking about as they’re looking at this team vs that team.”

“It needs to be decided by football teams playing football teams. Not administrators looking at a tv screen.”

Oh, and he says he believes UW and USC should wear their traditional uniforms nearly all the time and not change it up every week like some other teams do. That he’s ok with alternates because the kids love them but he believes tradition should be the main focus. And that he’s superstitious, and he would not have worn a black uniform with an flag helmet with ISC coming to town on a nationally televised game when the team is 9-0 with the traditional purple and gold.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But we are wearing jerseys for at least one game this year where we are trying to look like actual malamutes.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sounds like we should promote him to AD and hire a real Head Coach.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

So Kick Ass Pressers have been replaced by Kick Ass Convos with Softy?

More like interview with Castricon, who I respect, with a giddy Softy sitting in and getting a token question.

It’s not the regular presser they do with the full media, it’s the whole “Jimmy Lake Show” thing where they sit down for an hour and Castricone interviews him. Thus far Jimmy has been much more candid than the “_Chris Petersen Show”, which was often guarded and veiled.

Again, it’s a nice change of pace and Lake is saying the right things, but how it will play out on the fields is what we are waiting for.
    Thanks for hoppin' on!
    Pal
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    Founders Club
    Alexis said:

whlinder said:

More like interview with Castricon, who I respect, with a giddy Softy sitting in and getting a token question.

It’s not the regular presser they do with the full media, it’s the whole “Jimmy Lake Show” thing where they sit down for an hour and Castricone interviews him. Thus far Jimmy has been much more candid than the “_Chris Petersen Show”, which was often guarded and veiled.

Again, it’s a nice change of pace and Lake is saying the right things, but how it will play out on the fields is what we are waiting for.
    Thanks for hoppin' on!
    Pal
    damn it, I cocked that up.

thanks
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Alexis said:

whlinder said:

Thanks for hoppin' on!
    Pal
    damn it, I cocked that up.

thanks
    Chinned for "cocked that up."

lol
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Was discussing the playoff with Castricone and Softy:

“My opinion has been out there pretty loud and clear. That’s why every Power 5 Champion should get an opportunity to vie for the National Championship. And it should be every single year. Let the champions play. I know the Pac-12 would represent themselves very well.”

“I don’t think it’s too much. All the other divisions in football play 16 games all the way to the National Championship. What I’m advocating for is 3 more games. And if you’re ranked 1 or 2 only 2 more games. I think we need to get that way fast. I don’t think it should be up to talking heads on tv. It shouldn’t be up to Athletic Directors sitting in a room and looking at a screen, thinking they know what they’re talking about as they’re looking at this team vs that team.”

“It needs to be decided by football teams playing football teams. Not administrators looking at a tv screen.”

Oh, and he says he believes UW and USC should wear their traditional uniforms nearly all the time and not change it up every week like some other teams do. That he’s ok with alternates because the kids love them but he believes tradition should be the main focus. And that he’s superstitious, and he would not have worn a black uniform with an flag helmet with ISC coming to town on a nationally televised game when the team is 9-0 with the traditional purple and gold.

Lake love, not war?!1?
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Sounds like we should promote him to AD and hire a real Head Coach.

This.

I love everything Jimmy's said and tweeted the last two days.... But this shit is gonna wear thin when the losses start piling up.

He knows how to say all the right things, but you know what he doesn't know how to do? Recruit. Or hire competent coaches. I'm gonna enjoy the next eight days of kick ass Softy interviews and tweets, because after that, Jimmy's gonna get exposed pretty quickly.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    16 teams is too many. 8 is a good number, imo.