Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Players agree Hop has to go

13»

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If we could have had the college career of Michael porter jr in purple and gold lI think we all can agree that would have been special. What could have been!
    Yeah, so there was Michael Porter Jr who played like 5 minutes of basketball in his college career. His brother,Jontay was also a commit and had a pretty forgettable injury-plagued college career. There was another high 4 or 5 star guy who has done Jack shit in college so far. The PG who went to Stanford was good as a freshman.. Jalen Nowell was probably the best of that group. Who else was in that magic class that was gonna bring Romar a NC?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If we could have had the college career of Michael porter jr in purple and gold lI think we all can agree that would have been special. What could have been!
    Yeah, so there was Michael Porter Jr who played like 5 minutes of basketball in his college career. His brother,Jontay was also a commit and had a pretty forgettable injury-plagued college career. There was another high 4 or 5 star guy who has done Jack shit in college so far. The PG who went to Stanford was good as a freshman.. Jalen Nowell was probably the best of that group. Who else was in that magic class that was gonna bring Romar a NC?
    I've done the research before but there's a pretty good argument that the class Hop brought in outplayed the class Romar would have had.

And Hop sucks.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    pawz said:

Nice looking house if you've got $4 million laying around: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4206-132nd-Ave-NE-Bellevue-WA-98005/48740082_zpid/

If they are leaving town in a hurry might be able to get it for $3.5.

It's going to bid UP.
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Nice looking house if you've got $4 million laying around: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4206-132nd-Ave-NE-Bellevue-WA-98005/48740082_zpid/

It's going to bid UP.

its gone pending, yes, in this economy.
    It's almost like someone knew these things ahead of tim. *

It closed today at $4.5M. I was right.

Simple fact. Case Closed. End of Discussion.

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    Founders Club
    Try finding a new "Realtor friend", Jim.

Like one who knows that the fuck they are talking about.

9% closing costs? El Oh fucking El.

• dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dnc said:

I've done the research before but there's a pretty good argument that the class Hop brought in outplayed the class Romar would have had.

And Hop sucks.
    -Michael Porter Jr - 53 minutes of PT before getting hurt. Good for 30 points in his college career.
    -Jontay Porter - 10 Pts, 7 RBs, 1.7 blk as a Freshmen. He was good. Tore his ACL before his Sophomore year and was off for the pros.
    -Daejon Davis - Had a good Freshmen year. Has been pretty average since and last year was his worst year statistically across the board. 10.2 Pts, 4.3 Ast. 43% FG%, 35% from 3, 70% FT for his career
    -Blake Harris - Left NC State after avg 3.3 Pts, 2 Ast his first 2 years (Missouri then NC State) Currently at NC A&T - didn't play last year.
    -Mamoudou Diarra - 2.7 Pts, 2.3 RBs career average after 3 years at Cincinnati.

Nowell was easily the best player from the group. The next best player that should have been apart of that class is Corey Kispert. From Shoreline and went to Gonzaga. He'll be a 4 year player and is on some preseason All-American lists this year after being 1st team WCC last year.

In short, we still would have sucked if Romar stayed. The best player stayed at UW anyways and the next best player Romar didn't recruit heavily.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

And Hop sucks.
    -Michael Porter Jr - 53 minutes of PT before getting hurt. Good for 30 points in his college career.
    -Jontay Porter - 10 Pts, 7 RBs, 1.7 blk as a Freshmen. He was good. Tore his ACL before his Sophomore year and was off for the pros.
    -Daejon Davis - Had a good Freshmen year. Has been pretty average since and last year was his worst year statistically across the board. 10.2 Pts, 4.3 Ast. 43% FG%, 35% from 3, 70% FT for his career
    -Blake Harris - Left NC State after avg 3.3 Pts, 2 Ast his first 2 years (Missouri then NC State) Currently at NC A&T - didn't play last year.

Nowell was easily the best player from the group. The next best player that should have been apart of that class is Corey Kispert. From Shoreline and went to Gonzaga. He'll be a 4 year player and is on some preseason All-American lists this year after being 1st team WCC last year.

In short, we still would have sucked if Romar stayed. The best player stayed at UW anyways and the next best player Romar didn't recruit heavily.

Kispert committed to Romar? I don't remember that at all.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dnc said:

dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

And Hop sucks.

No I’m saying Romar didn’t make him a priority (at least that’s how I remember it) because the class was full of “better” players. Most of those players ended up having fairly meaningless college careers. The two main exceptions are Nowell, who Hop was able to keep, and Kispert who Romar lightly recruited and committed elsewhere.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    haie said:

I love how Softy and everyone just ignores how Jen crushed the basketball program even worse than Romar did.

I don't blame Cohen for making a change
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

He should be fired for dropping 4 million on a house without a pool

Especially when you can get one for a couple hundred bucks at Costco!
    Nothing says you've arrived like an above ground pool

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020

haie said:

I love how Softy and everyone just ignores how Jen crushed the basketball program even worse than Romar did.

Of course, but she hired a coach that had obvious red flags for people that follow college basketball closely.

Syracuse hasn't done shit in forever. It was a legitimately bad hire.

And I don't think basketball is something to see as second tier here either. The basketball program carried the students and fans through dark years of the football program.

It's fucking Seattle with no NBA team. It's shameful what she's ultimately done here.

I mean, we have recruited at a Fuck You level this decade in spots. Cowherd even bothered the make fun of us for being in the top 6 in national recruiting without anything to show for it.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Of course, but she hired a coach that had obvious red flags for people that follow college basketball closely.

Syracuse hasn't done shit in forever. It was a legitimately bad hire.

And I don't think basketball is something to see as second tier here either. The basketball program carried the students and fans through dark years of the football program.

It's fucking Seattle with no NBA team. It's shameful what she's ultimately done here.

I mean, we have recruited at a Fuck You level this decade in spots. Cowherd even bothered the make fun of us for being in the top 6 in national recruiting without anything to show for it.
    Yeah, but hoops aren't real life like football.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

And Hop sucks.

Thank you for your service. I think Blake Harris was the guy I was trying to remember.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

And Hop sucks.

No I’m saying Romar didn’t make him a priority (at least that’s how I remember it) because the class was full of “better” players. Most of those players ended up having fairly meaningless college careers. The two main exceptions are Nowell, who Hop was able to keep, and Kispert who Romar lightly recruited and committed elsewhere.
    Romar didn’t recruit FOH guys.

Hop may not be that dumb.

May. Jury still out.