Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Call it now: who will start at QB?

Comments

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2020
    Jacob Sirmon (Bothell)
    KJ Costello with 1 TD, 7 Picks in his last 2 games. 0 TD's 4 Picks against Kentucky for Christ sakes.

But fuck me I guess when I said I didn't want him. Got unrelenting shit for that.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/68561/if-jimmy-lands-costello/p9

Hey @creepycoug @dnc where you at?

Now at 6 TD's 9 Picks on the year... and his opponents are a combined 3-6.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    edited October 2020
    Jacob Sirmon (Bothell)

Taking a victory lap before any of our QBs have taken a snap huh

That is a lot of picks though. Just imagine how many he'd throw against a good team, like Woodinville

Hell yeah I am.

I made 0 predictions about UW QB's other than saying that I want to see one of the players currently in the QB room get the opportunity to start.

I did however predict that I thought Costello was going to suck.

I said he's inaccurate and prone to really bad games... I couldn't be more right thus far. He's still got A&M, Alabama, Auburn and Georgia to play...

This is purely about Costello. He's horrible. I was right. You're damn right I'm taking a victory lap.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dylan Morris (Graham-Kapowsin)
    Congratulations?
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Jacob Sirmon (Bothell)

Gladstone said:

BTW, sorry about the tirade, Gladdy - nothing against you. I still love you.

I actually just hate the team and the school any more.

Just kidding bud. You're good. At least you saw the glory years and got out when the going was good. I'm profoundly warped which is why I cling to dooging and this stupid program like a relentless parasite. Except I'm the host. And the punchline.
    For the record, I dooged for 28 seasons before burning out last year. Yes, it was nice to be on campus in the early 90's. But, to be honest, it also made me expect that level of success in the future.

I don't blame you for being Doogstone. Someone has to keep the fandom going when the bitter, jaded assholes like me flame out and walk away.
    It’s true. He sold me his purple Doog shoes and everything.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kevin Thomson (Auburn Riverside)
    Gladstone said:

lol

Officially Team Sirmon
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jacob Sirmon (Bothell)
    dnc said:

That is a lot of picks though. Just imagine how many he'd throw against a good team, like Woodinville

Hell yeah I am.

I made 0 predictions about UW QB's other than saying that I want to see one of the players currently in the QB room get the opportunity to start.

I said he's inaccurate and prone to really bad games... I couldn't be more right thus far. He's still got A&M, Alabama, Auburn and Georgia to play...

This is purely about Costello. He's horrible. I was right. You're damn right I'm taking a victory lap.
    Costello was never close to this bad at Stanford. I don't know if he doesn't fit the Air Raid or Leach is in his head or what but I don't take anything he's done at MSU as indicative of how he could have done here. We've already seen him in the Pac in a pro style offense.

I absolutely would feel better if he had come here.
    He's not some side arm slinging dink and dunk quarterback, so no I don't think the air raid was a good choice for him. He should have stayed somewhere in the Pac 12 North but I'm sure he didn't want to play against his old team.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Hell yeah I am.

Shut the fuck up
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    Jacob Sirmon (Bothell)

Hell yeah I am.

Shut the fuck up
    Solid advice in most any situation, but it's especially applicable here.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    KJs play against Oregon and UW alone from 2 years ago makes him better than any QB we’ve had in a long time.
  • BowDownDeathRowBowDownDeathRow Member Posts: 41
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Think Ronnie Fouch takes control late in camp and wins the job
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    I'm starting to lean towards wanting Thomson to be the guy. It sounds like he has the second strongest arm but is way ahead of Sirmon in terms of decision making and accuracy. He is also way way way ahead of the other guys as a runner.

The fact that, based on measurable and time in the program, Sirmon should have run away with this but hasn't makes me think there are some big red flags with him.

We should have a good enough set of WRs, TEs, and RBs that a game manager who has good touch and accuracy and doesn't make Browning/Eason game-changing dumbass mistakes should be good enough.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Thompson wins the starting job this year, there is a good chance he would come back for next year since this year doesn’t count towards eligibility. That would make him the presumed favorite to start in 2021. Huard would have to beat him out, and Huard is not coming in early, giving Thompson more snaps on spring. Sets up for an interesting qb battle for 2022, depending on who is still around.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    With a good defense and good RBs I'm betting the plan is to run the ball a lot, do play action, and take deep vertical strikes with our fast and talented WRs.

In that context you are going to lean toward the person who can manage the game and not make mistakes.

If they believe Cam Davis is a big time back they aren't going to go with a guy like Sirmon who has arm talent but maturity and decision-making issues.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    and the verdict is...
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I was right.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    shoutout @PostGameOrangeSlices who called morris starting before anyone else, and that he would be good