Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official final Debate game thread

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Goduckies said:

The left is convinced Biden won and Trump only lies

The modern left is full of idiots.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,798
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

ReignMan said:

Chris Wallace needs to Pack up his toys and go to CNN. What debate did he watch!!

Anyone trying to score that debate as anything other than a MASSIVE Trump win is being willfully ignorant or has an agenda.
    Why do you hate George Stephanopolopoloopls?
    Short people got no reason to live.

Don't want no short people 'round here.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Goduckies said:

They’re not idiots, their intelligence is drowned out by fear and groupthink

They are the “good germans”
  • Options
    Founders Club

I thought Trump "won", whatever that means, because despite @Tequilla's misconceptions, nobody was going to be swayed by either man 12 days prior to the election. Biden looked older than he ever has.

With the theatrics cut down due to the mic muting (which helped Trump because it prevented him from caving in to his worst impulses), both frankly looked awful when they were discussing actual policy. Neither man could string together a two minute segment without getting distracted and rambling off onto some other tangent.

I do wonder about this. How many late deciders can there be? It's been ALL TRUMP ALL THE TIM for 4 years. You should pretty much know by now if you are for or against what he's selling.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020
    Swaye said:

I thought Trump "won", whatever that means, because despite @Tequilla's misconceptions, nobody was going to be swayed by either man 12 days prior to the election. Biden looked older than he ever has.

With the theatrics cut down due to the mic muting (which helped Trump because it prevented him from caving in to his worst impulses), both frankly looked awful when they were discussing actual policy. Neither man could string together a two minute segment without getting distracted and rambling off onto some other tangent.

I do wonder about this. How many late deciders can there be? It's been ALL TRUMP ALL THE TIM for 4 years. You should pretty much know by now if you are for or against what he's selling.
    Pre-game debate @BretBaier FOX had Pollster Frank Luntz on who said there were only 4% undecided before the debate.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Undecided on candidate yeah. But many that are on the fence about voting at all

Voting for Trump in my county is like yelling in the wind basically. Hillary beat Don by 210k votes last time around. It's quite possibly going to be an even bigger margin this time.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Voting for Trump in my county is like yelling in the wind basically. Hillary beat Don by 210k votes last time around. It's quite possibly going to be an even bigger margin this time.
    Sad!!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Don't you have 211K dead people you can do ballots for? Come on man! Get out the deceased vote!
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,193
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Fuck, when the civil war hits you'll have tons of fun
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,517
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

To your point, Trump doesn't need to eloquently speak on policy. Pence can do that.

Trump is the President because of his attack, attack, attack mindset.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So much this. Joe needs people to turn out for him. If parts of his base erode like the inner city black vote or the radical left he's toast.

1994 crime bill and super predators probably just got Googled a lot.

Joe just flip flopped on fracking again.

It won't flip votes but it will discourage voters he needs to turn up en masse.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So much this. Joe needs people to turn out for him. If parts of his base erode like the inner city black vote or the radical left he's toast.

1994 crime bill and super predators probably just got Googled a lot.

Joe just flip flopped on fracking again.

It won't flip votes but it will discourage voters he needs to turn up en masse.
    Joe did everything possible last night to keep the base home. From blaming Obama to shitting on AOC Plus 3 and the Green New Deal which he is against or for depending on the day
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2020

To your point, Trump doesn't need to eloquently speak on policy. Pence can do that.

Trump is the President because of his attack, attack, attack mindset.
    You're right that that ends up being the case, and frankly Biden/Harris can make the same argument. And maybe I'm old fashioned, but I prefer my candidates for the most important office in the world to be able to at least marginally articulate the various policies they're putting forward. And from my grading, both guys fell well short of that already low bar. But it's been obvious for awhile that policy coherence is not a huge piece of criteria for voters, so my grading doesn't really mean shit.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

Goduckies said:

They’re not idiots, their intelligence is drowned out by fear and groupthink

They are the “good germans”
    The modern left has three flavors:

1. Affluent white guilt cocktail party libs
    2. All about the feels/mean orange man/save the world naive fucks
    3. Radicals

Problem is 1 and 2 are so deep into their shit, they can't see they are being played by Group 3.

That's actually a really good cut at the categories.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Eh, somewhat disagree. That's a fair description of Biden all night save for one or two points. Trump was much more articulate. Yeah, he wanders into the "I'm hearing" and "the most beautiful [fill in the blank]". Of course, neither has any specifics on healthcare because it remains one of our most intractible issues as a country.

But overall Trump came off much better. When he tones down just a couple of notches it does him so many favors. He's confident in what he's about to say and he just says it. Much better on his feet too.

Agree nobody's changing votes at this 11th hour; but Trump came off more put together. Biden is an unmitigated disaster as a candidate.
    This.